Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU HAS UPGRADED YOUR MOVIES to 4K Free ! ! ! - WHAT ?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VUDU HAS UPGRADED YOUR MOVIES to 4K Free ! ! ! - WHAT ?!?!?

(Your milage may vary. THANK YOU VUDU!)

"VUDU HAS UPGRADED YOUR MOVIES. Compliments of Vudu, these movies are now available in 4K UHD in your library!"

4K UHD Upgrade Summary

Annabelle Comes Home
    Baby Driver
    Battle: Los Angeles
    Charlie's Angels
    Flatliners (2017)
    Fright Night
    Godzilla
    Hellboy
    I Know What You Did Last Summer Trilogy (Bundle)
    Inferno
    Life
    Look Who's Talking
    Paddington 2
    Passengers (2016)
    Proud Mary
    Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
    Rough Night
    Salt
    Sausage Party
    Shaft (2019)
    Smurfs: The Lost Village
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    T2 Trainspotting
    The Dark Crystal
    The Emoji Movie
    The Fifth Element
    The LEGO NINJAGO Movie
    The Muppets Take Manhattan
    This Is the End
    Underworld: Blood Wars

Is this an email you received? I own many of those movies and none of mine were upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Texan26 View Post
      Is this an email you received? I own many of those movies and none of mine were upgraded.
      YES, I got the email and posted minute's later.

I don't know why it would be only me so I would expect those and many other titles I don't own to be upgraded in others collections.

Comment

Wow! I hope that happens to me, too!

Comment

Keep in mind that they will most likely only upgrade direct Vudu purchases. No MA imports. The upgrades will also be only upgraded at Vudu...The upgrades will NOT port to MA.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
            Keep in mind that they will most likely only upgrade direct Vudu purchases. No MA imports. The upgrades will also be only upgraded at Vudu...The upgrades will NOT port to MA.
            I checked Movie Anywhere for a handful of the upgraded titles and they are showing 4K rights now in the MA app as well so I don’t know.

Comment

I got email indicating that "Spider-Man: Homecoming" was upgraded but then looked at one of my UHD lists and it was already there as 4K so who knows?

910 UHD
              844 HDX
              5 SD

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
                I bought this years ago with the original Resident Evil bundle, all of them were UHD 4K if I’m not mistaken, how did you end up not getting the 4K version?

Comment

Of the titles that were in my list 1 title was already in my Vudu library as 4K. The other few were upgraded to 4K and not ported out to MA at the higher resolution.

The one title that was already 4K kinda makes sense as I'd purchased that title in HD from Vudu years ago. Then last year had upgraded to 4K from the code in my disc purchase via MA.

Must be titles purchased from, or code redeemed at Vudu/Fandango. Unfortunately unlike iTunes, which also ports the upgrade to MA, these are upgrades exclusive to Vudu.

Comment

I received this email this morning. I know I at least owned LOTR in 4k because I got it using a UV code from the Blu-ray, but I think I owned on Vudu in HDX prior to that.

4K UHD Upgrade Summary
                    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
                    Upgraded from HDX to 4K UHD

The Road Warrior (Mad Max II)

The Lost Boys

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Singin' in the Rain

The Hobbit Extended Edition Trilogy: 3 Movie Collection plus bonus features (Bundle)

Gremlins

The Last Picture Show

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Editions Bundle)

Comment

I received an e-mail this morning, with 1 title upgraded: Heavy Metal. I already had this in UHD in my library, so I'm not quite sure what's going on...

