Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

The Godfather and LOTR Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Godfather and LOTR Trilogy

Originally posted by OSUGrad2X View Post
    The download is dependent on the device. PS3 can view HDX so it can download HDX. PC can only view SD so it can download SD. I dont think bluray players have 10+gb of free space to download anything like this. I streamed some HDX and I like it, i never downloaded though.

The whole thing makes sense, can you really see a HD/SD difference on your phone or tablet? Now pc i can see the frustration and a lot of people expressed this already, it would be great to stream or download hdx from pc.
    You're kidding, right?

I'm perfectly fine with SD on my phone or tablet.

But I am NOT ok with SD on my PC. Not when I paid 150% more for HDX.

Like it or not, the studios will probably never let us download DRM-free movies (though there is hope, since the music industry lets us download DRM-free music).

So if the PC downloads are DRM protected, what logical reason could the studios have for making us download SD copies to our PCs? Especially when we paid 150% more for HDX?

There's only one reason: GREED. They are going to come back later and try to get us to buy another high-resolution copy again for our PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by chriv View Post
      You're kidding, right?

I'm perfectly fine with SD on my phone or tablet.

But I am NOT ok with SD on my PC. Not when I paid 150% more for HDX.

Like it or not, the studios will probably never let us download DRM-free movies (though there is hope, since the music industry lets us download DRM-free music).

So if the PC downloads are DRM protected, what logical reason could the studios have for making us download SD copies to our PCs? Especially when we paid 150% more for HDX?

There's only one reason: GREED. They are going to come back later and try to get us to buy another high-resolution copy again for our PCs.
      I hope thats not the case. If the option does become available we should be able to download hdx to a pc, it only makes sense since we paid for it. I think it will happen especially because iTunes and Amazon offers you an HD download. Vudu is just behind the curve a bit just like the android app.

The DRM concern you posed may be why Fox is not fully vested yet. They said they will wait for a "final" standard.

Comment

But I would pay $6 to put my LOTR Extended Edition trilogy "in the cloud IF they are available on Flixster too. I'm not falling for that trick twice either.
        Does anyone know if its available on flixster?

Also just curious are you mainly using vudu for mobile or are you streaming to your tv? I'm not sure if i would be doing D2D at all if i wasnt using a HDX device.

Comment

I hope thats not the case. If the option does become available we should be able to download hdx to a pc, it only makes sense since we paid for it. I think it will happen especially because iTunes and Amazon offers you an HD download. Vudu is just behind the curve a bit just like the android app.
          Unfortunately, it is ALREADY the case. I'll explain.

Part of the reason I did D2D is that UltraViolet is used by multiple providers (Vudu and Flixster are two examples). If you have the Flixster app on your Android, you can download or stream those movies on the same device. If you have Flixster on your PC, you can download or stream those movies (in SD) on your PC.

When I linked my UltraViolet account to Vudu, all my UltraViolet movies that I got from Flixster were immeadiately available in Vudu. I thought, "Wow, this is great! If I buy any UltraViolet movies, I'll be able to stream them on my Blu-ray player, my Android, and my PC. I'll spend the extra 150% to get HDX versions for my favorites."

I was wrong on some of those thoughts:
          1) Just because all of my Flixster movies were immediately available in Vudu when I linked the same UltraViolet account to Vudu, the converse is not true. Not all of my Vudu (UltraViolet) movies were immeadiately available in Flixster.
          2) I cannot download or stream on my PC or Android any Vudu/UltraViolet movies that are not already also available in Flixster (which at first was 60% of the movies I paid to convert).
          3) I got ripped off on buying HDX copies. Using the Flixster app, you can only stream or watch portable or SD versions of your UltraViolet movies on your PC or Android. Even if you paid for HDX!!!!

That's why I said you should pay $6 to get the SD versions of the LOTR Extended Editions in Vudu.

Assuming that they are also available in Flixster, you would only get to use the SD versions in the Flixster app (PC or Android), or on the Vudu website. EVEN IF YOU PAID FOR HDX!!!

If those same titles are not available in Flixster, you won't be able to watch them on your Android or PC AT ALL (except on Vudu.com in your browser).

You would not be able to enjoy your movies on your PC or Android in anything other than SD, even though you paid for HDX.

So HDX has no value to me. I paid for it once (for 10 movies), and I won't be tricked into paying for it again. But I might just buy the SD copies of LOTR Extended Editions IF they are also available on Flixster. To me, it is not worth 150% more money to ONLY have HDX available to me on 2 out of my 3 Blu-Ray players in my house, and not on any of my other devices (laptops, desktops, netbooks, my phone, my other Blu-ray player, etc.).

Comment

Do you own an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
            You can watch them in HD with that. Warner Brothers is suppose to make their site support HD at some point. I don't think Vudu has any control over not allowing HD viewing on a PC that is because of the Movie companies but since Itunes is allowing it I dont expect it will be too much longer that Vudu can do it. The engineers should be able to explain when that should occur. As far as HDX value unless you just have dvds are upconverting them the cost to do blu-ray to hd is the same 2 dollars. I'm pretty satisfied with the service but i stream all mine through my xbox 360.

Comment

Does anyone know if its available on flixster?

Also just curious are you mainly using vudu for mobile or are you streaming to your tv? I'm not sure if i would be doing D2D at all if i wasnt using a HDX device.
              I also want to know if the LOTR Extended Editions are available on Flixster before paying for D2D conversion.

I watch UltraViolet movies on my PCs, on 2/3 Blu-Ray players, and my Android phone. I don't care about having HDX on my Android phone (which has a big screen relative to most phones, but is still on 4.65").

