Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV at vudu but not cinemanow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV at vudu but not cinemanow?

So I bought Pitch Perfect and the Birds from cinemanow and I know they are UV on vudu but on cinemanow they do not show as UV. So, how does that work? I thought if a movie was UV it would be UV everywhere.

Re: UV at vudu but not cinemanow?

Originally posted by Kocheese99 View Post
    So I bought Pitch Perfect and the Birds from cinemanow and I know they are UV on vudu but on cinemanow they do not show as UV. So, how does that work? I thought if a movie was UV it would be UV everywhere.
    Just checked my CinemaNow on the Win laptop and Apple iOS devices. Also checked Vudu web and App's.

Pitch perfect shows and UV on all of them without being signed in. I actually own it in UV as well and checked when signed in and it still shows as UV.

Different devices may be more glitchy as may all respective authorization servers, viewing devices, software, etc.

UV is FAR from a mature product at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kocheese99 View Post
      I've seen many movies now on cinemanow that are listed that way. The interesting thing about this is in a few cases I know of if the movie was bought from Flixster or Vudu it would be accessable on CinemaNow through UV. However buying the title from CinemaNow doesn't load the movie into the UV digital locker.

I can only conclude either CinemaNow has tachnical issues or they don't have the license to sell certain titles with UV compatibility, but do have a license to allow the movie to be played or downloaded from customers who already have the title in their digital locker..

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
        I've seen many movies now on cinemanow that are listed that way. The interesting thing about this is in a few cases I know of if the movie was bought from Flixster or Vudu it would be accessable on CinemaNow through UV. However buying the title from CinemaNow doesn't load the movie into the UV digital locker.

I can only conclude either CinemaNow has tachnical issues or they don't have the license to sell certain titles with UV compatibility, but do have a license to allow the movie to be played or downloaded from customers who already have the title in their digital locker..
        For this reason alone CinemaNow will go down faster than Rosie O'Donnell on a McDonalds Filet O' Fish sandwich!

Vudu is THE BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by nycomet View Post
          For this reason alone CinemaNow will go down faster than Rosie O'Donnell on a McDonalds Filet O' Fish sandwich!

Vudu is THE BEST!
          Vudu certainly is the best. Vudu has a much larger library of titles that are UV capable, customer service agents are more knowledgeable and helpful than CinemaNow.

Comment

Especially liked the thoughtful choice of making it a Filet o' Fish instead of a cheeseburger in the case of Rosie

Comment

Ha, I went back and looked at the two movies, when I am not signed in they are listed as UV, but when I am signed in they are not UV. What a screwed up company.

Comment

Cinema now is all kinds of glitchy for that matter flixster is also vudu is the only one that always has a good glitch free site. My only ***** dear vudu is that your tv shows aren't uv even when uv threw flixster is. I like vudu I like ultraviolet i like my tv shows i just would like them ultraviolet also. Before i get trolled yes i know there are a few uv tv shows but not enough and not enough of what i want. True blood game of thrones board walk empire. I like more than just hbo but i do no these are ultraviolet and it is only threw flixster not vudu. I would like to also see more cw stuff like smallville i no they are putting out the new seasons on ultraviolet like supernatural season 7 but what about the rest. But that is really my only problem with vudu and its more of a wish than a problem.

Comment

Stupid question... Have you connected your CinemaNow account to your UV account?

Can you log in to www.uvvu.com and see whether the movie appears THERE (that is whether the connection is made from your CinemaNow account to your UV account on uvvu.com) and/or whether it shows CinemaNow as one of your connected providers?

If you haven't connected your CinemaNow account to your uvvu account, that's probably the glitch. If it shows up on CinemaNow and on UVVU, then the problem is probably either between UVVU & VUDU or between CinemaNow & VUDU.

I had a similar problem with Poseidon, I think? It was a free movie over at Flixter and was UV, it shoed up on uvvu, but not on VUDU. VUDU says it's a problem on Flixter's end, something about using the wrong ID or an old ID, or something? Might be something similar...?

Comment

Originally posted by charder View Post
                    Cinema now is all kinds of glitchy for that matter flixster is also vudu is the only one that always has a good glitch free site. My only ***** dear vudu is that your tv shows aren't uv even when uv threw flixster is. I like vudu I like ultraviolet i like my tv shows i just would like them ultraviolet also. Before i get trolled yes i know there are a few uv tv shows but not enough and not enough of what i want. True blood game of thrones board walk empire. I like more than just hbo but i do no these are ultraviolet and it is only threw flixster not vudu. I would like to also see more cw stuff like smallville i no they are putting out the new seasons on ultraviolet like supernatural season 7 but what about the rest. But that is really my only problem with vudu and its more of a wish than a problem.
                    It's generally not VUDU's fault if TV shows aren't UV yet. I'm sure that once the STUDIOS clear specific titles for digital distribution, VUDU will be the first to support them as UV purchases and/or streaming (if you own a UV version from another provider).

For instance, Big Bang Theory seasons 1,2,5 have been released in Blu/DVD/UV combo packs, 3,4 have not. Unsurprisingly, 3 & 4 do not show as UV on VUDU. Not because VUDU is evil, but because the studio hasn't yet released a UV version yet and "unlocked" a given title yet. As another for instance, House Season 8 is currently UV-ready. 1-7 don't appear to be yet. IT's just based on what the studios have cleared for digital distribution & for the UV ecosystem.

