Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Bourne Trilogy in HD available on VUDU soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bourne Trilogy in HD available on VUDU soon!

Most of the time, content updates (new movies) will just require a database update, but bigger changes like the Bourne promotion (being able to view HD content) might also require a software update. There will also be occasional software updates adding requested features and fixes that have been addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
      Most of the time, content updates (new movies) will just require a database update, but bigger changes like the Bourne promotion (being able to view HD content) might also require a software update. There will also be occasional software updates adding requested features and fixes that have been addressed.
      Does the status of a movie, ie it's now available for rent reflected in a database version update? If the database # is the same can I then assume there's no change to any movie status? Checking the version is alot quicker than scrolling through all the screeens looking for changes ....

Comment

Originally posted by mbustin View Post
        Does the status of a movie, ie it's now available for rent reflected in a database version update? If the database # is the same can I then assume there's no change to any movie status? Checking the version is alot quicker than scrolling through all the screeens looking for changes ....
        Good question... an even easier solution would be to add a message somewhere that tells the user what date the database was last updated on right on the VUDU home screen.
        - Scott

Comment

I would say that this is treading into the "Techie" area. The VUDU was designed to shield folks from needing to know what database they are on and what movies are that version. Updates come down on a regular basis and the movie updates a really fluid so even attempting to provide the correlation would be a difficult.

One thing I do is use the "Wish List" for item that are purchase only and when they become rentable they would be reflected on the wish list. Also VUDU is putting dates on all moves if they are going to become rentable in the short term. Which is really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by mbustin View Post
            Not necessarily. You may have the latest database, but the "tails" of the movies may not be downloaded and so all the new movies may show "Coming Soon." Once the tails are downloaded, you will then be able to watch. The tail is the 30 seconds (this is publicly documented) that the box stores of most movies and is what enables the instant viewing.

But as Ron stated, we are beginning to get techie here!

Comment

Originally posted by kmulder View Post
              I watched Bourne Identity the other night. Picture and sound were incredible.
              On this movie they worked well.
              Vudu is looking better every day!!
              I'd second this statement. I was truly impressed by the quality and sound that my little Vudu box was pumping out last night watching both Bourne movies. If Vudu can keep inking HD deals with the distributors then there is a very bright future for this powerful device.

As a side-note there's a big difference between what the Vudu defaults to in the video preferences (It thinks my LCD likes 720P the best by default) and what my LCD actually accepts. Be sure to manually match the correct output to what your LCD defaults to. In my case I have a Sony Bravia 1080P; changing it from the default 720P setting makes a *world* of difference.

Keep up the good work VuDu!!

-T

Comment

This may have been answered, but I could not find it via search. With VUDU, does HD mean that the picture should be full-screen on a widescreen HD television? I have conflicting experience with getting full screen with movies, but thought that it should be. While The Bourne Identity is a great picture, it is letterboxed on my 42in. 720p plasma - Is there a setting I can change or is this correct? I just wanted to double check before I cried (j/k). Thank VUDUnators.
                - Scott

Comment

The HD version will show "HD" next to the name.

Many movies are filmed with aspect ratios different than 16:9. Some movies are in 16:9, many are filmed in "scope" which is a wider aspect ratio (I forget the numbers). I think Bourne is filmed in scope which would letterbox on a 16:9 screen.

Your screen is showing it correctly...

There are zoom and stretch settings in the video menu but I think that is just for mapping 4:3 content to a 16:9 display. You could also adjust zoom settings on your set but then you either crop the image and lose some content or you distort the image.

Originally posted by sgoldblatt View Post
                  This may have been answered, but I could not find it via search. With VUDU, does HD mean that the picture should be full-screen on a widescreen HD television? I have conflicting experience with getting full screen with movies, but thought that it should be. While The Bourne Identity is a great picture, it is letterboxed on my 42in. 720p plasma - Is there a setting I can change or is this correct? I just wanted to double check before I cried (j/k). Thank VUDUnators.

Comment

Originally posted by sgoldblatt View Post
                    I think when I watched it it had fairly thin bars at the top and bottom. I suspect it's because the actual content isn't quite 16:9, but slightly higher ratio. I was watching it on my 720p native projector (1280x720 resolution).

What do you see?

-- Greg

Comment

Have you adjusted the VUDU's overscan in Info & Settings > Video Settings?

Comment

NA9D - Makes sense, and was the answer I was expecting, although I was hoping that I could get a different answer

Greg - I am not seeing thin bar... they are pretty much "typical" bars on the top and bottom that you'd see on any television (widescreen or otherwise) when viewing letterboxed content. Oh, and yes, it is native 720p (1280x720 resolution). Wish I could attach a screenshot, but can't... I do not believe that it is a VUDU issue, just a product of the video aspect ratio - It is not a degradation of quality in any way, just does not fill the monitor.
                        - Scott

Comment

Here's an interesting article on aspect ratio's. Some studios maintain the aspect ratio that is true to a movie theater's screen, though it is still a widescreen picture, so you will still see black bars on the top and bottom on a 16x9 TV set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

The studio kept the Bourne movies true to their theatrical formats so you will see the bars on the top and bottom of the screen. A lot of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray moves are this way as well.
                          Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that I should get the updated database overnight on my new vudu. I woke up this morning hoping to see the Bourne trilogy in HD but no such luck. Do I have to wait another 24 hours? Sorry I'm so impatient - but you guys are taunting me with all this talk of how fabulous it looks.

Comment

Check your Info & Settings. Please post your Software Version, Database Version, and Client ID. That will help us figure out how close you are.

AFTER you do that, put down the remote and leave the Vudu alone. It only downloads the updates when the system is idle....

Comment

Is there a particular screen it has to be idle on? I left it on overnight on the main menu screen - should I have turned it off? It's hard wired to my 8MB broadband.

DB Version: 14:1359
                                Software: 1.1.1 (rev 18056)
                                Serial: 050725800FA4

Comment

Working...
                                X