Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

conversion at Walmart

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: conversion at Walmart

    I would like to know if there will be some sort of discount for multi-disc TV Shows. Like, if I have 6-disc season of a show on DVD that I want to upgrade, will it still be $30 or will there be some sort of discount?

    Comment


      #17
      Re: conversion at Walmart

      Originally posted by lujan View Post
      I myself will only be converting current SD disks to Digital and only if I can upgrade to HD quality. I have a couple of questions/clarifications:

      1. If they are not available on Vudu, then obviously you can't convert to digital.
      2. If they ARE available on Vudu but NOT one of the 5 studios, then you can't convert to digital.
      3. If they ARE available through Vudu (but are listed as only available to WATCH in SD) and ARE one of the studios participating, can you convert to HD quality?
      4. If they ARE available through Vudu (but are listed as only available to OWN in SD) and ARE one of the studios participating, can you convert to HD quality?
      3 and 4 could be so/so It would be heavily dependent on licensing. But none the less a Walmart employee could verify this for you during the conversion process and ask if you want the SD or HD option that is available.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: conversion at Walmart

        Originally posted by lujan View Post
        I myself will only be converting current SD disks to Digital and only if I can upgrade to HD quality. I have a couple of questions/clarifications:

        1. If they are not available on Vudu, then obviously you can't convert to digital.
        2. If they ARE available on Vudu but NOT one of the 5 studios, then you can't convert to digital.
        3. If they ARE available through Vudu (but are listed as only available to WATCH in SD) and ARE one of the studios participating, can you convert to HD quality?
        4. If they ARE available through Vudu (but are listed as only available to OWN in SD) and ARE one of the studios participating, can you convert to HD quality?
        Any answer for questions 3 and 4 dhatman? This "Disc to Digital" is scheduled to start in less than a week. Surely, by now you have some answers, right?

        Comment


          #19
          Re: conversion at Walmart

          Originally posted by lujan View Post
          Any answer for questions 3 and 4 dhatman? This "Disc to Digital" is scheduled to start in less than a week. Surely, by now you have some answers, right?
          The availability of the quality is heavily dependent on licensing. A company may limit the digital copy to SD for a number of reasons. One they may feel inclined that they can make more money off of the bluray rather than the digital copy, but now that this service is coming into effect more and more people will could potentonally purchase the bluray and pay another 2 dollars to get the HD digital copy. The companies realize this so hopefully in the near future we will see all movies available in HD format.

          Comment


            #20
            Re: conversion at Walmart

            things are too quiet over what the particulars of this service are. And already people are spelling the death of the program.

            I have 50+ titles on Vudu right now but wont buy another until they start getting more titles on HDX for PURCHASE. Seriously if you want to rid the world of blu ray boxes get your act together please

            Comment


              #21
              Hands-on with Walmart's disc-to-digital program

              Originally posted by aleicgrant View Post
              things are too quiet over what the particulars of this service are.
              Hope this helps. See this Consumer Reports actual in-store conversion article:

              http://news.consumerreports.org/elec...l-program.html

              This answers some question I have read here regarding what version do you get when the movie is only offered in a SD purchase option with SD/HD/HDX rentals. Batman Begins is only available for Vudu purchase in SD quality but the Disc to Digital conversion gets the author the HDX version.

              Comment


                #22
                Re: conversion at Walmart

                my last wish for this to be a success is a database of the 4000+ movies so you dont trot down to Walmart for nothing.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: conversion at Walmart

                  Originally posted by aleicgrant View Post
                  my last wish for this to be a success is a database of the 4000+ movies so you dont trot down to Walmart for nothing.
                  If you're looking for the list it is available here:

                  http://www.homemediamagazine.com/dig...tal-title-list

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: conversion at Walmart

                    Originally posted by aleicgrant View Post
                    my last wish for this to be a success is a database of the 4000+ movies so you dont trot down to Walmart for nothing.
                    I also heard that on Monday, April 16, 2012 you'll be able to go to the Vudu website and check availability and fill out the form before you even go to Walmart. I hope this is true?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Hands-on with Walmart's disc-to-digital program

                      Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                      Hope this helps. See this Consumer Reports actual in-store conversion article:

                      http://news.consumerreports.org/elec...l-program.html

                      This answers some question I have read here regarding what version do you get when the movie is only offered in a SD purchase option with SD/HD/HDX rentals. Batman Begins is only available for Vudu purchase in SD quality but the Disc to Digital conversion gets the author the HDX version.
                      This is great news but "Batman Begins" is available to rent on HDX to begin with. What about those movies that indicate available to rent in "SD" only. Can you purchase the "Disk to Digital" in HD or HDX?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: conversion at Walmart

                        Originally posted by lujan View Post
                        I also heard that on Monday, April 16, 2012 you'll be able to go to the Vudu website and check availability and fill out the form before you even go to Walmart. I hope this is true?
                        Yes, you will be able to create your Disc to Digital "wishlist" that can be printed out and taken to the store along with your qualifying discs. In fact that is highly encouraged since it means you won't have to stand around while a Wal-mart associate enters everything manually

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: conversion at Walmart

                          Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Yes, you will be able to create your Disc to Digital "wishlist" that can be printed out and taken to the store along with your qualifying discs. In fact that is highly encouraged since it means you won't have to stand around while a Wal-mart associate enters everything manually
                          So when will this be going live? Tomorrow at Midnight? Pacific or Eastern time? 8 AM Monday?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: conversion at Walmart

                            My question is do we need to take the packaging with to Wal Mart. Can I just take the discs in? It's easier to carry 10 DVD/Blu Ray discs than it is to carry 10 DVD/Blu Ray case.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: conversion at Walmart

                              From what I understand, you'll only have to bring the disks. And it should go live midnight eastern time.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: conversion at Walmart

                                Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                                From what I understand, you'll only have to bring the disks. And it should go live midnight eastern time.
                                1:20 AM eastern time and still not up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X