Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Now on 16peezees!

And more fun ahead....

Comment

Originally posted by obitwan7 View Post
      I have 706 movies, while I have 26 TV seasons total.

Anyone else think that the alphabetizing should be upgraded soon as well? I like them alphabetized, but some of the movie series (Fast & furious), would not be in the correct order. The Fast and the Furious would be near the end, whilst Fast & Furious would be near the beginning.

Instead, can VUDU programmers do something like Amazon does with kindle books with their Collections. For Example: Star Wars series
      1. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
      2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
      3. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
      4. Star Wars: A New Hope
      5. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
      6. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

These would be in the correct order and stay next to each other, however, if alphabetized.......A New hope would be first, followed by Return of the Jedi and so forth. What "Collections" does is allow a person to left-click and hold, then drag to where you want it placed. Making the above listing possible every single time. People like me want to keep like movies in their original release years, not just be alphabetized.
      I second this. I'd also like the option to search by alphabet. I've got 216 movies right now and it's already a bit of a pain to look through everything to find the one movie I want. The higher that number gets the more annoying this is going to be. If I want to watch Legion, I'd like to select L from the menu so I can be taken pretty close. I don't like starting in the numbers and scrolling until I find it. I only use Vudu on PS4 btw, I have no idea if other versions already have this.

Comment

I feel like it's amateur hour in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by moviebuff13 View Post
          I feel like it's amateur hour in this thread.

Wow, I would love to see a list of everything you have. I have a little under 1400 movies, and I really feel like there isn't that much more I even want. Maybe 500-1000 more total.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
            Wow, I would love to see a list of everything you have. I have a little under 1400 movies, and I really feel like there isn't that much more I even want. Maybe 500-1000 more total.
            Only 500-1000 more? Is that all

I am now at 2581. I have about 15 in my store queue if my walmart can ever get their computer working again. I also have 1 lonely movie in my Vudu2go queue (Gosford Park. I have some movies coming from Swapa so I may make 10 again before September). I also have a bunch of the After Dark Horror Fest movies that won't read anywhere that my mom wants on there. I'm hoping those get fixed eventually so I don't have to take them in store and pay full price to convert.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
              That would take forever haha. The wife and I spent an entire week converting our old DVD collection and also had a few trips to walmart to get the stuff that the program didn't recognize converted. The good part of is now that we have everything on UV, we've been able to clean out boxes of DVDs by giving them out to friends. Now my wife has her storage space for her own crap.

Comment

Made it to 4800 today.

Comment

My collection is tiny compared to most of you. I'm just under 400 right now. Maybe i need to do more research but I don't understand why so many of the titles that I own will not convert D2D when i see others here that have them in their collection. I own approximately 150 titles that i have tried several times to work and they will not.

Question for the more experienced users here...

Do you upload your movies strictly using D2D or do you take physical titles into your local Wal-Mart and do it that way?

I have yet to try taking movies in-store to add them to my account. Is there a difference? Can taking them into the store give me a better chance of them working?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyJames View Post
                    My collection is tiny compared to most of you. I'm just under 400 right now. Maybe i need to do more research but I don't understand why so many of the titles that I own will not convert D2D when i see others here that have them in their collection. I own approximately 150 titles that i have tried several times to work and they will not.

Question for the more experienced users here...

Do you upload your movies strictly using D2D or do you take physical titles into your local Wal-Mart and do it that way?

I have yet to try taking movies in-store to add them to my account. Is there a difference? Can taking them into the store give me a better chance of them working?

Thanks!
                    the bulk of my library was added via D2D in-store. I did so over an 18 month period with between 2-10 titles per transaction. I always elected the 1080p and only paid cash. The cost in total was pretty steep, but spread out over that duration, it was hardly noticable. Since I cut the cord to cable / satellite, there was/is extra money in the monthly budget for these types of purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                      the bulk of my library was added via D2D in-store. I did so over an 18 month period with between 2-10 titles per transaction. I always elected the 1080p and only paid cash. The cost in total was pretty steep, but spread out over that duration, it was hardly noticable. Since I cut the cord to cable / satellite, there was/is extra money in the monthly budget for these types of purchases.
                      I'm up in the 830 or so title range now and did the majority of my titles via D2D in-store. I would have done more at home but when I started that wasn't an option and then once it was an option I still hit a lot of titles where that wasn't working for me for some reason or another (wrong version selected, or something similar).

As you noted, if I think about the total cost, well, I don't want to think about that. But taken a little bit at a time it wasn't too bad.

I've been disappointed lately because over the last month or so there just haven't been any additional releases that I might go back and snag. I'd love to see another couple of batches of titles released soon!

Comment

Originally posted by terpfan1980 View Post
                        I'm up in the 830 or so title range now and did the majority of my titles via D2D in-store. I would have done more at home but when I started that wasn't an option and then once it was an option I still hit a lot of titles where that wasn't working for me for some reason or another (wrong version selected, or something similar).

As you noted, if I think about the total cost, well, I don't want to think about that. But taken a little bit at a time it wasn't too bad.

I've been disappointed lately because over the last month or so there just haven't been any additional releases that I might go back and snag. I'd love to see another couple of batches of titles released soon!
                        It's been much longer than a month since we've seen any amount of older titles, and not many worth having. I don't understand why we don't yet have movies like Mrs. Doubtfire, Romancing the Stone, Explorers, Escape From New York, Extreme Prejudice, From Dusk Till Dawn, After Dusk They Come, Mirror Mirror, Rambo: First Blood 2, Despicable Me, The Running Man, Scream 2, and Scream 3 available for disc-to-digital (among many others).

It sucks not to be able to have our entire movie library in the cloud. We started on this UV journey hopping to have most of our DVDs in our UV locker by the end of this year. We're not even close, and it's not Disney and MGM who are at fault because there are MANY movies from other studios that are either NOT available on Vudu or movies that the studios will not allow us to convert. So we are stuck with about 60% in the cloud and the other 40% we have to go search for them on DVD. This becomes a real pain for our entire family when we waste time looking for a movie that we 'think' is in the cloud and then we realize that no, Mrs. Doubtfire isn't there and we have to go pull out the good 'ol trusty DVD to watch it.

It really seems that things have slowed down over the past 2 or 3 months and that is a little scary for families like us who have invested a lot of money (and time) in this. I wish Vudu would publish some kind of monthly or quarterly statement telling their customers what is new and what they are actively working on. Surely they are being more productive than deleting posts and locking threads here on this forum. I just think customers have a right to hear from them. Are they working with any studios to bring us more older titles? Are they working on enabling more D2D titles? Are they enhancing their website and apps to provide viewers with more functionality? Do they care about us?

Comment

> 500.

I Rock!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

vudu shows I have 976 movies and 105 tv shows. Of course that doesn't include the 5 pack movies that are on there like the wb 5 comedy hits collections that appear and count as only one entry.

Comment

i must have horrible movies

i have only been able to d2d a small portion of my movies, maybe 25%.

usually they are either not dvd2 eligible (terminator, robocop), or have errors recognizing the discs (battle for the planet of the apes, moscow on the hudson, jurassic park, etc), or the program just have other errors reading the disc.

they say they look into the ones not recognize but my first one not recognized was like 8 months ago or longer so its hard to beleive after this time they are still trying to figure out what disc it is. i periodically check all my dvd's i really really want to put in.

Comment

With the re-release of the old PBS Sherlock Holmes titles in HDX at a reasonable price, I finally made it to 5000+ a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X