As the UV folks say, titles are currently limited but the catalog will improve over time as new titles get "approved" for UV. Now, I'm HOPING that if someone has already purchased a season through VUDU or some other provider that when it goes UV the UV right will automatically be applied and they won't have to double-dip you to convert your already-purchased title to UV. Or, if they absolutely must double-dip, I hope they use the Disc-to-UV model and just charge you the $2 to convert non-UV HDX to UV HDX, or $5 to convert from non-UV SD to UV HDX, etc. But, again, I'm HOPING *crosses fingers, toes and eyes* that things already bought for streaming will go UV automatically once UV is available for the title... Otherwise it'll be a confused situation where you OWN the title, but for some reason it doesn't show up in your UV account. One HOPES they'll do the right thing in the UV ecosystem...

Comment

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
                      It's generally not VUDU's fault if TV shows aren't UV yet. I'm sure that once the STUDIOS clear specific titles for digital distribution, VUDU will be the first to support them as UV purchases and/or streaming (if you own a UV version from another provider).

For instance, Big Bang Theory seasons 1,2,5 have been released in Blu/DVD/UV combo packs, 3,4 have not. Unsurprisingly, 3 & 4 do not show as UV on VUDU. Not because VUDU is evil, but because the studio hasn't yet released a UV version yet and "unlocked" a given title yet. As another for instance, House Season 8 is currently UV-ready. 1-7 don't appear to be yet. IT's just based on what the studios have cleared for digital distribution & for the UV ecosystem.

As the UV folks say, titles are currently limited but the catalog will improve over time as new titles get "approved" for UV. Now, I'm HOPING that if someone has already purchased a season through VUDU or some other provider that when it goes UV the UV right will automatically be applied and they won't have to double-dip you to convert your already-purchased title to UV. Or, if they absolutely must double-dip, I hope they use the Disc-to-UV model and just charge you the $2 to convert non-UV HDX to UV HDX, or $5 to convert from non-UV SD to UV HDX, etc. But, again, I'm HOPING *crosses fingers, toes and eyes* that things already bought for streaming will go UV automatically once UV is available for the title... Otherwise it'll be a confused situation where you OWN the title, but for some reason it doesn't show up in your UV account. One HOPES they'll do the right thing in the UV ecosystem...
                      If you purchase a TV show before it is UV on Vudu and it turns UV, it will automatically add to your locker. Last summer Vudu was giving out free episodes of random TV shows to promote the new season starting in September and I got an episode of Big Bang Theory S5 and Fringe S4. Later, after those blus (and therefore, UVs) were released, the individual episodes were added to my locker. So once more catalog TV shows start getting the UV treatment, your purchases should go in, regardless if you own the whole season or just an episode or two.

Comment

Today I had a LIVE CHAT (online) with a CinemaNow rep named Frank. I asked why Paramount titles that are UV-enabled on Vudu are not UV-enabled on CinemaNow.

He stated to me that it's because of the agreement between Paramount and CinemaNow. CinemaNow currently does not have rights to offer UV-enabled Paramount digital files.

The response, though it explains the situation, caught me off guard.

I was under the impression that when studio makes a movie Ultraviolet compatible it would occur across ALL service providers and all platforms.

If what the CN rep said is true, then it is very plausible that some streaming digital service providers could actually have exclusive rights to offer UV-enabled digital files for sale while others do not. Perhaps this explains why Vudu sells UV-enabled Paramount movies when CinemaNow doesn't.

Interesting and yet somewhat disturbing at the same time. I think it sucks.

I believe UV movies should be across the board for everyone.

After my conversation with Frank at CinemaNow, I wrote a message to Paramount about the situation.

If you want to chime in and express your concerns, here is the LINK to Paramount UV support. Click on the EMAIL US button on the top right of the page and tell Paramount that you want their movies to be UV on CinemaNow and all service providers.

http://www.paramountmovies.com/support.html

Comment

Originally posted by nycomet View Post
                          Today I had a LIVE CHAT (online) with a CinemaNow rep named Frank. I asked why Paramount titles that are UV-enabled on Vudu are not UV-enabled on CinemaNow.

He stated to me that it's because of the agreement between Paramount and CinemaNow. CinemaNow currently does not have rights to offer UV-enabled Paramount digital files.

The response, though it explains the situation, caught me off guard.

I was under the impression that when studio makes a movie Ultraviolet compatible it would occur across ALL service providers and all platforms.

If what the CN rep said is true, then it is very plausible that some streaming digital service providers could actually have exclusive rights to offer UV-enabled digital files for sale while others do not. Perhaps this explains why Vudu sells UV-enabled Paramount movies when CinemaNow doesn't.

Interesting and yet somewhat disturbing at the same time. I think it sucks.

I believe UV movies should be across the board for everyone.

After my conversation with Frank at CinemaNow, I wrote a message to Paramount about the situation.

If you want to chime in and express your concerns, here is the LINK to Paramount UV support. Click on the EMAIL US button on the top right of the page and tell Paramount that you want their movies to be UV on CinemaNow and all service providers.

http://www.paramountmovies.com/support.html
                          That's some good info to know at least. I take it that it only applies to some Paramount titles...? I noticed Flight is listed on CinemaNow as UV compatible, so maybe it is only catalog title that haven't been released as a hard copy w/ a UV code? I remember when it was listed as an early release, it was NOT UV compatible, but then later it was. I hope that is at least the case for other new releases, since I purchased Red Dawn hoping it will go UV by 3/5.

Comment

Working...
                          X