Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Fox dropping Ultraviolet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox dropping Ultraviolet?

I just saw the blu ray cover art for Brick Mansions. The banner at the top said blu ray+digital HD, but was lacking the UV symbol next to the digital HD text. What does this mean? It is a fox release.

Re: Fox dropping Ultraviolet?

I doubt it. Paramount frequently uses the same generic "Digital HD" heading.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinva View Post
      I doubt it. Paramount frequently uses the same generic "Digital HD" heading.
      Rio 2 has the same heading, but it's all but confirmed to be UV + iTunes. Fox has been dropping iTunes support on many lesser titles lately; I seriously doubt they're abandoning UV.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
        Rio 2 has the same heading, but it's all but confirmed to be UV + iTunes. Fox has been dropping iTunes support on many lesser titles lately; I seriously doubt they're abandoning UV.
        Rio 2 isn't all but confirmed, it's confirmed I got it with some credit at another site and it ported over as UV on all sites.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
          Rio 2 isn't all but confirmed, it's confirmed I got it with some credit at another site and it ported over as UV on all sites.
          I added "all but" because I couldn't actually confirm it yet like you did.

Comment

I bought the Rio 2 Blu-Ray @ Target. It's UV... ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by tkdkid717 View Post
              I just saw the blu ray cover art for Brick Mansions. The banner at the top said blu ray+digital HD, but was lacking the UV symbol next to the digital HD text. What does this mean? It is a fox release.
              I've noticed a couple of things. Not all packages seem to use the UV symbol. Sometimes you have to look on the back and see the UV symbol or "ultraviolet" text to confirm it's UV.

A few titles from various companies have co-opted the term "DigitalHD" despite NOT being UV, and only offering iTunes digital copies. I find that to be borderline trademark infringement and deceptive marketing. They seems to make the top line of their cases look very similar in format to those that are UV, but don't expressly say like "iTunes only." I kinda' think the UV folks should sue them for, I dunno, something. Sowing confusion in the marketplace. I don't know if DigitalHD is trademarked or anything... So, maybe there's no ground for a suit. I just find it distasteful to see "DigitalHD" nd then look on he back nad see no reference to UV. At which point I put it back, move on to something else and vote with my $$...

So, it's a good idea to check the back cover to make sure it specifically says it's UV compatible...

Comment

The Digital Entertainment Group persuaded all the studios, including Disney to use the term Digital HD in place of Digital Copy, in order to present a unified branding to consumers. But I think it does just the opposite, and causes confusion, as it causes people to wonder why Disney and non-UV movies aren't able to be shared between UV accounts.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/digi...ology-film-tv/

Comment

Or disney could stop being greedy and join UV. They aree being unfair to the consumer, and hindering the growth of a format.

Comment

Originally posted by tkdkid717 View Post
                    Or disney could stop being greedy and join UV. They aree being unfair to the consumer, and hindering the growth of a format.
                    Unfair? Please stop now. UV is not their format so they don't have an obligation to support it. At least they allow redemption on Vudu and other services for all or almost all of their recent digital copy codes.

Edit: Look, we all would love if Disney joined UV, but its not likely to happen soon. It's a business decision for them, but at least they are giving Vudu as a redemption option, and maybe in the near future Vudu will be part of Disney Movies Anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                      Unfair? Please stop now. UV is not their format so they don't have an obligation to support it. At least they allow redemption on Vudu and other services for all or almost all of their recent digital copy codes.

Edit: Look, we all would love if Disney joined UV, but its not likely to happen soon. It's a business decision for them, but at least they are giving Vudu as a redemption option, and maybe in the near future Vudu will be part of Disney Movies Anywhere.
                      MGM would be great too. Pretty sure like about 70% of my remaining blu-ray collection is MGM-based.

Comment

Originally posted by Donborvio View Post
                        MGM would be great too. Pretty sure like about 70% of my remaining blu-ray collection is MGM-based.
                        If MGM does anything it will be what they did a couple of months back when they released a group of Walmart exclusive titles for about 12 or so movies. The movies came with a code valid on Vudu only. I was a sucker and I purchased several of them. In hindsight this was stupid of me because I already owned several of the movies and since they are not UV then Vudu can remove them from my account at some in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                          If MGM does anything it will be what they did a couple of months back when they released a group of Walmart exclusive titles for about 12 or so movies. The movies came with a code valid on Vudu only. I was a sucker and I purchased several of them. In hindsight this was stupid of me because I already owned several of the movies and since they are not UV then Vudu can remove them from my account at some in the future.
                          I did the same but only for "Terminator" which I already owned. I wanted to complete the series and I can give my other copy to a friend or family member.

Comment

I have a feeling that MGM is about to go all-in with UV. Between the temporary changes of the Man With No Name Trilogy and Robocop to UV status, as well as Hot Tub Time Machine still having it, I think that it is only a matter of time. The Walmart Vudu codes may have been some sort of test to gauge consumer interest.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                              I don't think your a sucker. I bought a few and sold my old Blu Rays. They were so cheap it probably only cost slightly more if any than D2D would be if they ever go UV and D2D and actually work with the program. Space Balls was $8 at walmart. I sold my old copy for around $4. Sure, I could see it as a loss of $2 assuming it ever goes d2d but having one of my favorite movies on Vudu was worth it to me. Now, I wouldn't keep doing it if that's they way they went forward. There's only so many movies I'd be willing to take a little bit of a loss for.

Plus, so far Vudu is the only place to get UV auto added out of all the major services so it's not like a non UV movie at the other places where you are out of luck if the movie goes UV.

Comment

Working...
                              X