Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walmart vudu promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walmart vudu promotions

Originally posted by mgfloy03 View Post
    Only vudu could answer the question about multiple pre-orders

the number on the case for questions is 1-888-223-4369 that is for foxconnect.com
    I meant to purchase at Wal-Mart actually. Not redeem with Vudu. One for me and one for someone else.

Comment

You get an empty case with a code to pre-order on vudu. Once you do Wal-Mart will mail it to your address.
      If you get it for two people - you could create a new vudu account and put in their address and have it sent there. I dunno what the options are for buying two copies on one account. I'm just talking about the pre-order cases. I wouldn't know how to pre-order only in store. I've only seen game codes and these vudu Blu-ray offers.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
        Can you buy two copies of the same pre-order per visit or is there a limit ?
        The VUDU code for CR or QoS is independent of the other code. I was able to buy two, and redeem two of the bonus code.
        Fair warning though- I was going to redeem both of the Skyfall preorders giving the second to my father for his birthday but the second one error'ed out. So I gave the code to my dad to redeem on his own, and it error'd out on his end too. He wrote to CS about it.
        But I assume the first code wasn't part of the problem of the second thing.

Comment

Ok went out on the long journey to my closest Wal-Mart which also happens to be a Wal-Mart Super Center to do my FIRST Wal-Mart pre-order.

Some observations and questions.

OMG are the pre-order prices CHEAP. Lower than I found anywhere else, by far compared to anyone else. When you add in the "extras" which I'm sure Wal-Mart has to pay for they HAVE to be doing this as a loss leader???

Items not on pre-order all seemed much higher than I've seen elsewhere. I would have bought some other titles but they were like $5+ more than elsewhere. Are there deals to be had on non-pre-order titles?

Some titles had the $4 Disc2Digital. I take it these count against the max of five total coupons right? The ONLY things that don't are the non-dollar free movie ones right?

The new-releases and pre-order section was small. Just an end-cap and even at that they only had DVD for some new titles. There wasn't even a spot for the Blu-Ray, nowhere in the movie section. It was like this for many titles, no blu-ray version. Again typical. I understand times might be hard for people but you can get Blu-Ray players for under $50 now a days if you look. Do people (at Wal-Mart) still but more DVD than Blu-Ray? To save the $5 per title?

Extra for the new-release / pre-order "end-cap" the rest of the movie section be it DVD or Blu-Ray were 90% empty. I mean there was like 1-2 copies of most titles where the rack looks like it can hold 6-10 of each title. And with that there was many empty spots. Titles were not where the label or shelf planner they had in plain sight said they should be. There also seemed like there was some category sections and in alpha order but none of it seemed logical and there no labels. I couldn't tell if DVD's were supposed to be with their Blu-Ray titles as well or in a separate spot. Does any of this make any sense?

I didn't think I would get the empty box to take home. I thought it was a just to take to counter and you would get a print-out. Would seem SOOO much less expensive for them but I guess plastic is cheap?

I would TOTALLY go back, but only for pre-order movies. Since they mail it too you I would think you could just do it online. Perhaps that's "advertising" and they can't do it, or don't want to, store traffic?

Is there somewhere that calenders what pre-order titles go live, which days, hopefully with pricing?

Comments anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
            Ok went out on the long journey to my closest Wal-Mart which also happens to be a Wal-Mart Super Center to do my FIRST Wal-Mart pre-order.

Some observations and questions.

OMG are the pre-order prices CHEAP. Lower than I found anywhere else, by far compared to anyone else. When you add in the "extras" which I'm sure Wal-Mart has to pay for they HAVE to be doing this as a loss leader???

Items not on pre-order all seemed much higher than I've seen elsewhere. I would have bought some other titles but they were like $5+ more than elsewhere. Are there deals to be had on non-pre-order titles?

Some titles had the $4 Disc2Digital. I take it these count against the max of five total coupons right? The ONLY things that don't are the non-dollar free movie ones right?

The new-releases and pre-order section was small. Just an end-cap and even at that they only had DVD for some new titles. There wasn't even a spot for the Blu-Ray, nowhere in the movie section. It was like this for many titles, no blu-ray version. Again typical. I understand times might be hard for people but you can get Blu-Ray players for under $50 now a days if you look. Do people (at Wal-Mart) still but more DVD than Blu-Ray? To save the $5 per title?

Extra for the new-release / pre-order "end-cap" the rest of the movie section be it DVD or Blu-Ray were 90% empty. I mean there was like 1-2 copies of most titles where the rack looks like it can hold 6-10 of each title. And with that there was many empty spots. Titles were not where the label or shelf planner they had in plain sight said they should be. There also seemed like there was some category sections and in alpha order but none of it seemed logical and there no labels. I couldn't tell if DVD's were supposed to be with their Blu-Ray titles as well or in a separate spot. Does any of this make any sense?

I didn't think I would get the empty box to take home. I thought it was a just to take to counter and you would get a print-out. Would seem SOOO much less expensive for them but I guess plastic is cheap?

