Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Android TV - Feedback and technical support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netnothing
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake View Post

This is one of the top issues (occasional buffering on otherwise good connection) that will be fixed in the next release (hopefully mid May) and why this is considered a "beta".
    Awesome! Thanks for the update!

And I have to really give your team props.....the Android app on my 930e makes DV titles look gorgeous!! Being a Sony owner, I was limited to the Apple TV for DV........and honestly I was never really impressed. Never gave me the WOW over regular HDR. It wasn't until this Android app where I really saw the difference. Even sat the wife down to do a test and she agreed that the Android app blew away the same via the ATV.

Leave a comment:

• Gillietalls
    replied
    It?s been mentioned enough but thought I?d add my 2 cents. I?m getting buffering on all my Dolby Vision streams. I?m hardwired and have a 150 internet speed. This is on my Sony 75x940E.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by netnothing View Post
    During one test I did get it to stop and buffer twice. I exited the movie and went back in and it seemed to stop. Each time I was getting full bars on the app and my internet speeds were fine. Not sure if this can be improved on your end?
    This is one of the top issues (occasional buffering on otherwise good connection) that will be fixed in the next release (hopefully mid May) and why this is considered a "beta".

Leave a comment:

• sgperez90
    replied
    Originally posted by louie455 View Post
    I am new to these forums, but every reply I am submitting does not get posted to the thread. I own an 850d which is listed as a 2016 model, but the Google Play Store says my device is incompatible when I follow the link provided.
    Try going into the Google Play Store on your Sony TV and and search for the Vudu app.

Leave a comment:

• soaptrail
    replied
    Originally posted by louie455 View Post
    I am new to these forums, but every reply I am submitting does not get posted to the thread. I own an 850d which is listed as a 2016 model, but the Google Play Store says my device is incompatible when I follow the link provided.
    It took a few days before my first post was approved and posted. They want to make sure you are not a spambot.

Leave a comment:

• louie455
    replied

Leave a comment:

• netnothing
    replied
    Tested some more last night (930E, wireless, 250Mbps internet, full bars in Vudu app) using Jumanji WTTJ 4K DV as a test. It looked fantastic.....even better than the 4K DV version from ATV4K iTunes. Sounded great as well (only 5.1 here).

During one test I did get it to stop and buffer twice. I exited the movie and went back in and it seemed to stop. Each time I was getting full bars on the app and my internet speeds were fine. Not sure if this can be improved on your end?

This applies to all apps....really wish we could filter by owned 4K titles.

Leave a comment:

• soaptrail
    replied
    Thanks for the beta Jeff. I am not sure if this was your idea but I will give you the credit. I was not able to use the sideloaded app on apk mirror but this works and works great! I like the interface for the most part. I do find it odd when browsing movies to rent or buy it only scrolls left and right, not up and down as well like the my library section. I also noticed on the 4K section not all movies are listed. While this does not bother me since i usually order from my PC i thought it was interesting and maybe someone else will care about it more than me.

Please please please keep the time limited beta in place until Sony sends out the official updated app to our TV's.

Leave a comment:

• FabianR
    replied
    @JefferyVUDU - here's an oddity...

When I play Oblivion, I get the Dolby Vision and Atmos indicators when I press Display on my Sony remote. However, when I select Picture adjustments, the 940E does not show Dolby Vision. My Onkyo 777 does show Dolby Atmos.

So, I checked all my 4K UHD movies on VUDU and here's what I saw...

Movies that VUDU indicates are Dolby Vision, but are not played as Dolby Vision on my 940E...

Arrival
    Everest
    The Huntsman: Winter's War (Extended Edition)
    Lone Survivor
    Mad Max Fury Road - supposed to be Dolby Vision, but plays in HDR10
    Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
    Oblivion
    Star Trek Beyond

No issues with the following Dolby Vision movies and these movies are obviously brighter...

Atomic Blonde
    Blade Runner 2049
    Blade Runner The Final Cut
    Coco
    The Dark Tower
    Despicable Me
    Despicable Me 2
    Despicable Me 3
    ​​​​​​​Dunkirk
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
    Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
    Justice League
    Pacific Rim
    San Andreas
    Sing
    Snow White & the Huntsman
    Star Wars The Last Jedi
    Thor Ragnarok
    Wonder Woman

HDR10 - these movies are HDR10

The Incredible Hulk
    Minions

Leave a comment:

• daddio77
    replied
    I own both a Sony XBR65Z9D and a XBR75X940D from 2016 and the new VUDU app does not appear on my 940D. Any reason for it not showing up? Also will the PS4 Pro ever receive an update?

