Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walmart/VUDU Lone Ranger Pre-order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart/VUDU Lone Ranger Pre-order

Well done Walmart you shafted me yet again.
    Still no sign of a shipping notice and this title releases in 2 hours.
    To add further insult to your garbage pre-order service Disney has released an $8 coupon.
    So I could have walked into Toys R Us tomorrow and walked out with this title for $12.
    Never again!

Re: Walmart/VUDU Lone Ranger Pre-order

I too have yet to receive my shipping notification. Normally, I have received my preorders on the Monday or even Saturday before release. Not this time.

I am also mad right now because I called the customer service line to ask about my shipping status. I received a recording saying there was higher than normal call volume, all agents were busy and I may have a longer than average wait time. As soon as that is done being said, I hold for 1 minute and then I am told that their office has been closed for 2 hours already. Maybe it's just me, but it is hard for all your agents to be busy if you are already closed for the day. Just tell me that off the bat instead of getting my hopes up that I might be able to find out about the product I purchased from you back in July.

Comment

I just got off the phone with customer service. They realize it is late, but said all the orders are in production and should ship today or tomorrow. Even so, this is not what I prepaid for. I prepaid for this in July as a Christmas present. Now, depending on when they ACTUALLY get it shipped, it may not even be here.

Comment

Not so thrilled here either. I saw a message go by in my FB stream noting that I could get an $8.00 coupon to use on Lone Ranger. Too bad I'd already pre-ordered it Higher price for a longer wait. Not what I wanted there Wally World/Vudu

Comment

Just got off the phone with customer service at 1-855-258-9399.
          As expected neither Lone Ranger or Elysium have shipped and was also told they don't know when either will ship.

Glad to know I paid $30 plus tax for Lone Ranger with a promised delivery on release date when I could purchase it today for $12 with the Disney $8 coupon.

The nice lady at the customer service pointed out they are just the shipping company. Don't rip into her, I didn't, because she is just stuck dealing with the incompetence of others. She said they have no inventory to ship.

It is genuinely comical to think the largest retailer in the world can't get inventory for products they collected the money for MONTHS ago.

On another note, the Disney Movie Rewards site is offering double points if you enter The Lone Ranger until 23rd.
          So thanks for screwing me out of that as well Walmart/VUDU. You guys are on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by nugent View Post
            Just got off the phone with customer service at 1-855-258-9399.
            As expected neither Lone Ranger or Elysium have shipped and was also told they don't know when either will ship.
            Funny how we're told 2 different things. I hope mine was right and they are shipping out of Texas today or tomorrow.

Sounds like VUDU once again doesn't know what is going on. I know they are just a shipping company, but this seems to be bordering on false advertising.

Comment

On another note, the Disney Movie Rewards site is offering double points if you enter The Lone Ranger until 23rd.
              So thanks for screwing me out of that as well Walmart/VUDU. You guys are on a roll!
              AAAAAAAAAaaaaarrrrrrgh!

That really makes me, well, and

I'm doing my best to collect those points and missing out on an opportunity to score double points is insult thrown on top of injury. I see a trip to the store in my immediate future since I don't want to miss out on those points.

Comment

I called customer service again this afternoon just to see, and I was told mine has shipped via UPS and was given a tracking number. Still no email though. Maybe I will get it in before double points expire. Hope you guys do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by willunger View Post
                  Funny how we're told 2 different things. I hope mine was right and they are shipping out of Texas today or tomorrow.

Sounds like VUDU once again doesn't know what is going on. I know they are just a shipping company, but this seems to be bordering on false advertising.
                  Actually it's VUDU aka Walmart that engaged in the false advertising by stating on the pre-order form that the pre-orders would be delivered on release date.

The person you talked to in Texas is just Anderson which is the company that fulfills these pre-orders.
                  They can't ship what Walmart doesn't get to them.

I also noticed that Walmart was selling this in store today for $21.96 and that was before the $8 coupon.

Paying $30 at Walmart months ago and not having them deliver this when they claimed should make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy at the Walmart/VUDU pre-order business model.

They should put a banner over the in store pre-order section. "Pay More Now, Get it Well After Release Date!"

Comment

They are sending mine Next Day Air UPS, it looks like they are trying to make this right.

Comment

Sure enough, I have my tracking email and it is supposed to be delivered to my house by 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Comment

Actually it's VUDU aka Walmart that engaged in the false advertising by stating on the pre-order form that the pre-orders would be delivered on release date.

The person you talked to in Texas is just Anderson which is the company that fulfills these pre-orders.
                        They can't ship what Walmart doesn't get to them.

I also noticed that Walmart was selling this in store today for $21.96 and that was before the $8 coupon.

Paying $30 at Walmart months ago and not having them deliver this when they claimed should make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy at the Walmart/VUDU pre-order business model.

They should put a banner over the in store pre-order section. "Pay More Now, Get it Well After Release Date!"
                        The part that bugs me now is that I'm sure that at some point in the future there'll be one of those class action notices that I'll miss that will have offered me the opportunity to get a coupon that would have been worth about $10 to make up for the supposed false advertising that W*mart will never admit to but settles out of court just to get past. You know, one of those deals where the lawyers get a boatload of cash and the customers that were shafted get shafted again

Comment

Got mine today. Bad news: It's a day late (not a huge deal compared to previous lateness). Good news: It comes with an digital copy code again! Not the stupid "your copy is in your locker" sticker.

Comment

Working...
                          X