Comment

Got this email this morning….pretty excited!
                        These movies are movies are now available in 4K UHD in your library
                        View Web Version
                        Compliments of Vudu, these movies are now available in 4K UHD in your library!
                        + 109 More
                        4K UHD Upgrade Summary
                        Tom & Jerry
                        Mortal Kombat
                        Our Brand Is Crisis
                        Resident Evil
                        Resident Evil: Apocalypse
                        Resident Evil: Afterlife
                        Resident Evil: Extinction
                        I Know What You Did Last Summer
                        12 Strong
                        The Fifth Element
                        Smallfoot
                        Dunkirk
                        I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
                        Upgraded from SD to 4K UHD
                        Look Who's Talking
                        Storks
                        The Road Warrior (Mad Max II)
                        In the Heart of the Sea
                        How to Be Single
                        Ready Player One
                        King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
                        Argo
                        Terminator Salvation (Theatrical)
                        The Professional
                        Hellboy
                        A League of Their Own
                        Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
                        The Hangover Part 2
                        Pacific Rim
                        Batman
                        Batman Forever
                        Batman Returns
                        Batman and Robin
                        I Am Legend (Theatrical)
                        Bad Teacher (Theatrical)
                        The Hobbit Trilogy: 3 Movie Collection (Bundle)
                        The Lost Boys
                        The Outsiders
                        Poltergeist
                        The Brothers Grimsby
                        Whiplash
                        A Star Is Born
                        The Meg
                        Sully
                        Entourage
                        The Legend of Tarzan
                        The Amazing Spider-Man
                        Underworld: Awakening
                        The Social Network
                        The Shining
                        The Amazing Spider-Man 2
                        So I Married an Axe Murderer
                        Elysium
                        American Sniper
                        Groundhog Day
                        The Smurfs
                        Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
                        Charlie's Angels
                        Spider-Man 3
                        Spider-Man 2
                        Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
                        Beetlejuice
                        National Lampoon's Vacation
                        Stripes
                        Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
                        Training Day
                        Captain Phillips
                        Unforgiven
                        Salt
                        Underworld: Evolution
                        Sherlock Holmes
                        This Is the End
                        The Dark Knight Rises
                        Space Jam
                        The Ugly Truth
                        Full Metal Jacket
                        Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
                        A Few Good Men
                        Spider-Man
                        Blade
                        Wild Things
                        The Patriot
                        Not Another Teen Movie
                        The Craft
                        Snatch
                        Starship Troopers
                        Goosebumps 1 & 2 (Bundle)
                        21 Jump Street
                        Bad Boys
                        Bad Boys II
                        Inception
                        Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
                        Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
                        Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
                        Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
                        Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
                        Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
                        Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
                        The Wedding Ringer
                        The Matrix
                        The Matrix Revolutions
                        The Matrix Reloaded
                        22 Jump Street
                        Ghostbusters (2016)
                        Roman J. Israel, Esq.
                        Boyz 'N the Hood
                        Hotel Transylvania
                        Life
                        Pineapple Express
                        Ghostbusters
                        Ghostbusters 2
                        Zombieland
                        The Angry Birds Movie
                        Pixels
                        Step Brothers (Theatrical)

Comment

My email listed:
                          4K UHD Upgrade Summary
                          Spider-Man Trilogy (Bundle)
                          From Here to Eternity
                          Oliver!
                          Blade Runner 2049
                          The Professional
                          Spider-Man: Homecoming
                          Baby Driver
                          Taxi Driver
                          The Fifth Element
                          Cliffhanger
                          The Professional
                          But Cliffhanger, Oliver!, Spider-man: homecoming, and Blade Runner 2049 were already 4k.

Comment

Yeah, this is totally confusing. I got an email that two titles were upgraded:

The Banana Splits Movie - originally redeemed via Movies Anywhere in HD now upgraded to UHD by Vudu. Still HD at other MA retailers.

Real Genius - originally purchased on iTunes in HD, already upgraded to 4K previously thru a code redemption on Movies Anywhere

Comment

I just saw mine..
                              Cool Hand Luke
                              Fright Night (1985)
                              The Nice Guys
                              Heavy Metal
                              Chappie / Elysium / District 9 (Bundle)
                              A Clockwork Orange
                              Labyrinth

Comment

Working...
                              X