atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

HDX TV series look like 720p

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HDX TV series look like 720p

    I own both The League and Parks and Recreation in HDX. For some reason, any episode from either of these series looks like slightly lower quality to me....almost as if it's maxing out at 720p. I can compare this to the streams from Netflix which look clearer.

    I've tried on multiple apps (Roku, ATV, Samsung app) they all look the same.

    Any ideas why? Movies in HDX look nice and sharp. Wondering if Vudu is selling HDX of these shows in 720p only.

    #2
    Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

    If you bring up the player info bar when playing, how many bars do you see in the upper right? Resolution and bitrate is adaptive based on the best rate that can be streamed.

    All HDX titles max out at 1080p, whether they are TV or movies. Of course, it's only as good as the source - some old TV shows, for example, may have been processed and upscaled by the content owner. But I would think Parks and Rec and The League would be native HD.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

      Originally posted by Jake View Post
      If you bring up the player info bar when playing, how many bars do you see in the upper right? Resolution and bitrate is adaptive based on the best rate that can be streamed.

      All HDX titles max out at 1080p, whether they are TV or movies. Of course, it's only as good as the source - some old TV shows, for example, may have been processed and upscaled by the content owner. But I would think Parks and Rec and The League would be native HD.
      Always have full bars and HDX selected. Even tried the new Apple TV app tonight and it still looked softer than a Netflix stream.

      Yeah I'd figure both those, especially the later seasons should be native HD.

      Movies always look crystal clear......weird it's just the shows for me.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

        Originally posted by netnothing View Post
        Always have full bars and HDX selected. Even tried the new Apple TV app tonight and it still looked softer than a Netflix stream.

        Yeah I'd figure both those, especially the later seasons should be native HD.

        Movies always look crystal clear......weird it's just the shows for me.
        Can you provide a couple of specific episodes you think are sub-par? I'll have some encoding people look into it.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

          Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Can you provide a couple of specific episodes you think are sub-par? I'll have some encoding people look into it.
          Thanks Jake. Tonight I was checking out

          The League season 1 episode 1
          Parks and Recreation season 7 episode 2

          Those were just the two tonight I was using to test new ATV app. But really any of those episodes in those series seem to be lesser quality.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

            Jake any update on this? Using the Vudu app on the new Apple TV 4K, any TV show looks like 720p. I can go to Netflix for something like Parks and Rec and it look much better.

            It says I own HDX - does that mean 720p or 1080p?

            Comment


              #7
              Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

              Originally posted by netnothing View Post
              Jake any update on this? Using the Vudu app on the new Apple TV 4K, any TV show looks like 720p. I can go to Netflix for something like Parks and Rec and it look much better.

              It says I own HDX - does that mean 720p or 1080p?
              All HDX is adaptive, but goes up to 1080p (if you see full bars). I forwarded this to some people to look into re: encoding quality.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

                Originally posted by Jake View Post
                All HDX is adaptive, but goes up to 1080p (if you see full bars). I forwarded this to some people to look into re: encoding quality.
                Thanks Jake. They can feel free to PM me if they need more info. The two main shows I own (because I don't own many) are The League and Parks & Rec.

                On the new ATV - these all look horrible. Even letting it play (hoping it will scale up) it never seems to get better. Often it looks like 480p honestly. Playing an HDX movie on the ATV Vudu app is completely different. That usually looks pretty good (maybe not as good as Roku).

                Playing these shows on my Roku, they look a LOT better - but still not quite as good as say Netflix's stream of Parks & Rec.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

                  Originally posted by netnothing View Post
                  Thanks Jake. They can feel free to PM me if they need more info. The two main shows I own (because I don't own many) are The League and Parks & Rec.

                  On the new ATV - these all look horrible. Even letting it play (hoping it will scale up) it never seems to get better. Often it looks like 480p honestly. Playing an HDX movie on the ATV Vudu app is completely different. That usually looks pretty good (maybe not as good as Roku).

                  Playing these shows on my Roku, they look a LOT better - but still not quite as good as say Netflix's stream of Parks & Rec.
                  Sounds like on the ATV they are only SD - so it might be 480p. Not all content has been updated to HDX for Apple (HLS) yet - as of now I believe most movies and newer shows were prioritized. Roku should have everything in HDX.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

                    Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    Sounds like on the ATV they are only SD - so it might be 480p. Not all content has been updated to HDX for Apple (HLS) yet - as of now I believe most movies and newer shows were prioritized. Roku should have everything in HDX.
                    Ah ok, that sounds like it?s probably it, since they look much better on the Roku. Still think the Vudu versions look a bit soft on roku, but that might be the Roku upscaler. I?ll have to do some more testing between the Vudu versions and the Netflix streams.

                    Thanks for the info Jake!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

                      Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      Sounds like on the ATV they are only SD - so it might be 480p. Not all content has been updated to HDX for Apple (HLS) yet - as of now I believe most movies and newer shows were prioritized. Roku should have everything in HDX.
                      Jake, quick question - since the Apple TV Vudu app simply states what you own it in, I'm guessing users can know if a particular movie/tv show is available in HDX (been converted for Apple HLS) by looking at an iOS app on an iPhone/iPad, since these will tell us what it's available in, regardless of what we own it in?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: HDX TV series look like 720p

                        Jake,

                        I can now confirm that the Apple TV is getting the 720x480 stream (I enabled Dev tools to see).

                        Any chance these older shows are going to get updated?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Jake....is there any hope of getting these older TV seasons updated to HDX on Apple platforms? I just bought The Office and it's also only SD on iOS/tvOS.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            HLS titles are being updated to HDX based on popularity - I'm sure The Office is on there, somewhere...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              HLS titles are being updated to HDX based on popularity - I'm sure The Office is on there, somewhere...
                              Hey Jake.....indeed it was. I see the Office is now HDX on Apple devices!!! Now anything you can bribe the conversion team to get Parks and Rec and The League converted ;-)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X