Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is Ultraviolet dead? Anyone else considering jumping ship (to Apple/Google/Amazon)?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Things are going from bad to worse:

    "Please check the insert that came with your disc for instructions on how to redeem the code.

    You may also be able to redeem the code at your favorite UltraViolet retailer?s website."



    Comment


      Ultraviolet will maybe merge into movies anywhere when all Studios paramount and Lionsgate join.

      Comment


        Originally posted by mrewster View Post
        Things are going from bad to worse:

        "Please check the insert that came with your disc for instructions on how to redeem the code.

        You may also be able to redeem the code at your favorite UltraViolet retailer?s website."


        This is really looking bad for UV, and their customer service is shocking. I just had a UV copy insert that specifically says - "to redeem please go to myuv.com/redeem", a page that now says "check the insert for instructions". I inform them of this and say that this should be fixed and I get this reply -

        "The redeem page was removed since it replicated efforts by various Retailers. Please follow the directions provided on the insert that came with your purchase."

        I'm lost for words at the complete lack of comprehension and thought put into this reply.


        Originally posted by Dive86 View Post
        Ultraviolet will maybe merge into movies anywhere when all Studios paramount and Lionsgate join.
        I really hope so, once they get all studios on board I hope they figure out how to get TV shows as well.

        Does anyone here have insider knowledge?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Dive86 View Post
          Ultraviolet will maybe merge into movies anywhere when all Studios paramount and Lionsgate join.
          Disney didn't join UV so I really doubt they'll want to merge MA with UV. I said it before and I'll say it again I think the best we can hope for is for Vudu to come up with their own sharing system so we don't have to worry about UV's longevity anymore.

          Comment


            With Vudu being UV and MA compatible.... the only real downside of sticking with Vudu would be losing the UV sharing function correct?
            If i were to migrate to another service that uses MA, i'd potentially be losing potentially about 25% of my movies who haven't jumped on board with MA, and my television content.

            If weighing the pro's and con's, at the moment it seems to make sense to stick with Vudu. Am i missing something???

            Seems like this is 99% out of the customers hands, and all comes down to MA getting full support, and UV potentially going away. If UV goes away, i'd still have the same, if not more content with Vudu vs. other services.

            Comment


              I'm in the same boat, but I'm okay with that because I think Vudu is the best. Now that we have MA and it appears UV will eventually die, my Christmas Wish is that ALL studios join up with MA and Vudu starts their own sharing option that is similar to UV. This may just be a pipe dream though because most likely Vudu is not allowed to provide sharing outside the home as a condition of partnering with MA. Vudu Support, can you confirm if this is true or not?

              Comment


                I have a feeling that UV is on the way out but that they will find a way to port all of our movies and TV to Vudu and MA. To not do so would cause an uproar. I know that MA doesn't support TV shows for the time being but Vudu fortunately does.

                Comment


                  Just saw the new Universal releases - The Snowman and Happy Death Day are Movies Anywhere only. All new 20th Century Fox titles are only MA. One big advantage to Ultraviolet was the ability to share titles with up to (5) family members or friends. Disney has never supported this concept. Disney makes everyone purchase their own copy. That isn't very family oriented . . . !! If anything, Vudu will lose sales because with the fact that Apple now has 4K titles at the same price as the Vudu HDX titles, I will probably purchase more titles at Apple if they are Movies Anywhere only titles. Vudu still seems to be lacking somewhat or a lot with respect to 4K titles. Why purchase a Movies Anywhere HDX title at Vudu for $14.99 if I can purchase the 4K Movies Anywhere version on Apple for the same $14.99 and it will still show up on Vudu as an HDX title. Vudu does not seem to automatically upgrade your HDX version to the 4K version like Apple does. If anything, Vudu makes you spend another $15 to $30 to purchase the 4K version when it becomes available.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by awarlock View Post
                    Just saw the new Universal releases - The Snowman and Happy Death Day are Movies Anywhere only. All new 20th Century Fox titles are only MA. One big advantage to Ultraviolet was the ability to share titles with up to (5) family members or friends. Disney has never supported this concept. Disney makes everyone purchase their own copy. That isn't very family oriented . . . !! If anything, Vudu will lose sales because with the fact that Apple now has 4K titles at the same price as the Vudu HDX titles, I will probably purchase more titles at Apple if they are Movies Anywhere only titles. Vudu still seems to be lacking somewhat or a lot with respect to 4K titles. Why purchase a Movies Anywhere HDX title at Vudu for $14.99 if I can purchase the 4K Movies Anywhere version on Apple for the same $14.99 and it will still show up on Vudu as an HDX title. Vudu does not seem to automatically upgrade your HDX version to the 4K version like Apple does. If anything, Vudu makes you spend another $15 to $30 to purchase the 4K version when it becomes available.
                    From my understanding Google Play allows you to share your collection including Disney. iTunes also has a sharing solution but I know less about that one.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by diamond204 View Post

                      From my understanding Google Play allows you to share your collection including Disney. iTunes also has a sharing solution but I know less about that one.
                      google play is pretty easy to set up to share.... just make sure the accounts you set up to share are between the ages of I think 13 - 17 (you'll have to look that one up).... between those ages you can set up a pin code for purchases...... if you dont do that anyone you share with can use your payment method.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by diamond204 View Post

                        From my understanding Google Play allows you to share your collection including Disney. iTunes also has a sharing solution but I know less about that one.
                        Unfortunately with Google, you have to tie your sharing to a credit card. That's not an option for me since i share with people outside my household.

                        Also MA does not support 4k / HDR / Dolby Vision *deal breaker*

                        Also MA does not support TV titles.... *another deal breaker*

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by SinGA View Post


                          Also MA does not support 4k / HDR / Dolby Vision *deal breaker*

                          Also MA does not support TV titles.... *another deal breaker*
                          Not yet for 4k but coming soon. MA records the 4k ownership but doesn't display it or stream it yet.

                          Also the Gm of movies anywhere made a general reference that they are working on expanding movies anywhere to include other content and it was inferred that TV was a part of that.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by diamond204 View Post

                            Also the Gm of movies anywhere made a general reference that they are working on expanding movies anywhere to include other content and it was inferred that TV was a part of that.
                            Where did you find this info? I hope it's true because I would love another decent source for my tv shows so that when Vudu has a bad copy that they take ages to fix, or in some cases never fix, I have somewhere else to watch it without having to buy it again.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by diamond204 View Post
                              Not yet for 4k but coming soon. MA records the 4k ownership but doesn't display it or stream it yet.
                              Coming soon doesnt really work for me because we all know these giant companies have a funny definition of "coming soon". It could be 2019!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by SinGA View Post

                                Coming soon doesnt really work for me because we all know these giant companies have a funny definition of "coming soon". It could be 2019!
                                Agreed but it is in their financial interest to expand their catalog. They want people buying and watching the widest selection of content.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X