Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU on the Roku Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU on the Roku Player

Now that the Roku 2 has been announced and Roku is carried by Walmart (who owns Vudu) as of last month, hopefully Vudu will show up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by charri4251 View Post
      I would also love to have VUDU available on Roku.

Vudu, Netflix has presented you an awesome advantage with the recent rate increases. I'm shopping around and VUDU would be a perfect substitute IF I could get it on my Roku player - we have 5 players and don't like to tie up the PC's.

Please email me if you work something out with Roku...
      How is VUDU a "perfect' substitute for Netflix. Netflix streaming is mostly older content in an all you can eat buffet, while VUDU is a lot of new and older content on a pay as you go plan.

VUDU certainly complements Netflix but neither one could replace the other.

Comment

PLEASE add Vudu onn Roku. I own 4 Roku's and now on top of the price increase, netflix is limiting the number of devices you can watch on at one time. Another little surprise from the greed of netflix. YES, we NEED VUDU

Comment

Would really love to have access to VUDU on my Roku. I just bought my second Roku. It's a Series 2 and its really nice. I'll probably eventually have one on every TV in my house. Why would VuDu NOT try to get me as a customer?

Comment

Another hopeful request to see VUDU on the Roku Player!!!

Comment

I love my ROKU player, and I would also love to have the option of getting newer movies from VUDU streaming on it. Even though there is Amazon and Netflix, sometimes the newer movies are not offered and I heard that VUDU has newer movies streaming. I heard a rumor that VUDU and ROKU are in negotiations. Hope that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasingtime View Post
                PLEASE add Vudu onn Roku. I own 4 Roku's and now on top of the price increase, netflix is limiting the number of devices you can watch on at one time. Another little surprise from the greed of netflix. YES, we NEED VUDU
                Netflix has been limiting the devices for a while. Before depending on how many disc out plans you had, the devices were limited to the number of disc out plan you had.

Comment

Another Vote for Vudu via Roku. I use vudu through PS3 in the living room and just got a Roku for the bedroom. I want my Vudu...make it so.

Comment

Vudu on Roku PLEASE. New XS is sweet and fits nicely in the bedroom...just want Vudu for it now...pretty please.

Comment

I have an Apple TV, the new high end Roku box, Tivo, new Sony Bluray with internet channels which includes Vudu, and I can go on. Plenty of sources to access internet channels. By far, the Roku box is my preference for accessing internet channels, movies, etc, given it's robust content and simplicity. I have Netfix, Apple TV for movies, and Vudu. Vudu is by far my favorite for movies. But...I have to leave Roku and fire up the Sony Bluray to access Vudu. For simplicity, I go to netflix on the Roku. Vudu, you'd be getting more business out of me if you were on the Roku box. Just waiting.

Comment

Re: VUDU vs Amazon - Roku

I have Roku and like others, find it great for movies - and easy enough for the wife and kids to use.

But Amazon already has a place on Roku - I'm guessing that Amazon doesn't want to be up against Vudu on the Roku. So Ruku, a tiny company now compared to Amazon is not in a position argue!

In fact, being a Roku user/owner, I never even considered Vudu, until last night, visiting my brother-in-law's house -- he has a Samsung Blu-Ray player and NO Amazon streaming on that -- so I was "forced" to go to Vudu.

But I do have a PC I can hook to my TV at home easily enough, so next time I'm looking for a movie at home - I'll go to Vudu if I can't find it easily and cheaply enough on Amazon

Comment

I am thumbs up for the ROKU and even XBox 360... Bring the love to all the devices. We are all MEDIA-HUNGRY... and our only buffet is Netflix at the moment. You are practically forcing us dine at substandard virtual proprietaries by denying your wares to the media famished communities!

If Vudu does not step up, I am willing to bet money that not too long from now someone will... and when that "someone" does, they will cycle through the profits just like Netflix has... So who will be the next "media teet" because I am certainly searching for one right now...

Go big and go strong! Do not let the masses eat "netflix"...

Comment

Another request for Vudu on the Roku. I'm really surprised there isn't a Vudu channel already. Don't you want my money?

Comment

I think it would be wonderful if I could get Vudu on my Roku. I keep looking to getting Vudo, but without buy yet another device it looks like I just have to wait till it come out on Ruko.

Comment

Yes please! I just dumped Boxee Box due to the lack of useful content. I only miss 2 things: VUDU and a Browser to watch the Daily Show. I'll settle for a Comedy Central app and be very pleased.
                                My favorite thing is my new Roku 2 XS responds to my Harmony Remote and I don't have to keep 2 remotes out on the couch. Also, the channel selection system and store make for a simple uncluttered environment that even my technophobic partner can use.
                                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X