Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Only two accounts now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeTV
    replied
    Re: Only two accounts now?

I've run into this same problem, right after spending ~$300 on movies this past week. I'm trying to set up accounts for my children but now have run into this two accounts issue with no resolution in site.

I guess I learned a $300 lesson here.

Leave a comment:

• MGmirkin
    replied

Originally posted by jwhitlow View Post
    I do understand that the movie companies want to make as much money as they can and give away as little as they can, but I think they really need to look at the bigger picture here. They really need to consider the type of customer they are dealing with. A quick read of the forums demonstrates just how much money we are pouring into this system. The recent thread where people received 50% rebates for their at-home disc-to-digital beta total is a prime example (https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?938571). Many of these people are reporting refunds of hundreds of dollars.

We are high-profit repeat customers. Wal-mart / Vudu recognizes this! They did not have to give us the 50% rebate for using the beta program, but they see the bigger picture. They know very well where the majority of this rebate money is going to be used. They will get all of it back and then some. The DECE needs to recognize this as well.
    Yeah, pretty much... They have no business dictating which front-end a user can/can't use. Especially so arbitrarily as this. So, if I have a family member who already uses VUDU, and I add them as a member on my UV account as I'm allowed to do as PART OF UV, what, it's going to tell this long-time VUDU user they have to "go somewhere else?" Why the hell should they? Someone shouldn't have to "switch providers" simply because two other people on the account already use that provider. It's utterly ridiculous. I hope they get a ton of push-back on this and reverse this decision if it's truly what they've decided to do or been heavy-handedly forced into doing by oligopolistic studios, etc.

Leave a comment:

• jwhitlow
    replied

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
    If we're being sold that we can share with up to 6 total accounts, it shouldn't matter how many of those accounts link to which end-provider.
    I do understand that the movie companies want to make as much money as they can and give away as little as they can, but I think they really need to look at the bigger picture here. They really need to consider the type of customer they are dealing with. A quick read of the forums demonstrates just how much money we are pouring into this system. The recent thread where people received 50% rebates for their at-home disc-to-digital beta total is a prime example (https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?938571). Many of these people are reporting refunds of hundreds of dollars.

We are high-profit repeat customers. Wal-mart / Vudu recognizes this! They did not have to give us the 50% rebate for using the beta program, but they see the bigger picture. They know very well where the majority of this rebate money is going to be used. They will get all of it back and then some. The DECE needs to recognize this as well.

Leave a comment:

• MGmirkin
    replied

If we're being sold that we can share with up to 6 total accounts, it shouldn't matter how many of those accounts link to which end-provider. Seriously. It sets up a ridiculously nonsensical situation where you'd have to be like you two members have to use VUDU, you two members have to use Flixster, you two members have to use CinemaNow. Why can't all 6 use the same service in a free marketplace? What if I HATE Flixster and CinemaNow? Shouldn't I have the right to NOT use them as my primary provider and not have to shunt my family members off to them to provide inferior service and functionality? (Yeah, I said it... So far I've enjoyed VUDU immensely and have not been impressed by its competition and see no reason why anyone should be arbitrarily forced to use them simply because of some arbitrary limit of the number of users that can link to a third party app.) What the hell business is it of theirs whether 1, 2 or 5 of my family utilize the same provider as their preferred front-end? That's our right. You can't monopolistically "tie" the service to one specific provider any more than you can tell people they "can't use" that provider at all because someone other than them is using it.

WTF? If they're going back on their word, there needs to be push-back on this. I for one have been advocating this technology, precisely because of the flexibility it affords. If they're going to after-the-fact change the terms and limit the usage, that's FRAUD. Pure and simple. That's lawsuit-bait. It's called "bait and switch." It's NOT OKAY to sell people one thing and deliver something completely different. Class action suit against UV much? Not that I want it shut down, I just want them to honor their original promise not screw with things behind the scenes to disable/degrade functionality inconsistent with what was promised.

Leave a comment:

• asumovieman
    replied

Is 2 still the limit?

Leave a comment:

• nyunole
    replied

The lack of clear guidance from UV on this is what is most discouraging.

No communication about a change. No details about what is going on. Just some vague info presented in a Q&A format about linking. You don't need to do it--as long as you don't mind double sign-ins each time. I think most commentators viewed the multiple sign-in system as an obstacle to adoption when you only needed to do it once! (Or once a year, or whatever that time period linkage was all about when UV first rolled out).

