Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

We have about 1282 (give or take a couple). It's hard to keep up with the exact number because of those bundles. Our television content is what we're working on now. We have 30 or so on Vudu and a few on Amazon.

We had a wish list of about 300 titles that I recently cleaned up. I decided to delete out all the MGM and Disney titles since they will probably never be available as either an UV title or disc-to-digital. I think we have about 80 in our wish list now.

My guess is that, unless disc-to-digital for older titles picks up, we will only add about 25 to 35 more movies this year and a few more television shows.

Comment

I agree that if you got the plastic discs lying around it make sense to add it to your Vudu library no matter the title.

As for Disney, I am still holding out hope. I do have the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Finding Nemo, and a few select others that if it came right down to it I would probably end up buying outright to get into the streaming library.

My thought is that if they don't blink by the end of `14, then the stalemate is probably going to persist and I would need to get on with my business just accepting it as status quo. However, I think there is a better then even chance that they will cave and become DECE members before q4 this year.

Comment

I have 1799 HDX movies!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
          I agree that if you got the plastic discs lying around it make sense to add it to your Vudu library no matter the title.

As for Disney, I am still holding out hope. I do have the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Finding Nemo, and a few select others that if it came right down to it I would probably end up buying outright to get into the streaming library.

My thought is that if they don't blink by the end of `14, then the stalemate is probably going to persist and I would need to get on with my business just accepting it as status quo. However, I think there is a better then even chance that they will cave and become DECE members before q4 this year.
          ...from your keyboard to Bob Iger's subconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
            I wouldn't hold your breadth of a change of heart in '14 for Disney, as Disney just launched their new service. There's bound to be some substantial investment associated with that, so I imagine they won't give-up on it fast unless it was a miserable failure.

Comment

Originally posted by olarmy96 View Post
              I wouldn't hold your breadth of a change of heart in '14 for Disney, as Disney just launched their new service. There's bound to be some substantial investment associated with that, so I imagine they won't give-up on it fast unless it was a miserable failure.
              Using keychest/DMA does not exclude them from DECE API integration. It would just take a business decision. The technology is easily accomplished to run DECE API calls out of the DMA front end.

If it becomes evident, as I believe it will in the next several months, that DECE will be a long term source market, it makes practical business sense to join in order to have unfettered access to the consumer base.

The "wait-and-see" era will soon be over. At least, that is my belief.

I still think "Maleficent" will be Disney's first UV title come the in-home media release later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
                Disney will not be joining UV anytime soon, period. They have set up DisneyMoviesAnywhere which functions analogous to UV, they just need more participating providers, which is in the works. Vudu is a participating provider in their digitalcopyplus redemption site and is probably on the top of their list.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                  Disney will not be joining UV anytime soon, period. They have set up DisneyMoviesAnywhere which functions analogous to UV, they just need more participating providers, which is in the works. Vudu is a participating provider in their digitalcopyplus redemption site and is probably on the top of their list.
                  You state well conventional wisdom. I understand this is the prevailing view from interpreting the company's recent actions.

Regardless, I still find no technical reason the company could not join DECE and distribute digital content through the UV rights locker in conjunction. Further, as the last remaining Hollywood studio who has not joined DECE, an emerging market of UltraViolet consumers passing them by, and a growing list of brick and mortar retailers operating UV enabled OTT iVoD services, the pressure is mounting.

All this in consideration, I respectfully feel I am right in going against conventional wisdom in this case. There is good reason to believe as you do. Time will tell which was right.

I would like to close with a one word thought.

"Malificent"!!!

Comment

I have 706 movies, while I have 26 TV seasons total.

Anyone else think that the alphabetizing should be upgraded soon as well? I like them alphabetized, but some of the movie series (Fast & furious), would not be in the correct order. The Fast and the Furious would be near the end, whilst Fast & Furious would be near the beginning.

