Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

News from CES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News from CES

Originally posted by bqmeister View Post
    You really DON'T listen to user complaints about vudu, do you? Mocking the customer base is not the image vudu should be embracing.
    That's absolutely not correct. But the fact is when someone or a group of people who have never said a positive thing about the Vudu comes in an posts a gripe thread, it gets ignored really fast. This is particularly true if they have a habit of coming in every 1 to 2 months and never doing anything constructive in the forums. There's a big difference between a legitimate grip and being a troll.

So some people deserve to be mocked.

Comment

I can't quite tell if I'm being attacked or not? I didn't think I was but now I'm starting to wonder.

For the record - my Star Trek "jab" was simply that - A very light hearted jab at Star Trek. It had nothing to do with the Vudu nor was it intended to imply how I felt aout the upcoming HD titles.

Personally - I could care less if they release Debi Does Dallas or Winnie the Pooh as one of their 70 new HD titles. I do not expect to like every single one of the 70 new HD titles (although Debi Does Dallas in Hi Def might indeed be intriguing ). What I DO care about is that they are in fact releasing 70 new HD titles. This is HUGE progress.

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post
        I can't quite tell if I'm being attacked or not? I didn't think I was but now I'm starting to wonder.
        No, it wasn't you. You're a regular contributor here and I don't think you've ever exhibited anything close to trollish behavior!

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
          When the new HD titles are released, I guess we'll need a thread called "What I love/hate in the new HD titles"!

I don't think we will find somebody that "loves" every title. That's not what the surge in HD is going to be about. I'm pretty sure everybody will "hate" at least 1 or 2 titles. Hopefully every new HD movie in the collection will find some Vudu Viewers that love it (the producers/directors seemed to think making it was a good idea, of course the same can be said for Xanadu). Some couples LL be harshly divided in the home over whether or not to watch a movie that they fondly remember (or was that barely endured?) Some of the over achievers that hang out here will probably claim in Golum style to "hatesess the HDssss", well because they can. Anybody want to take bet's on some posterino starting a gripe thread saying "I can't believe Vudu had the nerve to release ________, therefore nobody should ever buy a Vudu again and the marketing people misled me!"

If you had to go into a typical multi screen Theater right now and watch the next 70 movies that they release, how many do you think you'd love, how many do you think you'd hate? Even better, send somebody with a blindfold into the Blockbuster and tell them to randomly select 70 films for you to watch. I bet we could find somebody who would hate most of them. Consider this list of 16 "new" shows being provided by one of my local theaters. I have not, and most likely will not see any of them in the Cinema (I hatesess the Chinemaaaa). If a gun was held to my head and I was asked if I'd LOVE/HATE to go through the doors and pay the $50+ it would cost to take the family in, I'd choose 3 of the 16:

HATE Alien vs. Predator
          HATE Alvin and the Chipmunks
          HATE Charlie Wilson's War
          HATE Enchanted
          LOVE I Am Legend
          HATE Juno
          LOVE National Treasure: Book of Secrets
          HATE One Missed Call
          HATE P.S. I Love You
          HATE Sweeney Todd
          LOVE Golden Compass
          HATE The Great Debaters
          HATE The Water Horse
          HATE Walk Hard

Now, my wife would maybe agree/tolerate 1 of the 3 I chose, and you can bet my 18 year old daughter and 21 year old son would make the odds of finding a winner for the whole group extremely low. However, when you put them all on my Vudu eventually, I'll probably take a chance on over half of them, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a sleeper in that list that the whole family ends up enjoying. And here's the part that will drive some of you nutz, I really don't care if I get to watch it the same day the DVD is on the streets, or a year later - not a priority in my life or values. I can't imagine having my day/week revolve around waiting for the next bone Hollywood throws. This is not to say that I don't believe that "same day release" is critical to some folks, I just have a totally different set of values and priorities than them. I know I'm not the only Vudu user who feels this way about their recreational entertainment options.

