Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

News: Walmart Considering Selling Vudu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chedwiggen View Post
    If Vudu does end up shutting down I hope they can work something out with iTunes or Amazon to migrate our collections to their service
    Hopefully not Amazon. The Prime Video app is utter garbage.

Comment

If Vudu does end up shutting down I hope they can work something out with iTunes or Amazon to migrate our collections to their service, I would think it would help strengthen either of their services so hopefully one of them will be willing to swoop in to help.
      I don't know why Walmart thinks it has to ditch Vudu in order to compete in the streaming market. They just need to add a pay by month service to Vudu. Name it "Vudu Plus" or some such. The infrastructure is already there, why trash it? I'd pay $12 a month if they made a bunch of stuff free to stream. In fact, take a queue from Amazon & offer free shipping from Walmart.com with a sub.

Maybe they should look at actually advertising the Vudu name. The only ads I ever see for it are in Walmart stores...and even then it's about as vague as it can be. It's no wonder people don't know about them.

Comment

If Vudu does end up shutting down I hope they can work something out with iTunes or Amazon to migrate our collections to their service, I would think it would help strengthen either of their services so hopefully one of them will be willing to swoop in to help.
        Hopefully if this ends up being the case that it's iTunes rather than Amazon. I can't stand the Prime interface.

362 UHD
        773 HDX
        3 SD

Comment

Originally posted by RTF2451 View Post
          Simply put, I have over 3,000 movies...what are the chances I lose some of those? 1%-100% what do you think the chances are? I am very worried
          I lost a massive number of titles just after Movies Anywhere launched. I sill have no idea what happened but there was some technical syncing glitch that wiped out a ton.

I talked to several lawyers who all turned me down flat before I finally got one who is trying to help. But the headache is that most of the services I got the affected titles through are all DOA now. At which point, those titles only lived on in UV after that.

We don't even have a point of contact for the companies that are gone and UV, MA, and Vudu all pointed fingers at each other or at the companies that are dead now. That is, when they weren't ignoring me. UV ignored me until they went out of business.

They are all huge entities and most lawyers I talked to didn't want to get anywhere near it. The one I did get to help has made it clear just how big of a headache the whole thing is going to be. I don't trust anything about digital as far as I can throw my house.

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post

Speaking of "exclusive content", did they really think Mr. Mom was gonna be some immediate game-changer for them? The show is terrible, I couldn't even get through the first one.
            EXACTLY!!! Mr. Mom is hot garbage. Who the heck chose this as their first original? Bad decisions all around Vudu.

Comment

There's absolutely no way Amazon will acquire or even transfer content from VUDU in a shut down, Wal-Mart would not ever allow a press release like that to even be suggested, it would never happen for brand competitiveness alone. iTunes would be more realistic, but even then, they are much bigger than VUDU and likely wouldn't want to deal with the headache of acquiring a smaller user base, in which many use iTunes already in code redemptions and Movies Anywhere connection. It's more realistic in the sense that they don't compete at retail with Wal-Mart aside from streaming, Apple merchandise sales actually help Wal-Mart as opposed to people being sent to Amazon for their content and purchases. I have absolutely loved VUDU, but I can't continue to support the service in the same way now that we know a sale is being considered, it won't turn out well no matter how much we try and spin it. It's Wal-Mart, there are not many companies with as many resources as they have, or the money to invest, and continue it long-term. It's really upsetting for me, I've purchased so many TV shows here, almost 750 different series (and all the seasons within those series), and have thousands of movies that are not Movies Anywhere compatible. So I have a lot to lose, and I want to think positively, but realistically this is something to be very worried about, and unless VUDU talks about what will happen to our content in the event of a shutdown, I don't plan on supporting the service with anything but Movies Anywhere compatible purchases. I will try my best to give VUDU the money over iTunes when it comes to choosing compatible films, but a part of me thinks this "leak" of a potential sale was intentional.

Comment

If it does go on sale, I'm hoping either Facebook or Samsung will buy it. Aside from the deep pockets, both offer unique integrations possibilities with their respective systems/hardware.

Comment

Hulu was owned be multiple networks, maybe vudu can be purchased by multiple Studios?

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMan View Post
                    Hulu was owned be multiple networks, maybe vudu can be purchased by multiple Studios?
                    FandangoNow is owned by more than one studio. I'm aware of Universal and Warner Bros.

362 UHD
                    773 HDX
                    3 SD

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

Walmart won't "shutter" anything because someone will buy it, if that is their plan to sale.
                      You mean just like Sony found a buyer for Vue?

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post

I don't know why Walmart thinks it has to ditch Vudu in order to compete in the streaming market. They just need to add a pay by month service to Vudu. Name it "Vudu Plus" or some such. The infrastructure is already there, why trash it? I'd pay $12 a month if they made a bunch of stuff free to stream. In fact, take a queue from Amazon & offer free shipping from Walmart.com with a sub.

Maybe they should look at actually advertising the Vudu name. The only ads I ever see for it are in Walmart stores...and even then it's about as vague as it can be. It's no wonder people don't know about them.
                        I listen to a ton of Podcasts and vudu sponsors many hugely popular podcasts

Comment

Originally posted by morfiend View Post
                          Vue is a subscription service though. No one is losing any "paid for" content from Vue shutting down.

Comment

Originally posted by morfiend View Post

Vue was a piece of junk that people began to run from when they removed channels and hiked up the price. Would you want it after their mistakes? No. Half the people who had heard of it never tried it because of the name alone, believing they had to own a Playstation just to use it. Vue was doomed from the start, and I said that years ago on their own forums... lol

Comment

Maybe the buyer will fix the orange banners?

Just trying to add in a little light-heartedness to a potentially devastating outcome...

Comment

Certainly cause for concern - I'm clocking in around 211 TV seasons and 2045 movies, and my Movies Anywhere collection has...995.

That's at least $5,000 dollars in movies that would be lost if they went the "No refunds" route, just for one customer. And the TV series would be close another $3000, just ball parking.

So, if Vudu were to just disappear, I'd be out an estimated $8,000. (And I'm low-balling based on sale prices.)

I don't see WalMart giving me that in store credit, either...

Comment

Working...
                                X