I would TOTALLY go back, but only for pre-order movies. Since they mail it too you I would think you could just do it online. Perhaps that's "advertising" and they can't do it, or don't want to, store traffic?

Is there somewhere that calenders what pre-order titles go live, which days, hopefully with pricing?

Comments anyone ?
            They really need to advertise these promotions more on Vudu.com and elsewhere if possible as they really are great deals especially when they throw in extra movies. That is what sells me, give me more movies, not extra features I am unlikely to watch. As it is though the only way you see these deals is in Walmart stores if you can find the right shelf or if people mention them on this forum. I would like a weekly specials section on vudu.com for in-store movie promotions at Walmart that I can check.

Comment

Originally posted by seregloth View Post
              The VUDU code for CR or QoS is independent of the other code. I was able to buy two, and redeem two of the bonus code.
              Fair warning though- I was going to redeem both of the Skyfall preorders giving the second to my father for his birthday but the second one error'ed out. So I gave the code to my dad to redeem on his own, and it error'd out on his end too. He wrote to CS about it.
              So I assume the Vudu copy of the first Twilight movie is at least in HDX? Not showing as Ultraviolet yet either I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
                So I assume the Vudu copy of the first Twilight movie is at least in HDX? Not showing as Ultraviolet yet either I suppose?
                I'll let you know in a bit. Need to finish up some other work. I got the Bond and Twilight pre-orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
                  Ok this is curious. I don't think I understood it check out and now I'm not sure if it's correct.

You can buy:
                  1) Breaking Dawn Part 2 - $20
                  OR
                  2) Breaking Dawn Part 1 AND 2 - $25

I didn't have any of the Twilight's, not a huge fan, but ehh whatever I got # 2 - Breaking Dawn 1 & 2.

I redeemed and it said it was giving me:
                  Twilight (1)
                  Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part 1 (4 of 5)
                  Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part 2 (5 of 5)

Didn't somehow grasp I was getting THREE movies since BD #1 has been out. Also weird I would now have 1, 4 & 5 with one purchase but no 2 or 3, ok whatever.

I goto My Movies and I have Twilight (avail now) in HDX, cool. I also have BD Part 2 (avail 3/2) in HDX. There is also also two short featurette's. But there is NO BD Part 1.

I'm like wait BD Part 1 has been out for a while. I check the box again and it says I get BD Part 2 & Part 1 on 3/2. Again weird that Part 1 is 3/2. But wait the box says that Part 1 is the "Extended Edition" and what Vudu has for Part 1 is the "Regular Edition" so ok fine I have till 3/2 for both.

BUT what Vudu shows is clearly the Part 2 Cover and It says Part 2 and "inside" it only shows Twilight, BD Part 2 and the two featurette's. It doesn't show BD Part 1 at all.

It looks like it redeemed for the $20 Pre-Order without Part 1????

Another weird thing is that in small print under "DB Part 1 - Extended Edition" it also says "Theatrical Edition Also Included" which again in on Vudu so it makes it seem extra wrong.

AM I missing something ?!?!?!?!?

Also checked and none of these state UV Locker either.

I also got an email confirmation and it doesn't state anything about Part 1 either, only Part 2.
                  Last edited by jeremymc7; 01-30-2013, 12:16 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by seregloth View Post
                    Does anyone know if the CR or QoS code you get redeems HDX? If it does, getting this pre-order for $18.96 would be an INCREDIBLE deal. UV or not, getting 2 HDX movies for under $20 would be unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
                      Does anyone know if the CR or QoS code you get redeems HDX? If it does, getting this pre-order for $18.96 would be an INCREDIBLE deal. UV or not, getting 2 HDX movies for under $20 would be unreal.
                      Bought two copies of Skyfall, both CR and QoS redeem in HDX as well as Skyfall.

Comment

Originally posted by woodrowjr View Post
                        Bought two copies of Skyfall, both CR and QoS redeem in HDX as well as Skyfall.
                        I should have bought two, DARN. Guess I'll have to go back.

Comment

Ok just did Skyfall

Skyfall redeemed for HDX and states UV Locker

I selected Casino Royale over Quantum of Solace and it redeemed for HDX as well. NO UV Locker. I checked Quantum of Solace as well and it doesn't state UV locker either.

This pre-order went good.

Comment

jeremymc7

I think since the copy of BD part 1 that your getting with the preorder is the extended eddition that's why it has the same available date as BD part 2.
                            This ver hasn't been released yet.

and from the way the movies you described have the numbering system, I guess if and when the other movies in the series get released on Vudu they will be numbered as:

Twilight - New Moon (2 of 5)
                            Twilight - Eclipse (3 of 5)

Just a guess?

Comment

Also did it group the 2 Breaking Dawn movies together as like a series ?

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                                Also did it group the 2 Breaking Dawn movies together as like a series ?
                                No, not anywhere in the group is there any BD Part 1, be it Extended which is out 3/2 or Theatrical which has been on Vudu. But the original "Twilight" is there.

I've tried to attach a screenshot put it just keeps failing without saying file. I've got supported type, size, and resolution. I've make it smaller and change the types and still fails.

Comment

Working...
                                X