Leave a comment:

• FabianR
    replied
    @JefferyVUDU - THANKS! I think that I installed it, but here's what I did in an attempt to sideload it. After downloading the apk file to my Google Drive, I loaded ES File Explorer on my Sony 940E. I then accessed my Google Drive via ES File Explorer and selected the apk file. I saw the market and selected market. This took me to the Google Play Store and I installed the VUDU 4.1.37.89419. So, I'm assuming that it installed the "official" beta, as opposed to actually sideloading the apk file.

Anyways, thanks again for making this available. Feedback...

So, the first time I tried it, I got a problem error. Sorry, didn't know what it exactly indicated. Re-launched the VUDU app and every 4K UHD that I have available on VUDU seems to play on my 940E. I've getting the Dolby Vision and Atmos indicators. I'm getting the Dolby Vision from my 940E and my Onkyo 777 is show Dolby Atmos. YES!

Why is there no network speed test like on the tvOS (Apple TV 4K) app? And would it be possible to sort and/or view just my 4K UHD movies.

Can't wait for the tvOS update!

Leave a comment:

• johnboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake View Post

GotG2 is currently only in what is called "Dolby Vision Profile 4" - and the Sony TVs don't support that version. We are working on getting HDR10 and DV P5 for GotG2, should be fairly soon. Note this is true of a few other titles as well - they will all be updated over time.
    Anyword on a Grease 4K Dolby Vision profile 5 stream? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• johnboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Morac View Post
    I removed the sideloaded version and installed the Google Play version and have the following comments on this version on my X930e (Sony 2017 TV).

I mentioned in the other thread that Dolby Vision wasn?t working on Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (GotG2), so the video was playing SDR. That?s only partially correct. Not only is it SDR, but I think it may be playing the HDX stream despite showing UHD. The reason I think so is that the bandwidth used on my router when playing Gotg2 in ?UHD? was the same as when playing other HDX movies.

I then played The Last Jedi and Thor Ragnarok and both used more bandwidth and they played in Dolby Vision, so basically I believe some UHD videos aren?t even playing in UHD. I?m not sure what the difference is other than GotG2 is Dolby Vision only (and the oldest HDR video I have).

On a side note, playing UHD titles on my Roku Premiere+ uses significantly more initial bandwidth than the same UHD titles on the Sony TV, so it appears that the TV either buffers much more on the Roku or it has a higher quality stream. Gotg2 on Roku appears to actually play in 4K based on the higher bandwidth, though I?m not 100% sure.
    Dolby changed their Dolby Vision streams to profile 5 and are in process to updating the older profiles on many titles....Such as I have The Hangover Dolby vision and its on the older profile and its only playing in 4K Sdr via this beta app...Just waiting on the studios and Dolby to update the profiles an past films.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by Morac View Post
    I mentioned in the other thread that Dolby Vision wasn?t working on Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (GotG2), so the video was playing SDR. That?s only partially correct. Not only is it SDR, but I think it may be playing the HDX stream despite showing UHD. The reason I think so is that the bandwidth used on my router when playing Gotg2 in ?UHD? was the same as when playing other HDX movies.
    GotG2 is currently only in what is called "Dolby Vision Profile 4" - and the Sony TVs don't support that version. We are working on getting HDR10 and DV P5 for GotG2, should be fairly soon. Note this is true of a few other titles as well - they will all be updated over time.

Leave a comment:

• netnothing
    replied
    Originally posted by johnboy View Post
    Thanks team Vudu been waiting to watch Dolby Vision on my Sony Oled.....Feedback wise, it runs smooth on my 65 A1E seems a bit on the dark side (sdr content) Dolby Vision looks great....I thought you guys did away with the wifi signal bars..
    Shhhh.....maybe they forgot they had them

I personally like the bars and hate that all these streaming companies are removing them. It makes it just that much more difficult to troubleshoot if/when you run into issues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X