The news from CES isn't about delivering a ton of titles that you would have chosen - it's about the next step in Vudu's evolution - expanding the library of movies that you have to choose from, including several instant view HD selections. I do hope we very soon see many more "same day releases" like we did with Bourne Ultimatum, and it would not be because I'm jumping up and down with excitement to see them, it'll just be nice to stop having to read the same old gripes over and over and over again.
          Wow - quite a lengthy response. I would agree 100% here.

I think you may have taken mebby's and my offhand comments about Star Trek not being our thing a little too seriously.

Anyone who wants the box to succeed wants as much content as possible on there - only 20% of any given titles may interest me, but 20% of 10,000 is a lot better than 20% of 5,000...and so forth :-)

No doubt Vudu's on the right path...and I expect us to see lots of progress in 2008...this baby's not even 1 year old (at least publicly)

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
            You are soooooo right! I just want to laugh at the folks who are obsessed with HD resolution instead of movie plot content. I'll tell you right now that some scenes in the upcoming HD titles were filmed with less than outstanding quality by todays visual standards, but some folks gotta see the HD in the name or they feel like they are not being respected. I'd much rather watch a good movie in SD than a crappy movie in HD - and I'm watching on a 110" screen.
            Very true - HD matters to me for sports, and select movies...but for the average romantic comedy that my wife and I watch - will likely go with the $3.99 SD version rather than $5.99 for HD. It's too bad Hollywood charges differently for each, but that's the world we are in today.

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post

For the record - my Star Trek "jab" was simply that - A very light hearted jab at Star Trek. It had nothing to do with the Vudu nor was it intended to imply how I felt aout the upcoming HD titles.

Personally - I could care less if they release Debi Does Dallas or Winnie the Pooh as one of their 70 new HD titles. I do not expect to like every single one of the 70 new HD titles (although Debi Does Dallas in Hi Def might indeed be intriguing ). What I DO care about is that they are in fact releasing 70 new HD titles. This is HUGE progress.
              mebby - I thought the same thing, but shrugged it off as well

I probably haven't been around long enough to see the real negative "trolls" but in my short time on these forums it seems that most of the criticism is by folks who genuinely want the Vudu to get better. The mods here are very enthusiastic about the Vudu (a good thing) but occasionally the exuberance can appear to the unfamiliar eye as defensiveness, sarcasm, or condescension...none of which are welcoming to the new or potential customer.

This is just an observation of mine based on a few weeks of lurking / posting...I recognize the hard work you guys put in to keep the board clean, fair, and balanced. But I want this puppy to succeed just like the rest of you - and I'm sure the Vudu team and the VC backers that read this board enjoy the unfiltered customer feedback.

There's a difference between misinformation and opinion, and all I'd ask is for a bit more tolerance for those who share feedback (positive or negative) so long as they are not disrupting anything.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, the above was not aimed at anyone specifically.

...and we're officially way off topic

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
                I probably haven't been around long enough to see the real negative "trolls" but in my short time on these forums it seems that most of the criticism is by folks who genuinely want the Vudu to get better.
                Trust me. You missed a few.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
                  I think you may have taken mebby's and my offhand comments about Star Trek not being our thing a little too seriously.
                  No. Ed and I are sensitive guys but not that sensitive!

Your comments were actually quite funny. I could think of a comeback equally is funny but it gave me a good chuckle. Hey to each their own.

Comment

group hug???

lol

Comment

Originally posted by dg900rr View Post
                      group hug???

lol
                      Uh... no.

Comment

group hug???

lol
                        OK, if Andrea the Android is in the group I'll consider it, otherwise I'm with Mebbby on this matter....

Comment

I don't do Androids so I guess that just leaves us with a big "NO" on the group hug idea.

Comment

Can we at least stand in a big circle holding hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah?"

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                              Can we at least stand in a big circle holding hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah?"

hahahaha...

then we can toast mashmallows over the camp fire.

Comment

hahahaha...

then we can toast mashmallows over the camp fire.
                                Oh, not just toast marshmallows...I'll bring graham crackers (I even have some that are gluten free for those who are wheat or gluten intolerant) and Hershey bars....Then we can make s'mores!

Comment

Working...
                                X