Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

iTunes purchases syncing through Movies Anywhere to Vudu as SD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iTunes purchases syncing through Movies Anywhere to Vudu as SD.

Originally posted by VuduAddict View Post
    This affects all movies that are available in 4K on iTunes, but that are unavailable in 4K on Vudu. The best fix would be for Vudu to get everything in 4K , but it seems the system registers incoming resolution as SD instead of HD when 4K is unavailable, and hopefully that is fixed.
    I think the issue is with MA. Because Google is doing the same as it ends up SD there as well.

Has anyone spoken to MA or Vudu about this?

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
      I'll ask our engineers what's going on here. I'll keep you updated.
      How about the opposite as well?

I have some titles on iTunes in 4K that was ported to VUDU in HD, even though 4K versions are available on VUDU.

I also have a cousin who I use VUDU's "Share My Movies" feature with, and he had 3-4 iTunes films in 4K that ported to VUDU in HD even though he has it on iTunes in 4K.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that your Vudu SD titles are HD on Amazon Video?

Well, maybe not. The descriptions are ambiguous at best. HD seems to mean HD is available but not necessarily the purchased version. I'm watching a movie that is pretty obviously not HD although the description says HD. My UV license is SD.

My Lester version Superman II DVD is strictly 2.0 audio. Both Vudu versions are 2.0. Amazon is 5.1. A bonus from the new links.
        Last edited by Mad Loaf; 10-17-2017, 09:10 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Same things! Purchased Hd from iTunes Darin towners and ported to VUDU SD only. This should of been made very clear at start of vudu and movies anywhere working together is they were not gong to port at same definition. Who?s going to buy or upgrade to Hd in vudu when it?s already no only Hd but 4K in some instance like dark tower in iTunes. It needs to be at least Hdx in vudu, just like iTunes is letting vudu purchase port into iTunes in the form purchased from vudu. All my vudu Hd are hd in iTunes but all my iTunes are SD in vudu. Not right at all!

Comment

Any update on this? Still seems to be an issue.

Comment

It seems like if the iTunes title you own in 4K is also available on VUDU as UHD appears as UHD on VUDU (like 'Lucy' or 'Lone Survivor'). VUDU seems to be getting an indicator saying "other than HD". When there is no UHD version on VUDU (like 'King Kong') it comes back as SD because that is the only "other than HD" option VUDU has.

I may be wrong, but this is just what I observed.

Comment

It's not an iTunes issue, it appears it's a Vudu issue. Any 4K movie redeemed/purchased at iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, or Movies Anywhere directly ports to Vudu in SD, if Vudu does not currently have the 4K version. Vudu has to update their system when receiving 4K entitlements they don't support, to default to HD, and not SD.

Comment

Originally posted by VuduAddict View Post
                    It's not an iTunes issue, it appears it's a Vudu issue. Any 4K movie redeemed/purchased at iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, or Movies Anywhere directly ports to Vudu in SD, if Vudu does not currently have the 4K version. Vudu has to update their system when receiving 4K entitlements they don't support, to default to HD, and not SD.
                    Correct. I also have an Amazon title (Hostel Part III) that is in HD there but only SD at Vudu even though Vudu has the HD version available.

73 UHD
                    851 HDX
                    2 SD

Comment

Dark Tower now shows HDX on Vudu. Everyone check your iTunes transfers.

Comment

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is now showing as HDX. Maybe the kinks are starting to get ironed out.

Comment

Alien: Covenant was just fixed for me. Appreciate Vudu addressing the issue without requiring a ticket.

Comment

King Kong (2009) which was iTunes 4k, had this issue has been fixed, thanks!

Question: This seems to be an issue with the movies we have in 4K in iTunes when there is no 4k version on Vudu. When an UHD version does become available on Vudu, will we automatically have access to it?

Comment

Originally posted by olarmy96 View Post
                              Alien: Covenant was just fixed for me. Appreciate Vudu addressing the issue without requiring a ticket.
                              Not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                                I noticed the same thing on Vudu. "Captain Phillips" which I own from Google Play in 4k is SD on Vudu. Also, "Hostel Part III" which is own in HD on Amazon is SD on Vudu.
                                Captain Phillips has been corrected coming from Google Play. Hostel Part III from Amazon in HD is still only SD on Vudu.

73 UHD
                                851 HDX
                                2 SD

Comment

Working...
                                X