Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Problem with VuDu and PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with VuDu and PS3

Originally posted by XrisP View Post
    This is also similar to my problem. I'm an AT&T U-Verse subscriber in the SF Bay Area. I've used Vudu several times in the past. I usually get close to 6 Mbps downstream which has allowed me to watch HD movies with no problems.

Something happened yesterday. My PS3 requested an upgrade to v3.60. Then, everything unraveled from there. Last night, I was having intermittent problems starting Vudu. When it started, I ran the network speed test and only got 1.5 Mbps. All my other devices run at close to 6 Mbps, even on WiFi.

My PS3 is connected directly into the U-Verse/2Wire Residential Gateway (not via WiFi). I opened ports 8100-8199/TCPIP.

And, tonight, I keep getting:

Error when downloading bundle
    More Info: Hardware id: SPS3DEV ...
    Device id: ...
    Software version: 3.0.0-68971-Ps3-71893

Someone's got a problem. Not sure if it's Sony, AT&T or Vudu. But it ain't working well lately.

I guess I'm left with Netflix or U-Verse On-Demand tonight.
    Could you run a trace route to vault.cx.vudu.com? Send the results and your email address you used to create your vudu account in a PM

Comment

Just like everyone else I have a Belkin router, when I first downloaded the Vudu software it worked flawlessly, after the update it quit working. So for the past couple of weeks I have tried multiple times to get it to work but to no avail.
      After reading all the posts here, the answer is simple and the fix is quick.
      Go to your router settings via the router home page, usuallly
      http://192.168.2.1
      click on Firewall Settings
      type in your password (would hope ya all have one)
      Just DISABLE the FIREWALL. it clearly states that the firewall blocks DoS attacks or what it thinks is an attack, which as an administrator pointed out for some reason the router is detecting the program as a threat.

I just did this and the program booted without a hitch.

Comment

Thanks kevin55napa, I've been wrestling with this problem for months and you just solved it. It is such a simple, obvious solution that I am now suffering prolonged face-palm. Why hasn't tech support on this forum suggested this earlier? Whatever, you the man! I'd upvote you but that's not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin55napa View Post
          Just like everyone else I have a Belkin router, when I first downloaded the Vudu software it worked flawlessly, after the update it quit working. So for the past couple of weeks I have tried multiple times to get it to work but to no avail.
          After reading all the posts here, the answer is simple and the fix is quick.
          Go to your router settings via the router home page, usuallly
          http://192.168.2.1
          click on Firewall Settings
          type in your password (would hope ya all have one)
          Just DISABLE the FIREWALL. it clearly states that the firewall blocks DoS attacks or what it thinks is an attack, which as an administrator pointed out for some reason the router is detecting the program as a threat.

I just did this and the program booted without a hitch.
          I would like to report my experience this work around on a Dnynex (POS) G router, even though the router's firewall is disable the vudu app still sporadically will not work. I have to retry 2 to 3 times reconnect for the ps3 client to connect to vudu servers to login.

Comment

Originally posted by DogStar1 View Post
            Thanks kevin55napa, I've been wrestling with this problem for months and you just solved it. It is such a simple, obvious solution that I am now suffering prolonged face-palm. Why hasn't tech support on this forum suggested this earlier? Whatever, you the man! I'd upvote you but that's not an option.
            Actually, I think a couple of VUDU employees have suggested this on this thread already Sorry if we weren't clear... and thanks to Kevin for the detailed instructions!

And just to update - we have tracked down what was causing the Belkin to incorrectly treat the VUDU network traffic as DoS on the PS3, and were able to come up with a workaround. This will be in an upcoming PS3 patch (no exact date yet, but likely within the next few weeks).

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              Actually, I think a couple of VUDU employees have suggested this on this thread already Sorry if we weren't clear... and thanks to Kevin for the detailed instructions!

And just to update - we have tracked down what was causing the Belkin to incorrectly treat the VUDU network traffic as DoS on the PS3, and were able to come up with a workaround. This will be in an upcoming PS3 patch (no exact date yet, but likely within the next few weeks).
              yay finally good news

Will this fix also work for people on Dynex g routers? The app is doing the same thing for the people on belkin routers.

Is it safe for people to disable the firewalls for the people affected by this problem while using the vudu app on the ps3?

Comment

Originally posted by techieq View Post
                yay finally good news

Will this fix also work for people on Dynex g routers? The app is doing the same thing for the people on belkin routers.

Is it safe for people to disable the firewalls for the people affected by this problem while using the vudu app on the ps3?
                I can't say for sure... if the problem was exactly the same (does the router report DoS attempts in a log like the Belkin?) it's a good bet. What's the exact model number of the router? If our QA can get ahold of one (no guarantees there depending on availability) they can try it.

As far as the firewall - it should be safe for the PS3/Vudu app, but I'm not going to state that it's safe for a Windows PC also connected to it

Comment

I can't say for sure... if the problem was exactly the same (does the router report DoS attempts in a log like the Belkin?) it's a good bet. What's the exact model number of the router? If our QA can get ahold of one (no guarantees there depending on availability) they can try it.
                  yes it is reporting the vudu app as DoS attack as I looked at the logs of the firewall on this dynex router it has the same problem as the belkin routers are having.

Here is the model make of the dynex router.

Dynex wireless g router

Model No: DX-WGRTR v1000

Comment

Originally posted by techieq View Post
                    yes it is reporting the vudu app as DoS attack as I looked at the logs of the firewall on this dynex router it has the same problem as the belkin routers are having.

Here is the model make of the dynex router.

Dynex wireless g router

Model No: DX-WGRTR v1000
                    It looks like that router is actually made by Belkin as well, so hopefully it will fix the problem when we publish the update!

http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/...t/detail/p/391

Comment

PS3 has just released a new software upgrade that includes the fix for this Belkin router issue.

Comment

Thank you for the update....now back to the movies

Comment

I would like to report that all connective problems on my Dynex router have been fixed with this patch thanks Vudu team.

Comment

I am having problems with my vudu account also on ps3. I have rented the adjustment bureau twice now on basic "SD". Yet I am becoming frustrated because every 2 minutes it stops to "buffer" then tells me that I need to try again later due to network issues. I had rented a movie when I first got the account and had no issues. Is there anything you can tell me to help with this?

Comment

Originally posted by mgs220 View Post
                              I am having problems with my vudu account also on ps3. I have rented the adjustment bureau twice now on basic "SD". Yet I am becoming frustrated because every 2 minutes it stops to "buffer" then tells me that I need to try again later due to network issues. I had rented a movie when I first got the account and had no issues. Is there anything you can tell me to help with this?
                              Please make sure you have latest software to try VUDU again. We had fixed the issue with Belkin router.

If you already have the latest software, please tell us your network set up such as router, modem ...

Thanks,
                              LLN

Comment

Originally posted by mgs220 View Post
                                There may be a few adjustments we can make to your network to help with buffering. What type of connection are you paying for from your ISP? Please send me a PM with your email address and i'll be happy to credit you back for the rentals.

Comment

Working...
                                X