Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu- thank you for NOT intruding on movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu- thank you for NOT intruding on movies!

Having used Vudu and other services for a few years now, I want to just remind Vudu that I appreciate how it does NOT show any pop-up menus or graphics during movies or shows automatically- there was that "auto-play" fiasco with TV shows a while ago, but to its credit Vudu listened to complaints about that and added an option to disable it.

I'm posting this because I just got a survey from Fandango's "Movie Inner Circle", which usually asks about theatergoing but this time asked about the FandangoNow service, which is right now Vudu's main competitor as it's mainly the other way to watch UltraViolet movies (of which I have several hundred). The survey stated that FandangoNow is thinking about having a menu pop up onscreen during the ending credits of movies asking you to rate it, similar to how Vudu does after the movie has completely finished playing. I'm absolutely disgusted that Fandango would even be THINKING about doing this- I watch all my movies COMPLETELY from start to finish, including the end credits as they are part of the movie and often are a good way to close out the film. Having seen similar intrusions on Amazon, Hulu and Netflix, I find that these often RUIN the ending of the movie, and are also incredibly disrespectful to the people who worked on the movie. While some users may stop watching a movie once the credits start rolling, that doesn't make it right and their habits certainly should not be forced on EVERYONE! (I was a long-time subscriber to Netflix ever since they started, but dropped them after they began interrupting the end credits with no way to disable it- although you can restore them via the remote, by that point they've already ruined the ending of the movie and I should not have to pick up my remote just to have the movie continue playing as it should!)

Vudu always asks for a star rating of movies after they are COMPLETELY over, which is the way it SHOULD be done, and I hope that they will continue to do it that way rather than interrupt any part of the movie itself. I've also noticed if you exit out of a movie anywhere past the half-way point, it will also ask "How did you like the movie?" so those who regularly stop at the end credits will still be sure to do that. When Vudu began (and long before it was purchased by Walmart) it catered to serious movie watchers, so I hope they will continue to do that. If interrupting end credits becomes standard practice for streaming services then I will simply stop using them altogether and go back entirely to physical media. Having several hundred UltraViolet movies, there are no words to describe how angry I would be if I am ever unable to watch them uninterrupted!

Hopefully nobody at Vudu is even considering doing anything like this, but I just wanted to say that I appreciate that they haven't so far!

Re: Vudu- thank you for NOT intruding on movies!

Thank you very much for the kind feedback, much appreciated!

Comment

Hear, hear! Fellow credits watcher here... I'm always the last to leave the theatre, the cleanup crew must hate me I know several people who work in the industry and I've always thought it was very disrespectful that theatres turn on the lights and practically guilt you to leaving as soon as the credits start. The way streaming services do it is terrible, Netflix is one of the worst. When that count down timer first appeared on Vudu my heart sank, but I agree, kudos to Vudu for listening and quickly fixing it

Comment

Glad to hear that Vudu appreciates my comment, hopefully this will never be a problem. I do wish that Vudu didn't show that display with the time counter when STARTING movies, though at least hitting the Back button on the Roku will quickly get rid of it. I've been trained to automatically reach for that button whenever I start a movie or even a trailer on Vudu as I don't even want a display on the first five seconds of anything. Would be nice if there was a way to not have it show at all unless you hit a button telling it to come on, but at least the way it is now is still tolerable for the most part. I should NOT however have to reach for the remote at any time after a movie has started to get anything off the screen that isn't part of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post
          ... I'm absolutely disgusted that Fandango would even be THINKING about doing this ...
          ... Having seen similar intrusions on Amazon, Hulu and Netflix, I find that these often RUIN the ending of the movie ...
          ... While some users may stop watching a movie once the credits start rolling, that doesn't make it right ...
          ... (I was a long-time subscriber to Netflix ever since they started, but dropped them after they began interrupting the end credits ...
          ... If interrupting end credits becomes standard practice for streaming services then I will simply stop using them altogether and go back entirely to physical media. Having several hundred UltraViolet movies, there are no words to describe how angry I would be if I am ever unable to watch them uninterrupted! ...
          haha oh my god could you possibly be more melodramatic about a small mild annoyance? your post makes you sound insane.

Comment

You came in here just to say that? How do you think that makes YOU sound? Are you saying you'd be happy if Vudu started doing this? Yes, I am passionate about this stuff, and quite frankly I'm tired of having it spoiled by people who aren't.

