Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disc to Digital Mobile: Only your smartphone required! 👍

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disc to Digital Mobile: Only your smartphone required! 👍

Felipe - where do you want us to list non-working eligible D2D titles/formats.

For example - my MANHATTAN NIGHT DVD is recognized but my MANHATTAN NIGHT BR is not.

Should we list TITLE / FORMAT / UPC so the app's database can be updated/fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
      Can I visit a Walmart Store to convert my discs to digital?

After April 1, 2017, we will no longer be offering In-store conversion. But you don't need it anyway now that you can convert In-app starting today! Converting via our app or Vudu To Go saves you time and a trip.

Disc to Digital FAQs

https://vudu.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/189/
      In theory that is excellent, but in reality it is already being reported that many titles listed as eligible are not working. I hope that the issues are just part of growing pains and not like the issues that have reported for in-store/in-home D2D over the years that never got addressed. I think this method has great potential and hope that Vudu proactively addresses issue in a timely manner.

Comment

Originally posted by oneway23 View Post
        Thank you for that confirmation, Felipe. That is unfortunate news, but, I certainly understand why this is the case going forward. What would we do in the future with all UPC codes for legitimately purchased blu-rays and/or boxed sets which are not registering for the app, such as the boxed sets I listed in my above post. (Superman Collection, The Godfather, LOTR extended, etc.)?
        Box sets are not eligible for D2D. Neither are foreign (UK, Canada, etc.) UPCs.

Comment

Wasn't one of the reason for the 50% discount on 10 or more because the VuduToGo disc recognition was still not properly working?
          If the new mobile app has recognition issues, I'd think Vudu would keep the 50% off, rather than deal with the extra complaints.

Comment

Wow...things are going in the wrong direction now.

Why on Earth should box sets not be eligible? Currently (or at least, last night) I was able to scan in individual movies from box sets, including ones that I imported from Amazon.uk.

Comment

I would say that instead of having to bring in a programmer, they can now fix it themselves entering new UPC codes

That being said, the same discs that were broken before are still broken, and ones that used to work on the PC are broken. Already filed a case.

Hopefully reports we make of broken UPC won't be ignored like the disc fingerprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Bickle View Post
                I would say that instead of having to bring in a programmer, they can now fix it themselves entering new UPC codes

That being said, the same discs that were broken before are still broken, and ones that used to work on the PC are broken. Already filed a case.

Hopefully reports we make of broken UPC won't be ignored like the disc fingerprints.
                Does the PC program still work as it did?

Comment

I'm sorry, Felipe...I do not intend for you to take this as an attack, but, that is obscene.

Vudu clearly offers all of the box sets I've mentioned as bundles on their website.

Are you saying that your customers have to disregard the funding they've spent on these lavish boxed sets and buy them for a second time just to watch them digitally, despite the fact that you are offering a service for a fee which would allow this?

Comment

Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post
                    Wow...things are going in the wrong direction now.

Why on Earth should box sets not be eligible? Currently (or at least, last night) I was able to scan in individual movies from box sets, including ones that I imported from Amazon.uk.
                    I'm sorry, Felipe...I do not intend for you to take this as an attack, but, that is obscene.

Vudu clearly offers all of the box sets I've mentioned as bundles on their website.

Are you saying that your customers have to disregard the funding they've spent on these lavish boxed sets and buy them for a second time just to watch them digitally, despite the fact that you are offering a service for a fee which would allow this?
                    Guys, box sets have never been eligible for D2D. You CAN still add the titles individually though, so using D2D to get digital copies is still very much an option...

Comment

Not just dedicated box sets are impacted. There are tons of those three blu-ray sets from studios (like Constantine/V for Vendetta/Watchmen) where the included discs are exactly the same as those sold individually, but the package has a single barcode. With the disc scanning app, each one is viewed as individual movies, as they should be, offering three different purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Strother View Post
                        Felipe - where do you want us to list non-working eligible D2D titles/formats.

For example - my MANHATTAN NIGHT DVD is recognized but my MANHATTAN NIGHT BR is not.

Should we list TITLE / FORMAT / UPC so the app's database can be updated/fixed?
                        Go ahead and start a new thread. Please note whether it's a DVD or Blu-ray. No box set UPCs or foreign UPCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                          Guys, box sets have never been eligible for D2D, this is nothing new. You CAN still add the individual titles...
                          True, I imagine, as long as the disc scanning app is still working as it was.

Comment

Guys, box sets have never been eligible for D2D. You CAN still add the titles individually though, so using D2D to get digital copies is still very much an option...
                            Thank you!

If your box set has individual UPCs for each title and we have that UPC in our database, then you can convert those titles. If there's only one UPC for all titles included, then that will not work unfortunately. Same goes for any disc bundles as well.

Comment

How would I handle LOTH Extended Edition Trilogy, Superman Collection, ect., for which there are no individual barcodes on the individual cases or discs? Would a USB bluray drive help me, and does it need to be a certain type?
                              I know nothing about this, as I have not had a PC with a DVD slot since I had an old Plextor DVD drive around 2009.
                              Thank you

Comment

How would I handle LOTH Extended Edition Trilogy, Superman Collection, ect., for which there are no individual barcodes on the individual cases or discs? Would a USB bluray drive help me, and does it need to be a certain type?
                                I know nothing about this, as I have not had a PC with a DVD slot since I had an old Plextor DVD drive around 2009.
                                Thank you
                                Yes, you'd have to scan the individual discs using a blu-ray drive, or scan the DVDs and upgrade them. I picked up an external LG Blu-ray player/burner from Best Buy yesterday for about $90. It can be used with a laptop using two usb ports. It works fine for D2D, no time at all to set it up.

But, not all discs scan right, and I don't think it's the drive. In terms of box sets....my Alien Quadrilogy (North America) successfully scanned Alien, it gave me the option for theatrical or extended for Aliens, then couldn't recognize Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection. For my Die Hard box set (North America), they all worked fine except for Die Hard 2. That wasn't recognized. For my Lethal Weapon box set (UK), I put in Lethal Weapon 2 (I already had an UV copy of 1) and it asked which of the 4 movies it was. I selected #2. After that, the third and fourth movies were not recognized. So it isn't perfect, probably because box sets like this aren't really supported, but it can work with varying success.

Comment

Working...
                                X