Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Any studios that Vudu does not receive movies from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any studios that Vudu does not receive movies from?

Supposedly, there is a ton of HD content coming soon (1,000+) if a recent interview in CEPro is to be believed. Hopefully, that is correct. Who knows, perhaps the reason VUDU got behind Apple in the amount of HD content is the fact they were working on HDX...

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
      Hmm...New movies are all released on the release date and rentable 30 days thereafter. I don't know of a movie from a studio they care that is recent that has not come to Vudu.

So Vudu is going to have 30 days after from all but one major. That probably covers 90% of the movies unless you primarily like stuff from MGM...

I don't know what you mean about Blue-Ray claims. The HDX format for Vudu just came out today and so yeah, the catalog is small right now but will grow significantly over time...

Why not get a Vudu now and enjoy it for the majority of what you do watch. If it saves you from renting or buying a DVD for 90% of the movies, isn't it worth it?
      What Blu-ray claims? Even if the video can be as good as many BD titles the audio is still DD, which is better than DVD, but still no where close to DTS-MA or Dolby True HD.

VUDU still remains complementary to BD. Only now with the better quality of video with HDX, for me that means even more titles where I might rent the BD, I'll just rent it from VUDU instead for the convenience.
      Although this is the time of year when I watch few movies and more TV. Most of my movie watching is from late May to early September and from Thanksgiving to early January.
      Last edited by aaronwt; 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM. Reason: doH! Spelling! doH!

Comment

Hey elwaylite, with Bestbuy's Promo this would be a great time to jump in. I think the offer is good till the end of this month? You risk only $100 while renting $200 worth of movies "for nothing".
        I've had my box for almost a year now and boy the improvements the techs have made in that short time are impressive. ( Price dropped $200, added about 6k titles, added HD and then HDX, provided an IR repeater for those who use universal remotes, etc, etc). It bodes well for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jclem View Post
          Hey elwaylite, with Bestbuy's Promo this would be a great time to jump in. I think the offer is good till the end of this month? You risk only $100 while renting $200 worth of movies "for nothing".
          I've had my box for almost a year now and boy the improvements the techs have made in that short time are impressive. ( Price dropped $200, added about 6k titles, added HD and then HDX, provided an IR repeater for those who use universal remotes, etc, etc). It bodes well for the future.
          I agree. I actually bought a second box a few months ago and wish I'd known this promo was coming. BTW, it's good until end of the year so there's some time to see how things are shaping up.

Comment

I know, that and HDX really has me looking

Comment

I think what Ill do is let the Vudu be my Christmas present and will get one from BBuy in a couple of mo's.

Wont be out anything and will use it to supplement the movies I buy. Hopefully one day it can replace my need for Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by elwaylite View Post
                I think what Ill do is let the Vudu be my Christmas present and will get one from BBuy in a couple of mo's.

Wont be out anything and will use it to supplement the movies I buy. Hopefully one day it can replace my need for Netflix.
                I think you have the right idea. Trust me - you'll love the box and we need folks like you to help promote new ideas and concepts for the box.

This web ordering and high end HD were two ideas promoted right here.

I want to say Mebby promoted the web ordering and HeadHodge had the idea for a higher tier of HD that you would have to wait for. Maybe this stuff was planned all along, but I like to think that customer input helps drive this stuff...

Comment

Yeah, the web ordering is awesome, I love the web scheduling that Directv has.

Also, youre right about the HDX, because that really got my interest up. Bluray has kinda upped the bar on everything.

What Im thinking the Vudu box will allow me to do is, drop netflix to 1 out at a time and just rent movies on Vudu whenever I want.

One thing I hate about mail rentals is the waits on new releases. No waiting on downloads

Comment

Yeah, the web ordering is awesome, I love the web scheduling that Directv has.

Also, youre right about the HDX, because that really got my interest up. Bluray has kinda upped the bar on everything.

What Im thinking the Vudu box will allow me to do is, drop netflix to 1 out at a time and just rent movies on Vudu whenever I want.

One thing I hate about mail rentals is the waits on new releases. No waiting on downloads
                    With the 30 day money back guarantee, all you're risking is the cost of a couple rentals to see if you like the quality, which we think you will.

Comment

Oh yeah, Ive decided its Vudu for Christmas.

Ive got my new 108p tv and a bluray player, so its the next logical tech buy

Comment

That's exactly what I did. I went from the 3 out/unlimited to their lowest 1 out/2 per month. I use it for the occassional movie that Vudu doesn't have or a new movie that I'm impatient to see and don't want to buy.
                        One of the problems that we always had with netflix is the we're not always in the mood for the movie that came in the mail, so it sits around for a while. The spontanaity that Vudu allows has been a huge plus.

Comment

That's exactly what I did. I went from the 3 out/unlimited to their lowest 1 out/2 per month. I use it for the occassional movie that Vudu doesn't have or a new movie that I'm impatient to see and don't want to buy.
                          One of the problems that we always had with netflix is the we're not always in the mood for the movie that came in the mail, so it sits around for a while. The spontanaity that Vudu allows has been a huge plus.
                          Yeah, I usually have movies sitting for two weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                            I think you have the right idea. Trust me - you'll love the box and we need folks like you to help promote new ideas and concepts for the box.

This web ordering and high end HD were two ideas promoted right here.

I want to say Mebby promoted the web ordering and HeadHodge had the idea for a higher tier of HD that you would have to wait for. Maybe this stuff was planned all along, but I like to think that customer input helps drive this stuff...
                            Third tier was something that came up right after release. Although, I posted about it independently since I didn't have access to that section at the time.

Anyway, I hope VUDU isn't done yet implementing our ideas as there are some thing left on the to-do list: more TV shows (with next-day availability like iTunes, in HD, more refined interface, season passes, etc.) and external storage/NAS which is a gateway to HD/HDX purchases and media externder functionality.

Comment

Check out your studio filters...
                              ...MGM movies are starting to trickle in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                                Check out your studio filters...
                                ...MGM movies are starting to trickle in.
                                That's Awesome to hear!! MGM has some really great movies (and some stinkers too).

But they are really into remastering their older content for HD. They have redone a lot of the original James Bond movies and I would love to rent them in HDX!!

Comment

Working...
                                X