It's great that, through this forum, folks have figured out what's going on. It's why I like coming to this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Speedaddict81
    replied

Originally posted by NWRushing View Post
    This would not work... when you merge an account all the links to the account thats moving are severed and have to be re-established.
    Ok, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NWRushing
    replied

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
    Try linking the Vudu to an independent UV account, then merge that account into the sub-account please, I really want to know if this workaround works because I have two family members I'd like to share my UV titles with and Vudu works much better than Flixster or Cinemanow.

This would not work... when you merge an account all the links to the account thats moving are severed and have to be re-established.

Leave a comment:

• Woodoo4Vudu
    replied

Yes, like it or die rules..

Leave a comment:

• E55KEV
    replied
    LINK IT AGAIN

I'm a early user so I might be grandfathered (if that is the case) but a month ago I added a 4th VUDU/UVVU member and it was unlinked after a day. So I tried it again and it has stayed for 4 weeks now. I have 4 UV Members to my main UV account.

Leave a comment:

• Speedaddict81
    replied

Originally posted by nyunole View Post
    Y'all are right. I am furious. I unlinked one of my "grandfathered" family members. Attempting to relink produced the now familiar nonsense error from Uv.

I can't believe I bought into this cluge system, only for this to happen.

The temporary link solution is worthless. My family members won't use that, and they'll scream at me if I suggest it. And for devices that don't require a sign-on, it is completely useless.

I know this isn't Vudu's fault, but I am so very angry.

I've been driving my family to use this. I feel betrayed.
    Try linking the Vudu to an independent UV account, then merge that account into the sub-account please, I really want to know if this workaround works because I have two family members I'd like to share my UV titles with and Vudu works much better than Flixster or Cinemanow.

Leave a comment:

• nyunole
    replied

Y'all are right. I am furious. I unlinked one of my "grandfathered" family members. Attempting to relink produced the now familiar nonsense error from Uv.

I can't believe I bought into this cluge system, only for this to happen.

The temporary link solution is worthless. My family members won't use that, and they'll scream at me if I suggest it. And for devices that don't require a sign-on, it is completely useless.

I know this isn't Vudu's fault, but I am so very angry.

I've been driving my family to use this. I feel betrayed.

Leave a comment:

• nyunole
    replied

Well then I'm done purchasing UV copies until this gets sorted out.

Sharing among my family is a primary reason I've been an advocate for UV. I'm not screwing around with rationing account links.

Sigh. I figured in its second year, this ecosystem would get better, not worse.

Leave a comment:

• Blurayfan
    replied

Originally posted by nyunole View Post
    This is the second thread about this in recent weeks, and it confuses the heck out of me.

Our "family" includes 5 UV accounts. Each has a link to its own unique Vudu account. In other words, no individual Vudu account (username/password) is shared by anyone.

Some of the UV accounts have links to other services (e.g., Flixster). My account has links to every service I'm aware of (Vudu, Flixster, Paramount, M-Go, Sony, CinemaNow). Everything seems to work fine.

Vudu has, for some time, had a policy of limiting 2-Vudu accounts to 1 UV account. I haven't cared about this because (1) I haven't needed more than 1 Vudu account (yet dang device limit), and (2) each family member has their own Vudu accounts with their own names/passwords.

Is something new going on? Or is this just something old (the 2 Vudu -> 1 UV account limit) that's new again?

Maybe I'll test this later with a 6th account (and 6th Vudu account). But if I'm grandfathered in to something, I don't want to blow it. Setting this up was hassle enough...I'm not walking my mother through the linking/unlinking of services.
    UV has changed a policy limiting how many permanent links a UV Household can have from each provider to two. Accounts that already had more are grandfathered unless you unlink a member, then the member can't relink.

Leave a comment:

• nyunole
    replied

This is the second thread about this in recent weeks, and it confuses the heck out of me.

Our "family" includes 5 UV accounts. Each has a link to its own unique Vudu account. In other words, no individual Vudu account (username/password) is shared by anyone.

Some of the UV accounts have links to other services (e.g., Flixster). My account has links to every service I'm aware of (Vudu, Flixster, Paramount, M-Go, Sony, CinemaNow). Everything seems to work fine.

Vudu has, for some time, had a policy of limiting 2-Vudu accounts to 1 UV account. I haven't cared about this because (1) I haven't needed more than 1 Vudu account (yet dang device limit), and (2) each family member has their own Vudu accounts with their own names/passwords.

Is something new going on? Or is this just something old (the 2 Vudu -> 1 UV account limit) that's new again?

Maybe I'll test this later with a 6th account (and 6th Vudu account). But if I'm grandfathered in to something, I don't want to blow it. Setting this up was hassle enough...I'm not walking my mother through the linking/unlinking of services.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X