Comment

You came in here just to say that? How do you think that makes YOU sound?
              I hope I sound like a rational adult who doesn't go ranting and raving about something that hasn't even happened yet, to a completely different service (FandangoNow) no less.

Are you saying you'd be happy if Vudu started doing this?
              Like I said in my previous post, it would be a small mild annoyance if it did happen.

Yes, I am passionate about this stuff, and quite frankly I'm tired of having it spoiled by people who aren't.
              You assume I'm not. I also have a few hundred movies on the Vudu service, as well as a small handful of TV shows.

But using phrasing like "absolutely disgusted " and "no words to describe how angry I would be" just makes you sound like a crazy person. Besides, it's not "incredibly disrespectful" to anyone that worked on the movie if you skip the credits. I'm not saying Vudu should go this route, but it's hardly the end of the world if they do.

Comment

Alan is a good dude, and loves his movies. Let's be honest here, there were a ton of people who thought some of us were complaining about a mild annoyance regarding full-time frame versus widescreen. To me, credits don't matter much, but I understand where Alan is coming from. The important thing is that we, as customers, have the option.

Comment

I agree with this 100%. If I am watching a movie, especially something I paid money for, it is rude to interrupt before it is completely finished. That includes squished credits, voiceovers, popups, logo bugs, anything.

Comment

I'm one who wishes that vudu had auto play like other streaming services. I really like that I can continue to watch the next episode with other services. Or if you want you can view the credits. But Vudu has no options like this. You have to watch the credits or exit out to the next episode to start it. While other services give the option to watch the next episode or watch the credits. It would make Vudu much more usable to me if they did what some of the other streaming services are doing. And give me an option instead of no option.

Comment

The problem with the "other services" is that they have menus or other graphics pop up during the ending credits- yes you can then hit a button to turn them off, but that's still unacceptable. I watched one movie on Hulu during a free trial that had a VERY emotional ending, and having the menu pop up really killed the mood (I cancelled Hulu immediately after that). The credits are part of the show/movie and if someone doesn't want to watch them it should be on them to skip them, not on the viewer to have them keep playing. I thought Vudu's autoplay option cut the end credits of shows off anyways; it definitely cut off one episode I watched that had dialogue going all the way through the credits til the very end that I couldn't hear all of because of that- thankfully Vudu actually listened to complaints about that and put in an on/off option. I can see why people might want to skip through parts of TV episodes but I still prefer to watch those complete and uninterrupted- the credits usually provide a decent break between episodes in that case, and it's easy to skip them if you don't want to wait for them to finish. I've seen some cases where the pop-up during end credits even explains what's going to happen in the following episode, which I consider a spoiler.

Comment

Unfortunately the best thing for a company to do is whatever satisfies most of their customers which might not necessarily include you. I think the ideal thing to do in this case would be to add an option to your account settings and let you decide. In the case of shows, I like the popup that lets me start the next episode as soon as the credits come on. By letting us choose what happens, we both get what we want.

Comment

The problem with the "other services" is that they have menus or other graphics pop up during the ending credits- yes you can then hit a button to turn them off, but that's still unacceptable. I watched one movie on Hulu during a free trial that had a VERY emotional ending, and having the menu pop up really killed the mood (I cancelled Hulu immediately after that). The credits are part of the show/movie and if someone doesn't want to watch them it should be on them to skip them, not on the viewer to have them keep playing. I thought Vudu's autoplay option cut the end credits of shows off anyways; it definitely cut off one episode I watched that had dialogue going all the way through the credits til the very end that I couldn't hear all of because of that- thankfully Vudu actually listened to complaints about that and put in an on/off option. I can see why people might want to skip through parts of TV episodes but I still prefer to watch those complete and uninterrupted- the credits usually provide a decent break between episodes in that case, and it's easy to skip them if you don't want to wait for them to finish. I've seen some cases where the pop-up during end credits even explains what's going to happen in the following episode, which I consider a spoiler.
                          Even being a person that does not watch the credits, I can actually respect what you are saying. I think Vudu is wise to make this a choice in the options for your account so as to satisfy people that want to watch the movie uninterrupted from start to credit finish, and also to satisfy people that do not wish to watch the credits or also as an example that have little kids watching spongebob episodes and the kids get antsy as the credits are running.

Comment

Working...
                          X