atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

    So, just called shipping again and they said that White House Down will likely not deliver for another week and a half to two weeks because apparently again the 'studio did not send us enough copies.'

    Let me tell you something: this is the third time this has happened and I refuse to accept that excuse.
    There are some people still waiting for their Pacific Rim copies from three weeks ago, and everytime I got into a Wal-Mart there are plenty of Pacific Rim Blu-Rays.

    This 'studio problem' is no longer an excuse. I was going to give White House Down as a birthday present next Thursday but apparently I have to give my friend and IOU.

    THIS BETTER NOT HAPPEN WITH MAN OF STEEL.

    Also, they told me that they didn't receive that I preordered White House Down until this week. I PREORDERED IT THE DAY IT HIT SHELVES. Also, this is the third time that they said this is bc of a delay with their system/hardware/computers.

    They need to get it together, this isn't the Obamacare website.

    Vudu needs to do something about this, or else it will lose a lot of buisness. They have lost mine. Unfortunately I still have 5 or 6 pre orders left from them.

    #2
    Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

    Originally posted by dehartnell View Post
    So, just called shipping again and they said that White House Down will likely not deliver for another week and a half to two weeks because apparently again the 'studio did not send us enough copies.'

    Let me tell you something: this is the third time this has happened and I refuse to accept that excuse.
    There are some people still waiting for their Pacific Rim copies from three weeks ago, and everytime I got into a Wal-Mart there are plenty of Pacific Rim Blu-Rays.

    This 'studio problem' is no longer an excuse. I was going to give White House Down as a birthday present next Thursday but apparently I have to give my friend and IOU.

    THIS BETTER NOT HAPPEN WITH MAN OF STEEL.

    Also, they told me that they didn't receive that I preordered White House Down until this week. I PREORDERED IT THE DAY IT HIT SHELVES. Also, this is the third time that they said this is bc of a delay with their system/hardware/computers.

    They need to get it together, this isn't the Obamacare website.

    Vudu needs to do something about this, or else it will lose a lot of buisness. They have lost mine. Unfortunately I still have 5 or 6 pre orders left from them.
    Well my copy has not shipped either along with Grown ups 2 because of the same problem. I also know about 6 other people who did not get their orders shipped as well. This is a pre-order, they should have had stock when the codes were redeemed instead of giving bull**** excuses. When all my pre-orders are done, I know I am done with Walmart's and Vudu's pre-orders as its not worth the time anymore.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

      I think if WalMart would lockup the preorders this wouldn? be a problem. This is just a guess...

      When you can find the preorders on sites like eBay selling for much less than the in store price, something is wrong there.

      This delay, could be due to theft. Someone can steal the code or the entire (some paper thin) package from the store and input the code. Let's say WalMart/Vudu do not use the code you input to order copies, they go buy the number of preorders sold at WalMart. If you just enter the code from a stolen product, WalMart/Vudu does not order a disc. The only fault here lies with the thieves and WalMart to a lesser extent, for not locking up the preorders.

      Not enough "sold preorder" to fulfill the number of input Vudu codes.

      *Now if the discs are being ordered based on the code being input into Vudu…that is a different story.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

        Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
        I think if WalMart would lockup the preorders this wouldn? be a problem. This is just a guess...

        When you can find the preorders on sites like eBay selling for much less than the in store price, something is wrong there.

        This delay, could be due to theft. Someone can steal the code or the entire (some paper thin) package from the store and input the code. Let's say WalMart/Vudu do not use the code you input to order copies, they go buy the number of preorders sold at WalMart. If you just enter the code from a stolen product, WalMart/Vudu does order a disc. The only fault here lies with the thieves and WalMart to a lesser extent, for not locking up the preorders.

        Not enough "sold preorder" to fulfill the number of input Vudu codes.

        *Now if the discs are being ordered based on the code being input into Vudu?that is a different story.


        Yes, you could blame the thieves. I do. However, VUDU not realizing their are people out there like that, and didn't do something about it when this idea was initially though up was just being very gullible on their parts. They should do what all other companies do....HAVE A CARD WITH MAGNETIC SWIPE THAT CAN ONLY BE ACTIVATED BY A REGISTER. So while we could blame the theives, it is as easily to blame VUDU for not thinking up of that earlier and just putting them the codes on cheap paper/cardboard that don't even have the decency to have at least a security tag.

        I also blame VUDU for their systems not automatically telling them when I put in the code. I bought White House Down from shelves the first day that they went on the shelves. When I called the shipping hotline they said that I ordered it earlier this week and that shipping and copies go on a first ordered first served basis. They said their systems have a delay. THAT is Vudu's fault.

        So in reality, you can't blame the studios. They gave VUDU copies based on how much they actually sold. You could get on to them that they have to honor a code input agreement and that the studios have plenty of copies that go unsold, but that is neither here or there. Thieves can definitely be blamed.

        But the problem is VUDU. They need to fix their ordering system, they need to fix the way they handle the selling and protection of codes. They need to get their stuff together.

        BC of this happens with Man of Steel. They are going to have a lot of calls and a lot of headache, I hope they are planning ahead, but I doubt it based on their inconsistency.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

          I agree it sucks and is a bummer. Like with most things, it can, and hopefully is, a learning experience for Vudu and WalMart. They have to work together on these preorders, and need to understand how things can fall through and fix them.

