Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Feedback about New Vudu Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feedback about New Vudu Interface

I am not very impressed at all with the new interface, I definitely prefer the older one. The look just looks "newer" not better. I preferred the left to right scrolling for seasons of TV shows instead of up and down the way it is not. And seasons should be organized oldest to newest not newest to oldest.

The autoplay feature with the 10 second countdown is beyond annoying at this point. I cannot believe Vudu thought it was a good idea to force this on everyone just because a lot of people like it. That doesn't mean every wants their videos messed with. I don't care if it is just the credits, I like seeing them fully and not covered by anything. If an option is not introduced very soon to turn this feature off it will definitely be a deal breaker for me, and I absolutely WILL NOT purchase anything from Vudu again in the future. I can't believe that episodes I have paid for now are covered with an annoying countdown clock that I can't get off of my screen, which also cuts off the end of my videos. I have a right to have all of my purchases play from beginning to end uninterrupted, and see every frame of video without anything covering it. This is top priority, Get It FIXED!!!

I also hate how there is STILL NO "Play From Beginning" button only "resume" for partially watched videos, how could that not have made it into this update? It seems like someone wasn't doing their jobs when the new interface was designed, I'm tired of having to either rewind my videos to the beginning and load the stream a second time, or going to chapter one. There should always be a one click way to start videos from the very start.

I also hate how when you first begin playback Vudu has to paste it's overlay onto the screen with the controls, and I then have to hold onto the remote just to click back quickly before the video starts so it doesn't cover the first few seconds of my movie or episode. The controls should only appear on the screen when the users presses a button for it, videos shouldn't start with it covering the show. These are basic things that are extremely annoying.

The watch list I have no problems with, as long as it gets altered so I can go in and delete everything that is there if I want to, which should also clear my episodes list for TV shows marking them as unwatched completely as if just purchased. Being able to clear your watch history is something you can do on Amazon and Netflix so you can start shows again without everything being marked as watched. Vudu needs to do the same thing.

All in all the new interfaces looks a bit cleaner and neater, but function hasn't improved it's actually worse off in my opinion. The little annoyances need to be fixed or else I'd prefer making purchases on other services in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakkMajik3000 View Post
      I'm probably alone in this, but...

I honestly don't like the new UI. I was hoping features would be added, not a complete re-design.

Maybe it will eventually grow on me, but for now, I still very much prefer the old UI for everything except mobile devices.
      your not alone, I hate it and no coming soon look up anymore for pre orders

Comment

Originally posted by hokie5007 View Post
        I love the new interface on my Roku 3! I agree with most of the critiques identified by the other posters. The biggest one for me is updating the Xbox One interface. I've posted this on the game console boards and the response I keep getting is that Microsoft makes you use a certain interface. That is no longer true. Netflix and Hulu have the exact same interface between my Roku 3 and Xbox One. They enable some Xbox One specific features but the interface is exactly the same. Please update the Xbox One app with this new interface so I can stop posting these complaints.

Also, I would love to see a bundling feature or some way to organize my collection.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in!
        I totally agree with you on this about the Xbox One. I've posted about it too but keep hearing the same excuses. I don't know why Vudu doesn't care about their Xbox One interface. Anything would be better than what we have now. It can't get any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by lowenbotten
          It can't get any worse.
          It could fail to launch and crash to desktop like I know the iPhone app to do. It won't even run. They won't address me on that issue either.

Comment

1) Being able to start from the beginning is a big one for me. 90% of the time I don't want to resume play...

2) I HATE the icons used for the controls rewind, pause, etc. They look like clip art from Microsoft cira 1995.

3) The green tint is a bit much...

Comment

I want the automatic 10 second countdown to STOP IMMEDIATELY! How dare Vudu decide to interrupt my endings of shows to overlay something on my screen. I don't care if it's the credits or not, it's a part of the show and I PURCHASED IT! The fact that this change was implemented without the ability to turn it on and off just shows how ignorant the programming minds are that designed this new interface. I absolutely WILL NOT purchase ANYTHING further from Vudu until I am able to stop the auto-play 100 percent of the time.

The icons on the controls also look worse, they looked much better before. I still don't like how the controls have to pop onto the screen when you start a video, and I have to hold the remote to quickly make them disappear before my video starts so none of it will be covered up by the control menu bar.

How can there be an update and still no "Play from beginning" Button? Such a basic feature completely lost on the Vudu programmers. I almost never want to resume, so why do I have to load the stream, rewind to start and load again? A one click button to start over is totally essential to a good viewing experience.

The watchlist is a nice idea, but I want the ability to delete everything that is there if I so choose, which would also clear all episodes of TV shows watched so they'd be marked not viewed and the completion check marks will disappear, so I can watch all my shows again as if i just purchased them.

It seems the words are harder to read and everything looks smaller than it used to be on this new update, this is hardly and improvement. And I used to like the left to right scrolling of seasons of TV shows, not the up an down way that it has been changed to, it would be nice to have it go from the first season up rather than last season down in the order too.

In summary, this is not a very good update, basic functions have still not been addressed, and a major annoyance has been added with the horrible auto-play feature. Vudu is going in the wrong direction. I was pretty happy with Vudu before, but seriously this auto-play thing is enough to make me jump ship if it isn't fixed soon.

Comment

To be honest I hate the new change on vudu interface.
                My grandparents and parents all have vudu now and when you change it they can't find anything and I have to reteach them where things are at so its confusing.
                The original vudu interface was user friendly and easy .

PLEASE at least give us the option to have the old vudu and the new vudu or get rid of the new vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by ARI88 View Post
                  To be honest I hate the new change on vudu interface.
                  My grandparents and parents all have vudu now and when you change it they can't find anything and I have to reteach them where things are at so its confusing.
                  The original vudu interface was user friendly and easy .

PLEASE at least give us the option to have the old vudu and the new vudu or get rid of the new vudu.
                  I have to say the new one is a lot busier (and requires more clicks to get where you used to go with fewer clicks) than the old one. I guess it depends on the device as to which one is going to show? I still see the old interface on my WD TV. The new one is on my Roku 3. I haven't checked the Mitsubishi TVs or the Oppo BD player to see which is still on those.

Comment

I have a Sony Blu Ray player that's a couple years old that has never taken a Vudu update. My Samsung Blu Ray gets an update from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                      I have a Sony Blu Ray player that's a couple years old that has never taken a Vudu update. My Samsung Blu Ray gets an update from time to time.

LOL..I went back and started using my Samsung BD because it still has the old Vudu interface..

Comment

Oops. I forgot which Blu Ray was where. You're right!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                          My Sony 2011 model BDP-S580 has the new user interface.

Comment

Does anyone know if any of this negative feedback about the new Vudu interface is making any difference? I've submitted several emails about the things I don't like and I haven't gotten any response back from Vudu so far. I can see here a lot of customers other than myself don't like the new interface for whatever reasons. Is there anything we can do to get it changed back to the old version? Something needs to be done about this horrible update now, the autoplay is driving me insane!!

Comment

People complain every time FaceBook changes their interface, too. That doesn't work, either.

Personally, I don't see anything on the new Vudu interface worth complaining about. My wife didn't say anything either, and she hates change!

Comment

Who is responsible for getting this new release on various platforms? I'd love to see an update to my Samsung Smart TVs.

Comment

Working...
                                X