Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Problem with VuDu and PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with VuDu and PS3

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
    Darren,

I apologize, as of yet we have not been able to figure out a settings change that will allow the PS3 to connect when using this particular belkin router. We will keep working to find a fix.
    Well, this is a start. At least now I know for sure that you guys have recognized that their is indeed a problem here and are working on a fix. Its just very frustrating because I absolutely love the site. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'm having the same problem, I hope you guys can find a fix. I've been able to watch one movie in 4 weeks, I loved the quality.

Comment

I have VUDU on my ps3 and i tried to watch Knight and Day i was given a credit so the movie was free but when we tried to watch the movie it looked garbled and then it said i was disconnected from the VUDU server . I run 16megs of megs of internet so connection is not a problem... i just dont understand what the deal with that was. I would like to get recredited for the movie that i didnt get to watch but if i can t thats cool if anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Kay,

Send me your email address in a private message

Comment

Same issue here. It used to work just fine before. I hadn't used Vudu in a few weeks, and when I fired up the PS3 app last night, I was prompted to update, so I did. After that, all I get is this error. I've restarted my PS3, my router (an old Apple Airport Extreme base station), and my cable modem. No luck.
            Like I said, it worked fine before the update, and now, after the update, and with no changes to my network setup, it simply will not work.

Comment

USN,

What is the exact error message that you are getting?

Comment

I have the Belkin wireless G router everyone else on this thread is talking about. Vudu used to work fine before the software upgrade. Once I upgraded, it worked OK for a couple of sessions, then I started getting the same errors other people have referenced:

Failed to fetch and
                Error: Downloading bundle

I stopped trying for several weeks, then on a whim, I tried last weekend. I was able to rent/watch a movie then, so I tried again last night and it was not working. Same errors and I noticed it kicked me out of my PSN account.

This is so frustrating! VUDU is killer when it works and I would love to use it more often. I'm sure they are losing revenue from this bug, so I'm surprised they have let it go this long w/o a solution.

Comment

We are studying on this issue. So far we can only reproduce this problem with the Belkin F5D7230-4. Please send us your router make and model if it is not the same one.

Thanks,
                  LLN

Comment

We have studied the situation and found out that this Belkin router F5D7230-4 and PS3 setup can only work when user chooses to DISABLE the Firewall. For some reason the router detect traffic from PS3 to be DoS and blocked all traffic.

I would recommend to replace this very old and slow router.

LLN

Comment

This App worked only 1 time on my PS3 and after the app has been updated couple of months ago, it never worked since then. It would throw error: Unable to download hte bundle. Try again.....etc. It never worked and I have seen many ppl complain on this forum with similar issues. I dont understand why a Belkin router could be an issue? I even dont understand why a new updated version is released....

Comment

Count me as another having issues with getting my PS3 to work with Vudu.

I am using a PS3 on a wired connection to a D-Link hub behind a AT&T Uverse 2Wire router/modem.

I have tried configuring it so that ports 8100-8199 are open in my firewall. I have also tried putting the PS3 in the DMZ and I have also disabled my Media Server connection.