          The cards need to be locked up, or as mentioned scanned to be activated.
          Or
          Maybe when you preorder one you have to add it to your Vudu account in the store and give your address right then for shippment.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

            Well I am still waiting on Pacific Rim.
            Now looks like I will also have to wait for White House Down.

            Very sad as these were all purchased the day they hit the shelves.

            I took the liberty in putting in a Support/Help ticket attaching my Receipts and Cards for both preorders and my other pending preorders hopping it expedites them into sending them out.

            Very sad I am getting pushed to the side because people are buying known stolen property off Ebay.
            Hope they identify the accounts and do something about it.

            So they likely now lost a PAYING customer.
            A quick Summary of last months Vudu history
            $110 straight to Vudu
            $29 for Walmart D2D
            $50 in Walmart/Vudu preorders
            then add in the 10+ movies with codes redeemed on their site last month

            Now their are some that spend way more than me
            but I would guess i'm at least above average account activity, being treated like dirt is uncalled for.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

              Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
              I agree it sucks and is a bummer. Like with most things, it can, and hopefully is, a learning experience for Vudu and WalMart. They have to work together on these preorders, and need to understand how things can fall through and fix them.

              The cards need to be locked up, or as mentioned scanned to be activated.
              Or
              Maybe when you preorder one you have to add it to your Vudu account in the store and give your address right then for shippment.
              Another option
              Cut Walmart out of it all together
              On their site they have a preorder area add a button under own saying HDX/Physical and you then get that package delivered along with the digital early access.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                Originally posted by Jester View Post
                Another option
                Cut Walmart out of it all together
                On their site they have a preorder area add a button under own saying HDX/Physical and you then get that package delivered along with the digital early access.
                Doesn't Wal-Mart own vudu?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                  Originally posted by skiizim View Post
                  Doesn't Wal-Mart own vudu?
                  This probably falls in the same area of the question "Doesn't Walmart own Walmart.com" ? Yes they are apart of Walmart, but they are operating on their own.

                  I do like the idea that Vudu could sell the pre-order from their web site and offer the physical copy to be shipped. That would work for all of us customers that are already visiting this web site every day.
                  But I'm sure Walmart wants to be able to draw more "New" customers into vudu that might not just "Stop by" Vudu.com
                  Not selling them in their store would do no good.

                  I'm sure they are going to change how these are now purchase. Heck I read some where that the next Pre-order coming out of The Wolverine actually looks like one the Video game pre-order cards. That has to be activated.

                  If they never changed and stuck to how they are doing it now, I think there should have been an earlier cut off point of having these on the shelf so no matter how many codes were redeemed into Vudu's system they could have sent that number to the studios to say we need this many movies to ship.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                    I like how Vudu is still not responding to these posts...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                      Hey Vudu, I see in other forums that their White House Down is shipping today, I'm hoping to see an e-mail confirm this soon. I have a feeling that they won't send it now that I made a forum post about it complaining, lol

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                        Originally posted by dehartnell View Post
                        Hey Vudu, I see in other forums that their White House Down is shipping today, I'm hoping to see an e-mail confirm this soon. I have a feeling that they won't send it now that I made a forum post about it complaining, lol
                        Get ready for a long wait and headache of trying to get your copy
                        White House Down copies they had already shipped and they ran out once again

                        White House Down preorderd 10/1/2013 - mine not shipped
                        Pacific Rim date preordered on 9/3/2013 - no shipping yet

                        those lucky enough to get theirs shipped please give date they preorderd
                        cause from what i have seen its as if they are just pulling them out of a hat on who gets them.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                          Originally posted by Jester View Post
                          Get ready for a long wait and headache of trying to get your copy
                          White House Down copies they had already shipped and they ran out once again

                          White House Down preorderd 10/1/2013 - mine not shipped
                          Pacific Rim date preordered on 9/3/2013 - no shipping yet

                          those lucky enough to get theirs shipped please give date they preorderd
                          cause from what i have seen its as if they are just pulling them out of a hat on who gets them.
                          VUDU...seriously...get it together

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                            Just ticked right now and reading on other forms seeing if i can find any info on who is getting theirs and who is not and saw one guy post that he bought his White House down less than 3 weeks ago from ebay and already received it today.

                            what the F I sent in my Receipts to Help desk asking them to make sure I get my preorders on time and get ignored.

                            then on one form people are saying they are calling shipping and getting credit any where from $5-$10 for the fact their movie will be late. Again what the hell I have called submitted tickets and done everything i can think just to get an answer on when I will get my movies and not any kind of compensation given.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: White House Down Wal-Mart/VUDU preorder **another studio/system problems**

                              Originally posted by Jester View Post
                              White House Down preorderd 10/1/2013 - mine not shipped
                              Pacific Rim date preordered on 9/3/2013 - no shipping yet
                              I'll see you, and RAISE you...

                              Pacific Rim - Ordered 09/05/2013 - No shipping notification
                              White House Down - Ordered 10/04/2013 - No shipping notification
                              Grown Ups 2 - Ordered 10/04/2013 - No shipping notification

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X