I DO care that I cannot get HDX (that I PAID for) on my PC. That ****ed me off big-time.

I will not ever again pay for HDX while I cannot use HDX on my PC.

Nor will I ever again use the D2D program for movies that are available on Vudu, but not Flixster.If it's not on both, it has no value to me (since Vudu has no Android app or PC application).

Don't even get me started on no support for Linux and DRM!

Comment

I also want to know if the LOTR Extended Editions are available on Flixster before paying for D2D conversion.

I watch UltraViolet movies on my PCs, on 2/3 Blu-Ray players, and my Android phone. I don't care about having HDX on my Android phone (which has a big screen relative to most phones, but is still on 4.65").

I DO care that I cannot get HDX (that I PAID for) on my PC. That ****ed me off big-time.

Nor will I ever again use the D2D program for movies that are available on Vudu, but not Flixster.If it's not on both, it has no value to me (since Vudu has no Android app or PC application).

When UV launches their Common File Format in the coming months, you will be able to download all of your UV HD copies to your PC and play them.

Comment

Ok i see what you're saying. You're coming across what a lot of us users have found out a few months ago. The thing about Flixster is all their movies are SD. A lot of us dont redeem through them because of that reason. I redeemed Dark Knight bluray and got an SD copy then went and did D2D for a HD copy.

Flixster is owned by WB and they currently only give SD versions. There was some noise awhile ago about Flixster deciding to make the jump to HD with a home to digital app via Samsung Bluray players, but obviously that did not happen or is not available yet.

I dont have a standalone BD player, are you saying that HDX is not available on all players? If so that does suck. I stream via my PS3.

Comment

Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring on Flixster Aug 28:

http://www.flixster.com/ultraviolet/LOTRFellowship/

Comment

Its not just Vudu/D2D people. I redeemed Ghost Protocol and it was/is not available via Flixster. Actually right now my flixster account shows 0 in my collection when last week it said 68.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post

Thank you sir! Two Towers is there as well.

Comment

One question i have is why isn't vudu2go on your xbox360? I would like to download some of the movies that I own when I have no internet which is unfortuantely common during heavy rain storms and sometimes I just want to not be online connected with my 360 etc. Anyone know why vudu2go is not available on xbox or ps3?

Comment

Originally posted by mgfloy03 View Post
                            Do you own an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
                            You can watch them in HD with that. Warner Brothers is suppose to make their site support HD at some point. I don't think Vudu has any control over not allowing HD viewing on a PC that is because of the Movie companies but since Itunes is allowing it I dont expect it will be too much longer that Vudu can do it.
                            I don't have a PS3 or XBox 360. I do have a Wii, but it's 480p output sucks for Netflix streaming (so it would suck for Vudu streaming if it's available).

As far as Vudu not having control over not having HDX available on PCs: It's not my fault Vudu sucks in their contract negotiations. Why should I be penalized because Vudu was not intelligent enough to insist on providing HDX on PCs to customers PAYING 150% MORE for HDX. The Vudu icon on my Blu-ray players say "HD Movies." They don't say "HD movies on this device, SD movies on your PC." It's a deceptive business practice, and both the movie studios and Vudu are at fault. I filed a complaint about this to the FTC. Hopefully, other people will also do the same.

On a sidebar, I felt the same way about Netflix giving in to the movie studios and not renting movies from certain studios until 28 days AFTER the disc versions were available. Netflix was so concerned about building up it's streaming service and the thought of losing some studios's content for their streaming customers, that they had a poor bargaining position with the studios, and they threw both their disc and their streaming customers under the bus. Again, it's not my fault that Netflix sucks in contract negotiations. They should have told the studios to "Go to H***," and done the following:
                            1) Ignored the movie studios demand to wait 28 days before rental copies
                            2) Continued buying physical media from alternative sources (instead of directly through the studios)
                            3) Bought enough physical media to cover every simultaneous digital stream for ALL their movies
                            4) Streamed without the studios permission.
                            5) As long as Netflix has enough physical copies of the movies to cover every simultaneous stream that they provide, then they have a strong legal position against the studios. If they hit the simultaneous stream limit, they can just temporarily suspend additional streams for that movie until the count comes down again.
                            6) I don't buy the argument that the DVDs and Blu-ray discs I pay for are licensed, not purchased. BS. I paid for them, they are mine. I will use them as I see fit, and as long as I don't go distributing copies of the media on those discs to other people, it's my prerogative. I also WILL rip my discs to put digital copies on devices in my household. I may upload the same contents to cloud providers so that I can watch my movies away from home as well.

In summary, it's not my fault that Vudu and Netflix are poor contract negotiators. Why should I be penalized?

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post

Thank you very much for the info!

Comment

Ok i see what you're saying. You're coming across what a lot of us users have found out a few months ago. The thing about Flixster is all their movies are SD. A lot of us dont redeem through them because of that reason. I redeemed Dark Knight bluray and got an SD copy then went and did D2D for a HD copy.

Flixster is owned by WB and they currently only give SD versions. There was some noise awhile ago about Flixster deciding to make the jump to HD with a home to digital app via Samsung Bluray players, but obviously that did not happen or is not available yet.

I dont have a standalone BD player, are you saying that HDX is not available on all players? If so that does suck. I stream via my PS3.
                                I can almost buy the Flixster is SD only argument, except for the fact that if I use my browser on my PC at vudu.com (not Flixster), I'm still forced to watch my vudu.com purchased HDX movies in SD.

HDX is available on both of my Blu-Ray players that have Vudu. My other Blu-Ray player only has Netflix, Pandora, and YouTube (hence, I cannot watch my UltraViolet movies on my 3rd Blu-Ray player). Sorry if that was confusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X