Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Alphabetize

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alphabetize

This feature is desperately needed. This is a basic feature. Nothing to crazy, just a sort feature.

I also want tv shows on disc to digital.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm guessing the feature wasn't all that necessary before UV. How many people bought 500 to 1000 movies from Vudu before then? Probably none. UV and Disc 2 Digital make this a must have function.

Comment

Originally posted by craiggers88
        Thanks Vudu for allowing me to spend a couple thousand dollars and not freaking help me watching anything because I cannot find anything at all! Thanks!

Add some sorting function... PLEASE
        How do you have Iron Man and Thor in your account? D2D or did you buy them?

But on topic, not having a sorting function is inexcusable. Vudu has their head up their a**es if they think we believe them when they say it isn't possible. Its already a feature on the Vudu website just two tabs to the left!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nygiantsfan3342 View Post
          How do you have Iron Man and Thor in your account? D2D or did you buy them?

But on topic, not having a sorting function is inexcusable. Vudu has their head up their a**es if they think we believe them when they say it isn't possible. Its already a feature on the Vudu website just two tabs to the left!!!
          Good point. You mean the "Sort" feature under "Browse"...

Comment

I agree it's inexcusable. I'll never have 100s of movies to sort through, but some people already do. I'd be pulling my hair out if I had to browse hundreds of my own movies to find a specific one.

Comment

I'm up to 130+ Titles. If Vudu doesn't ever fix it, I'm hoping when the CFF format is released and by the time set top boxes support it, that there will be other retailers that I will be able to stream from that don't have this issue.

I imagine companies like Microsoft could just support UV with Xbox Movies and we could then use there app to watch or maybe the Nook Video service that is coming in the near future. At least that's the benefit of using UV.

Comment

I'll probably end up jumping ship from Vudu once more websites start to support UV if they don't do something to fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nygiantsfan3342 View Post
                  How do you have Iron Man and Thor in your account?
                  They were/are available on Vudufor pirchase, but are not UV enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                    They were/are available on Vudufor pirchase, but are not UV enabled.
                    They are UV enabled now. I had them d2d at when the program first started. They've removed them from d2d since. The UV logo had also been removed, but it is now back.

Comment

Ironman is not UV for me.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                        They are UV enabled now. I had them d2d at when the program first started. They've removed them from d2d since. The UV logo had also been removed, but it is now back.
                        The logo will be on your page for the movie because you got in while it was still in UV. Same happens with my Iron Man. But no way to get UV for those movies anymore.

Comment

+1

Two more observations.

1) The friggin Vudu XBOX app allows alphebetical sorting (among others).

2) Even UVVU has alphabetical sorting on its site.

Honestly, the reverse chron is befuddling as a default option. If it disappeared from existence, I doubt I'd miss it.

Using the search box would work (1) if I knew what I wanted to watch, and (2) I was watching on a device where using the search feature is less time consuming/frustrating that scanning through the reverse chron.

Comment

So are they saying that VUDU will not continue to evolve? Just adding new movies to the site doesn't do much to keep customers or bring on new customers in my opinion.

If they don't grow their services and don't attempt to address customer complaints then the service will die. Eventually something better will come along and take it's place.

I would hate to see Vudu go away because, in my opinion, Vudu is a really good service and has the potential to be a great one.

Here are seven VERY SIMPLE things Vudu could do to improve:

1. We need the ability to sort our video library (?My Movies? and ?My TV? under the ?My Vudu? tab). This is functionality that should already be there, and as pointed out by others, it's functionality that can easily be added. As a software developer I know that this functionality could quickly and easily be added.

2. The Disc to Digital service at Walmart is really nice, but television shows are missing. It would be nice if we could convert many of our television shows so we could watch them in the cloud also.

3. We need the ability to stream on Android devices. After all, there are more Android devices in use than Apple.

4. More control over which movies can be viewed on devices in our home. Some PG-13 movies may be okay for children while others are not. I think we should be able to pick and choose which movies can be viewed on the various televisions and devices. I have this same issue with Netflix. I want to be able to have control over what my kids are watching.

5. The prices to rent a movie still seems high to me. It seems strange to me that companies like Vudu, Amazon, and CinamaNow can?t compete with RedBox. I have not rented very many movies on Vudu because I can get 3 movies from RedBox for the same price that I rent a single movie from Vudu. I don?t mind paying a little more for Vudu rentals because of the extra convenience, but I feel they are overcharging for rentals by about $2.00.

6. They have very poor customer service! According to Walmart employees, they don't even work with them very well either. Walmart needs to be trained on how to convert discs to digital. I have tried four stores in my area and only one store has 2 employees that have been able to figure it out. I should be able to go to the Walmart closest to my home for this! I should be able to easily contact a customer service rep or even a technical person when I have a problem, a question, or even a suggestion for making VUDU better. I asked Amazon.com if I could transfer movies in my Video library on their site to Vudu and they of course said no, but they then said that it sounded like a great idea and they passed that request on to their technical personal to see if they wanted to try to build that functionality. This is the attitude that VUDU needs!

7. We need a way to view new releases for Disc to Digital. That is, we need a way to view what movies have been made available and the list should be sorted by the date it was made available for Disc to Digital.

Comment

Didn't you already post your plan for Vudu's success in another thread! (Yes, you did)

Comment

Yes I did! Glad someone is paying attention!

I will post as frequent and often. As a customer I deserve to be heard by Vudu and not ignored and blown off as they have done in the past when I entered tickets for support.

Amazon has listened to my requests and they claim to be working on a couple of my requests and looking into others. If Amazon makes the simple software changes to meet my needs then I will probably stop using Vudu. The down side is that I doubt Amazon will ever have the Disc to Digital service thay Walmart and Vudu have, but who knows...maybe something better will come along in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X