Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Recent releases available on Vudu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recent releases available on Vudu

28 Weeks is the one movie that was released. Why it's not rentable, I don't know. I did check this morning and the movie was available as Gil said it would be but it was purchase only.

And as far as the answers to your questions - I'm not privy to the deals Vudu makes with studios or why the studios put the restrictions on that they do. If we knew and could tell you - we would. I'd like to know as well.
    Last edited by NA9D; 10-10-2007, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbustin View Post
      The question is legitimate ... it's not clear why a featured movie like 28 weeks isn't on the new release list ...
      Dare I say it could be a bug?

-- Greg

Comment

Originally posted by mbustin View Post
        it's not clear why a featured movie like 28 weeks isn't on the new release list ...
        After thinking about this overnight, I realized you are talking about the new releases section on the Vudu. I didn't get it from Ken's post originally either for some reason even though he specifically said so...My bad.

As Greg said, that would likely be a bug.

I'll go ahead and verify this and then report it.

Comment

I can tell you that the New Release section is authored by VUDU staff. I will send a message to that team that our customers are watching this area closely and want this updated.

When it comes to what is available to purchase verse what is available to rent verse not on the box at all, this is at the discretion of the studios. As a rule of thumb movies will be available for purchase first and available rental later. The studio decides how many weeks difference that is.

We hear your comments and we are working to improve our deals with the Studios. We are happy to get your feedback on this issue.

Comment

I'd be really interested to know if any customers actually want to buy movies on vudu. Most folks will want physical media for purchases (at least I would).

Comment

Originally posted by bqmeister View Post
              I'd be really interested to know if any customers actually want to buy movies on vudu. Most folks will want physical media for purchases (at least I would).
              Speaking for myself.

If the movie is something my kids really like, and it is reasonable, I'd buy it. This is because I know my kids, they would want to watch it over and over and over and over and .... you get the idea.

It's better to buy a movie and let them watch it as many times as they want.

Comparing the convenience of getting something that the kids want _now_ as opposed to waiting for that sale, not to speak of getting dressed, jump in the car, go find the movie...

Bah, my kids will drive me into the poor house!

Comment

I'd agree with Tin, the kids stuff is probably what I will buy the most of. My wife hates watching movies a second time and I generally don't either unless it's an old movie (why I am glad some are on the box) or unless it's a really good film like Lord of the Rings. The other week I watched Troy only to realize after about 10 minutes that I'd already seen it. Since I had rented it, I stayed with it and as it was a directors cut there was a few new scenes but at 3 hours and 15 minutes it made for a LONG night!

Comment

I will watch some movies repeatedly, but for me too, any vudu purchases will most likely be for my daughter. She has her own media cabinet, although most of the movies in it we bought as much for ourselves as for her, like Monsters Inc., Chicken Run, Shrek, etc., but she can choose something to watch from that cabinet. And like all kids, she'll want to watch stuff over and over and over and over and over...makes me wonder what the hell we'd do without DVRs.

Comment

Speaking for myself, and I do not yet have my box, I will most likely never purchase a video from Vudu--only rent. I have had AppleTV since it first came out and I have yet to buy a single video, and I do not plan to (with the possible exception of some old TV shows). I have been hoping that Apple was going to eventually add a rental option, but nothing so far. I do not "buy" the argument that convenience of purchase overrules the convenience of being able to watch a DVD on multiple sources.

orccro1

Comment

Hey, glad to see we have another AppleTV user here!

I have always said I wouldn't purchase much either. However, there probably are some kids or concert or iMAX videos I will eventually purchase simply because it's likely going to be harder to find them elsewhere.

I do think the Vudu would be a COMPELLING method of purchase if you could either get a physical DVD with your purchase or if the content could be downloaded to your computer or other device. W/o the portability, there's not a lot of reason to purchase most movies, IMHO.

Comment

Ok, yeah, agree with the kids' movies - if they're not available elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X