Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UHD Pricing Concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Pricing Concern

I"m a bit concerned about UHD pricing and how it compares to other retailers, iTunes especially. I got an e-mail over the weekend saying UHD prices dropped, so I bought a few films like The Conjuring. I went back today to buy some more, and they are all back to 29.99. So was it a weekend sale, or a one week sale? I thought it would be a permanent drop on all non-Disney titles, from the studios who have agreed to supply iTunes with lower pricing.

My concern is also for new release content, The House is available on Vudu for 29.99 in UHD, but you can get it in UHD on iTunes for only 14.99 since release. I would prefer to support Vudu, like I said in the past, I really love Vudu's TV/Roku interface more than any other service I've used, but it's hard when titles are double the cost of the competition.

I would love to buy Annabelle: Creation when it comes out as well, but I may have to pass if it ends up being $10-$15 more for the UHD on Vudu. I hope prices go back down for catalog and new release titles, there are many people that want to buy the content, but it's important to be competitive in pricing.

Re: UHD Pricing Concern

wow, you're right, all those nice prices have reverted back to original prices for UHD titles. WTF is going on here? These inconsistencies are just horrible for us, the customer. I feel like we're being played with and tested to see what we'd go for and what we won't go for.

This is one of the reasons why i still buy physical media and really only use VUDU for my Ultraviolet titles...

Comment

Yea, I'm starting to feel paralyzed, the UHD prices keep jumping around and I have no idea where they will land. I just do not understand why they would do this after sending out the "New UHD Prices!" e-mail over the weekend. There was no indication that was just a promotion and these prices compared to other providers are not sustainable.

I am also starting to get uncomfortable buying regular HDX new releases because I have no idea if or when they will get a 4K version which I would need to pay an additional $30 for on top of my initial $15-$20 purchase in order to upgrade.

Comment

I noticed this as well.

Can someone from Vudu please explain why and if the UHD prices will ever be moved back down to $20 permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by CH46745 View Post
          I noticed this as well.

Can someone from Vudu please explain why and if the UHD prices will ever be moved back down to $20 permanently.
          Word on the street is that it was a bug that raised the prices. Hopefully someone at Vudu will address officially.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post
            Word on the street is that it was a bug that raised the prices. Hopefully someone at Vudu will address officially.
            Where did you hear this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post
              The street.

70 UHD
              798 HDX
              2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post
                It was in a Google + forum but not sure of the original Vudu contact source, but they said it would be resolved by this evening

Comment

Prices have been fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                    Prices have been fixed
                    I noticed that too, thank goodness.

This thread is more than just that though, I'm also talking about new release content being $30 for The House and Annabelle: Creation, recent releases such as CHIPs. Also, many other titles from Warner Bros. have yet to see price drops, such as Me Before You and Black Mass. There needs to be less confusion with UHD pricing on Vudu, and Vudu should negotiate for the same pricing rights as iTunes.

I say this as a huge fan of Vudu, I have the ability and big enough collection on iTunes to easily leave Vudu behind. With an upcoming digital locker system, it may make it tempting for many others to abandon Vudu if pricing doesn't change to compete with other retailers. As I've said before, I will continue to support Vudu despite my disappointment in UHD pricing, and I admit that it's easy to be critical when you want to see them succeed so much.

I have a home theater in my basement, 4K projector, 7.4.2 Dolby Atmos in ceiling/in wall speakers, theater seating, and elevated platform rows, and have viewing parties every weekend using Vudu. I love showing off Vudu and introducing family and friends to the service, but regardless of how great of a viewing experience they had, they always complain about the pricing of content.

I was actually surprised by the people at my home this weekend wanting to see my 4K AppleTV, and how they heard about cheap UHD pricing and upgrades. I mentioned that Vudu is also working on pricing, but let's hope it changes from 29.99 WB UHD titles to something lower, because that is not going to fly with average consumers and even most 4k enthusiasts. I have faith in Vudu, they've created such a strong platform full of options, I just want to see them continue to be the best, and not fall behind.

Honestly, I don't care about free upgrades. I just want buying new/or upgrading digital 4K content to be less expensive than buying the 4K disc, that generally includes the digital version free anyway.

Comment

Just noticed that Atomic Blonde is pre-ordering UHD at the same price as HDX $14.99
                      https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!conten.../Atomic-Blonde

Comment

Working...
                      X