When I try to run VUDU, it gets to the point of trying to download movies and it says Failed to Fetch and the Error in Downloading bundle.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I started having the same problem as posted above after the following happenings, which made me very suspicious of AT&T blocking/limiting bandwidth to some competitor services.
                          I was able to stream VUDU high-def videos from both my PS3 and PC through Boxee without any problems. Recently my internet started to become slower and slower for certain heavy downloading and video streaming. This is actually the second time this happens to me.
                          So the first time I called AT&T and mentioned that I was experiencing slow connection speeds. BTW, I have their DSL Elite package. They made me go through that BS procedure that they always do: unplug modem, disconnect router, connect computer directly to modem, restart computer and router and "voila" everything is working perfect now. Speed test (speedtest.net) is up in the 5-6mbps range. Even though before calling them I had just done the same procedure (unplug modem, disconnect router, etc.) and it didn't improve my connection speed which was at 1mbps (per speedtest.net) just before calling AT&T.
                          Anyhow.. During three to four months after that magic call with AT&T, my internet speed seemed to be what I had been paying for and I was able to successfully stream high def VUDU videos from both the PS3 and the PC through Boxee. Recently I noticed that my internet connection started to slow down again with certain heavy downloading and video streaming. So today I was trying to watch a movie on my PS3 and I ran the VUDU internet speed test to see what definition was recommended to my connection. The VUDU speed test didn't even return me a download speed and just recommended that I stream on SD. I was mad because supposedly I should be able to stream at at least 720p. So I went to speedtest.net and ran a speed test. Speedtest.net gave me a 5.17mbps speed, which if I recall it well, was between the 720p and 1080p required speed by VUDU.
                          Something was obviously not right... So I called AT&T to ask them why my connection speed for certain movie streaming websites was so slow. The call center operator made me go through the same BS procedure they always do (unplug modem, disconnect router, connect computer directly to modem,etc.). Then the call center operator asked me to go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. Voila 5.24mbps. He told me that my problem was solved. Then I told him that I had just done that speed test before I called AT&T support and that I was getting speeds of 5mbps +, so I said that I didn't believe that he had solved my problem (in a kind of rude way, but otherwise AT&T won't care about their customers). Then he asked me what website I was trying to stream video from, so I said VUDU.com. He said, ok let me check here.. Then I went to my Boxee account and guess what?
                          "failed to fetch". "Detail: error when downloading bundle".
                          Then I connected my computer and PS3 back to the router, and then to the modem, just how I had it before I called AT&T. Then I tried VUDU on the PS3 and same message: "failed to fetch". "Detail: error when downloading bundle". Uninstalled and reinstalled VUDU on PS3 and the same message comes up. Rebooted the PS3; same message. I still cannot make it work.
                          With all the above, I am very suspicious of AT&T blocking/limiting bandwidth to some competitor services. I am not sure whether the call center operator has the authority to block/limit bandwidth to certain websites or to even know whether AT&T is doing that, but this is certainly something that VUDU.com should keep an eye on. By the way, I gave up trying to watch the $4.99 HD blockbuster movie from VUDU and ended up watching an older SD movie from Netflix.

Comment

I have the same exact problem as everyone else and it only happend after i started the new update for VUDU.

I dont have a Belkin router.. just the defualt router that was provided with my ATT digital phone/internet service.

Everything else works just fine on the PS3 and it worked fine before the one time i used it when the service first came out for the PS3.. Had 0 problems watching the free movie i got from VUDU back when.

Wanted to watch some newer release movies NOW for once insted of waiting forever for netflix as i have and could not get vudu to work after many attempts. I even tried uninstalling VUDU and reinstalling it and the update and its the same.

Comment

Originally posted by metturr View Post
                              This App worked only 1 time on my PS3 and after the app has been updated couple of months ago, it never worked since then. It would throw error: Unable to download hte bundle. Try again.....etc. It never worked and I have seen many ppl complain on this forum with similar issues. I dont understand why a Belkin router could be an issue? I even dont understand why a new updated version is released....
                              To clarify what Loc was saying - this model of Belkin router has a feature called "denial of service" detection, which means when it detects what it thinks is traffic trying to overload your network, it blocks the device. The problem is that this router is apparently very poor at doing this detection, and ends up blocking legitimate applications.

If you do a Google search for "Belkin Router DoS" there are a lot of questions and complaints about the router blocking other valid programs (especially online games, and even some ISP's DNS servers).

We are trying to figure out what it is about the Vudu network traffic that causes the Belkin router to incorrectly assume it is a DoS, but unless/until we do, the only solution is to disable the broken DoS detection on the Belkin router.

Comment

This is also similar to my problem. I'm an AT&T U-Verse subscriber in the SF Bay Area. I've used Vudu several times in the past. I usually get close to 6 Mbps downstream which has allowed me to watch HD movies with no problems.

Something happened yesterday. My PS3 requested an upgrade to v3.60. Then, everything unraveled from there. Last night, I was having intermittent problems starting Vudu. When it started, I ran the network speed test and only got 1.5 Mbps. All my other devices run at close to 6 Mbps, even on WiFi.

My PS3 is connected directly into the U-Verse/2Wire Residential Gateway (not via WiFi). I opened ports 8100-8199/TCPIP.

And, tonight, I keep getting:

Error when downloading bundle
                                More Info: Hardware id: SPS3DEV ...
                                Device id: ...
                                Software version: 3.0.0-68971-Ps3-71893

Someone's got a problem. Not sure if it's Sony, AT&T or Vudu. But it ain't working well lately.

I guess I'm left with Netflix or U-Verse On-Demand tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X