Instead, can VUDU programmers do something like Amazon does with kindle books with their Collections. For Example: Star Wars series
                    1. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
                    2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
                    3. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
                    4. Star Wars: A New Hope
                    5. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
                    6. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

These would be in the correct order and stay next to each other, however, if alphabetized.......A New hope would be first, followed by Return of the Jedi and so forth. What "Collections" does is allow a person to left-click and hold, then drag to where you want it placed. Making the above listing possible every single time. People like me want to keep like movies in their original release years, not just be alphabetized.

Comment

Originally posted by obitwan7 View Post
                      Anyone else think that the alphabetizing should be upgraded soon as well? I like them alphabetized, but some of the movie series (Fast & furious), would not be in the correct order. The Fast and the Furious would be near the end, whilst Fast & Furious would be near the beginning.
                      We have been asking for a way for us to arrange our movies into "collections" (Vudu calls them bundles) under a new tab. Something that would give us full control over the arranging and sequencing of movies. We should be able to create a bundle/collection and give it any name we want (i.e. Jurassic Park) and then place any movies and/or television shows in it we want, and sequence them inside the bundle/collection in any order we want.

We have thought about this quite a bit over the past couple of years and feel that this would GREATLY enhance Vudu's interface and the consumers experience. No other retailer has anything this comprehensive and this would really set Vudu apart. M-Go has something similar called cards, but it doesn't really work for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudymedina1 View Post
                        Hey everyone, just started my UV craze about a month ago. Started redeeming all my older UV codes.

I now stand at 119 UV movies.

I still buy the physical versions, mainly Blu-ray now. The combined Blu-ray/ DVD collection stands at about 1430.

I'm pretty much adding every week to UV and using the D2D at home service to upgrade my DVDs to HDX.

I hope Disney joins up at some point. I would love to have their Touchstone movies available as well as the Marvel movies.
                        The only marvel ones i can think of that dont work are the avengers, captain americas and the iron mans. All the others have worked for me

Comment

Edit: Replied to wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by edmaul69 View Post
                            The only marvel ones i can think of that dont work are the avengers, captain americas and the iron mans. All the others have worked for me
                            Those are part of the so-called "Marvel Cinematic Universe", which is now controlled by Disney (even though many of the titles were originally released by Paramount); Thor is also part of that group. You're probably thinking of Marvel movies controlled by Fox (X-Men, Fantastic Four) or Sony (Spider-Man), or Marvel animation released by various non-Disney studios, or The Incredible Hulk (2008, still owned by Universal even though it's an MCU film & the Hulk appeared in The Avengers); those are generally D2D-eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                              Vudu is a participating provider in their digitalcopyplus redemption site and is probably on the top of their list.
                              I do find it interesting they have release so few titles thru the new system.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                                You state well conventional wisdom. I understand this is the prevailing view from interpreting the company's recent actions.

Regardless, I still find no technical reason the company could not join DECE and distribute digital content through the UV rights locker in conjunction. Further, as the last remaining Hollywood studio who has not joined DECE, an emerging market of UltraViolet consumers passing them by, and a growing list of brick and mortar retailers operating UV enabled OTT iVoD services, the pressure is mounting.

All this in consideration, I respectfully feel I am right in going against conventional wisdom in this case. There is good reason to believe as you do. Time will tell which was right.

I would like to close with a one word thought.

"Malificent"!!!

No one has given much of a technical reason why Disney couldn't join UV, but it's clear Bob Iger doesn't want to join UV; it seems he's happy with DMA. And it'll be simpler for Disney to add other providers to DMA (and yes, Vudu would be near the top of their list) than switch to UV.

I'm sure whichever service is first to join both UV & DMA -- especially if it's Vudu -- will move right up there with iTunes among the top EST sites. Beyond that, the biggest issues will be (a) CFF for DMA titles from dual UV/DMA vendors, (b) DMA app for Android, and (c) HD playback on tablets (at present only Flixster & Nook Video can do that with UV titles on Androids, and both have massive availability gaps compared to Vudu).
                                Last edited by RBBrittain; 06-30-2014, 12:00 AM. Reason: Clarify

Comment

Working...
                                X