Thread: Failed to fetch

Default Failed to fetch

I have a new Magnavox Blue Ray Player and at the first time we browsed movies it worked fine (haven't watched a movie yet). Then we try to get back on it and there was a "network error". Since I had to wait to get approved for this forum I couldn't post anything. Today it started out with the network error thing and i had to configure everything....again.....find the wireless connection and all that. It finally got past the network error thing but now it takes forever to load the apps then went i try to go to VUDU movies it says "failed to fetch"

Detail: Error when downloading bundle

More info: Hardware id: G2NSD00100E0A901E1FD
    Device id: 0x8d0fad
    Software version: 3.0.0 - 59423 - PnsMn10300

I also tried to do an update on the software and it kept getting "interrupted". Do I have more than one problem or is all this tied in together?

Default Re: Failed to fetch

This could be many different things. Distance from the router, or maybe a firewall issue. Who is your ISP, make and model of your modem and router?
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

The router is a cisco linksys WRT110.....ISP? Sorry but i'm not sure what that is. We have our service thru Time Warner Cable....is that what you're asking?

Also, the distance from the router is only about 25 feet. Our laptop works fine with the router.....shows a good connection but when i check it on the blue ray the signal seems kinda weak (2 bars if that helps). I know this router isn't listed on your website as a preference to use......idk, maybe a new router?

I'm thinking you may not have gotten my last post. Our router is a Cisco Linksys WRT110 and our service is thru Time Warner Cable. I've heard Linksys isn't a great router.

Lets try and setup DMZ, i'll walk you through the steps in a Private message, please check your inbox.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Thread Information