Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Downloading questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading questions...

I have a PS3 and I downloaded a movie but were will it show up at to watch? I see that it has completed downloading. I thought the idea of downloading was so that I would not have to connect to the internet to watch it.

Re: Downloading questions...

Curious. I thought downloads were only for computers and mobile devices that have Vudu To Go app installed? Can that app be put on the PS3 Hard Drive?

Comment

E55KEV: The PS3 app supports downloading to the hdd, similar to a WD Live Hub.

asumovieman: The movies must still be viewed through the Vudu app (I have found nothing signifying a movie has been downloaded on the movie's page. Furthermore, you must still have an Internet connection to watch downloads, though it need not be high bandwidth.

Comment

From what I understand, downloading is supposed to allow you to watch a movie without buffering or loss of picture quality, but it still requires a check that you still have digital rights to the movie. I have no idea why it can't download your license information when you are connected, so that it knows if you have a rental for X days or a purchase (which should never expire), but that's what I've heard.

Comment

That is where I believe CFF will come in......

Comment

Originally posted by asumovieman View Post
            I have a PS3 and I downloaded a movie but were will it show up at to watch? I see that it has completed downloading. I thought the idea of downloading was so that I would not have to connect to the internet to watch it.
            Anytime I've ever downloaded a movie it shows up under my vudu/my movies. See the other responses for why you still need the internet.

Comment

That's the idea, but they don't want to give you the key... so you need the internet to authenticate so you can play what you paid for. DRM is bad for consumers.

Just remember - If VUDU/Ultraviolet go out of business - your collection is gone with them.

Comment

Originally posted by salpower View Post
                Just remember - If VUDU/Ultraviolet go out of business - your collection is gone with them.
                "UltraViolet" are the movie studios themselves, Paramount, Warner, Fox and Universal. All of which are also parts in even bigger media conglomerates, Fox being part of News Corp for example or Universal being part of NBC-Universal, which in itself is owned by Comcast. The chances of all of them going under are basically Nil. Even if one went under, you'd find the others bidding like mad to get hold of the companies film rights themselves. As for Vudu itself, Walmart might shut the service down but given Vudu is grabbing marketshare from its rivals Xbox, itunes, Playstation Network, Amazon Instant etc I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon either.

Comment

So if I am understanding this correctly even if I download the movies to my laptop and want to watch one of those downloaded movies on perhaps an international flight with no internet access where the VUDU app is unable to phone home I am basically SOL when it comes to watching "my" movies?

Does the Flixster app work the same way on my Android tablet? IE unable to actually watch anything without internet access?

Comment

VUDU to Go will allow you to watch your movies without internet access. The Original Post was about downloading to a PS3.

Comment

So with the PS3 if I download a movie do I still need internet access to watch the download? If so how much internet is being used to watch what I already have downloaded?

Comment

So with the PS3 if I download a movie do I still need internet access to watch the download? If so how much internet is being used to watch what I already have downloaded?
                        The internet connection is only needed to verify your account. If you playback from the PS3 hard-drive, it won't stream at all from the VUDU servers.

Comment

call me confused..i downloaded a movie on my pc so that i can watch it anywhere on my home network ( TV, bluray etc). but cant find it anywhere except when i go to VUDU TO GO. i want to watch it on my TV but my TV or bluray (which has VUDU) does not have VUDU TO GO..and when i tried to watch the downloaded movie on VUDU TO GO itself, it played the streaming version with all the buffering etc. WHERE IS MY DOWNLOADED MOVIE?

Comment

Originally posted by vulture View Post
                            call me confused..i downloaded a movie on my pc so that i can watch it anywhere on my home network ( TV, bluray etc). but cant find it anywhere except when i go to VUDU TO GO. i want to watch it on my TV but my TV or bluray (which has VUDU) does not have VUDU TO GO..and when i tried to watch the downloaded movie on VUDU TO GO itself, it played the streaming version with all the buffering etc. WHERE IS MY DOWNLOADED MOVIE?
                            That info is posted somewhere else on this forum, but I'm too lazy to look it up...mostly since it won't help you anyway.

The movies are downloaded in a copyright-protected, proprietary format. You won't be able to use DLNA to stream them to a networked device. If your TV and Blu-ray and other devices don't have a Vudu app, you can play some of your content through Flixster, CinemaNow, M-Go, and some others. You could also try hooking up an HDMI cable from your computer to your TV, or you can cast Vudu content from any computer/device if you have a Chromecast.

As for your computer streaming the movie after you downloaded it, that shouldn't happen. Did you see the blue boxes and the word "buffering", or did you maybe experience some hardware/software playback issues?

Comment

Does anyone know if the PS3 has to remain connected to the internet after initial verifying of my account? I am going to be moving and it's going to be around a 5 day drive. I was planning on downloading some of my movies on my laptop, but if I can do it on my PS3, and hopefully connect it to the hotel's TV via HDMI, I would rather do that. I realize not all hotels have an accessible HDMI port, but many do these days. Some also have free wifi, but usually you have to accept the agreement which streaming devices can't usually do.

So, if I tethered the PS3 to my phones data plan to start the playback, then turn the sharing off, would the movie continue to play? I read above that it doesn't stream, but I would still like to turn sharing off if I could.

Comment

Working...
                              X