Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

I wish I could convert my Blu-rays, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I wish I could convert my Blu-rays, but...

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
    I finally decided to buy this external Blu-ray drive because apparently it works fine with Macs and PCs. Well, after struggling with UDP drivers and other crap, I finally have it recognizing Blu-ray discs on my old XP machine, but neither Vudu nor CinemaNow D2D seem to see it. Here's a screenshot with the messages and the disc showing in Explorer. The "Waiting for disc" never seemed to go away or change...unless I put a DVD in the internal F: optical drive.

Anyone got any ideas? I know this is still beta, but I'm willing to test and experiment. (And when this is released, I'm sure I won't be the only one with an older computer and an external Blu-ray drive.)

I've had the same issue for MONTHS. I don't know what it is. The XP laptop see's the drive, I can access the files, but it's just the same problem you have.

I tried getting emulation working on the Mac (primary machine) to run vudu but it's such a head ache. Still can't get it.

I got work to let me install in on my work laptop only to have vudu get stuck in a loop after a few discs. Work isn't going to approval uninstalling Vudu and Adobe Air, just to install it again, especially not knowing if it will just end up in a loop.

Unless the XP laptop can be supported with Vudu issue or Mac can get it's app I'm SOL. Unless I go buy another 3rd laptop just to do D2D with Vudu.

Ack.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have an external blu ray drive connected to a windows 8 PC. The Vudu to Go program will recognize DVDs, but won't recognize blu rays.

Comment

I've had some success, that while you are waiting.....you would press cancel, then press the add disc button. It was a 50/50 crap shoot, but it recognized 1/3 of the ones it said it didn't recognize moments before. I also realize this is a beta version, but would like to add/ask another question of these errors that are popping up.

When I put in my Blu-ray's and it cannot identify the title, it asks to type in the title. You find it and then it says it is going to manually verify said title(s) and contact me when they do so. I've been using this for a month now and there are around 10 titles that had this very error. I have never been contacted, whether through e-mail or phone call. I spoke with a VUDU rep over the phone and as far as they knew, nothing was amiss. So as far as we know, we are inputting titles that are supposedly being verified by VUDU support, but not a single thing is being forwarded to the right people that can verify and fix our bugs with the software.

I'm all for improving this to be as accurate as possible, but it would be nice to hear from a moderator here to pass on our concerns about these things. Telling me to e-mail every time isn't the answer, when my understanding is the program says it is doing this automatically. Here's to improvement and hope these things get resolved soon.

Comment

I'm dealing with the same thing, except I'm on a Mac running Windows in BootCamp, computer sees Blu-rays just fine but Vudu app doesn't at all...

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard421 View Post
            I'm dealing with the same thing, except I'm on a Mac running Windows in BootCamp, computer sees Blu-rays just fine but Vudu app doesn't at all...

What operating system are you using. This is documented as a problem with XP, for some reason. Win 7 & 8 are "supposed" to work.

Comment

They need to a make a beta of Vudu home d2d for the PS3 since that you be almost the same hardware combinations compared to Windows and Mac OS that have millions of combinations. Then they could expand to other blu-ray players.

Comment

I have the same problem on my XP laptop. I can see the BD disc and contents in explorer. Vudu To Go can see the DVD I put in the USB Bluray drive...but when I put a BD in the drive the Vudu software just loops forever and doesn't seem to read the bluray disc at all.

Comment

I had success on XP --

I used virtualbox to install windows 7 on a virtual machine, set the bd-rom to "pass through" (this setting is required) then I was able to successfully get a Blu-ray recognized by the app.

Comment

I finally gqve up on many attempts of trying to get XP working on three different machines and multiple emulators on Mac.

I just broke down and bought a used Win 7 machine to get something working since Vudu can't even get past the current beta let alone on other equipment.

Jeremy

Comment

Hello everyone,

So I finally took advantage of Ultraviolet and Vudu and love the service. I have used the Vudu D2D at home Beta to successfully convert DVD's to HDX versions.

Having said that, I have a ton of Blu-rays that I would like to convert. Since some of you have had difficulty with external blu-ray players I was wondering if anyone had advice on a particular drive that might be a good option to buy which people have had success with.

I have two laptops at home. One of the is running Windows XP, the other is running Windows 7.

I'm just hoping to avoid spending $100 for a drive or more and then having it not work.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Rudymedina1 View Post
                        Hello everyone,

So I finally took advantage of Ultraviolet and Vudu and love the service. I have used the Vudu D2D at home Beta to successfully convert DVD's to HDX versions.

Having said that, I have a ton of Blu-rays that I would like to convert. Since some of you have had difficulty with external blu-ray players I was wondering if anyone had advice on a particular drive that might be a good option to buy which people have had success with.

I have two laptops at home. One of the is running Windows XP, the other is running Windows 7.

I'm just hoping to avoid spending $100 for a drive or more and then having it not work.

Thanks for your help
                        I think your best best would be on the windows 7 machine. Also, you can find cheap blu ray drives now. I got one for about $40 shipped off ebay and it works great. If you want a burner then it will be more. External Blu ray player are pretty cheap. External blu ray burners are still pricey.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help
                          I don't recall anyone having issues with Blu-Ray's. This issue has been with the OS. XP doesn't seem to work for anyone. Mac isn't here yet. If I remember correctly no one has has any problems with Win 7. I'm sure Win 8 works just fine.

I couldn't get XP to work on any of three different machines / configs. I've got two Win 7 machines to work without even trying. I couldn't get any Win emulation to work on Mac but some have.

I've used three different external blu-rays and all have worked across all three different Win 7 systems.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                            I've used three different external blu-rays and all have worked across all three different Win 7 systems.
                            Thanks everyone for the responses.

I found this drive on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Ray-USB-Ex...pr_product_top

Now in order to use VUDU at home with Blu-ray discs, do I need to be able to play the Blu-ray on the PC, or is it enough if the player recognizes the disc?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I found this drive on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Ray-USB-Ex...pr_product_top

Now in order to use VUDU at home with Blu-ray discs, do I need to be able to play the Blu-ray on the PC, or is it enough if the player recognizes the disc?
                              You just need windows to recognize it as a drive. Player software is not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                                You just need windows to recognize it as a drive. Player software is not needed.

Yes, windows just needs to see the drive and be able to access the disc to verify some data on the disc.

That said Windows XP can do that same thing but for some reason undisclosed by Vudu the D2D program currently breaks with Blu-Ray disc and XP. It's not a matter of XP not originally supporting blu-ray either as the correct codes, drivers, software can be installed easily so you access, view, and play on XP but D2D is still unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X