Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu App not playing movies on my Vizio TV (P65-C1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoriDD View Post

12-25-2019 ~~ I've followed all of your directions, including the Soft Power Cycle, but haven't had any luck fixing this. I have photos of the error, the app settings, and my vizio tv settings. Trying to attach here. (I can't believe Santa hasn't stopped by to fix this. He should be done with Xmas by now! LOL)

I can see trailers and commercials, but when I try to watch any movie I own, I get a Playback Error message. If I try to watch a "Free with ads" movie, I watch the ads, then I get a Network Error message. See attached.

I also noticed that when I purchased the 4K videos on sale today from Vudu, I got an error message with each one that said I was not set up to watch 4K even though I am and always watch at hi-rez if my connection will allow it.

If there are any other tests you need to help me fix this, please let me know ASAP. I'm using my tablet for now, but I wanna watch TV!

I really hope you can fix this! Lori
    Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with playback on your Viziocast. If you don't mind, i'd like to get some logs from your TV when the playback error occurs. I'll send you a private message so we can get started.

Thanks,
    Dan.

Comment

This exact same thing is happening to me only on my Visio tv.
      ?I can see trailers and commercials, but when I try to watch any movie I own, I get a Playback Error message. If I try to watch a "Free with ads" movie, I watch the ads, then I get a Network Error message.?
      It just started happening this December. Was there a code released pushed this month? It worked before. And my playbacks work correctly on both my Samsung TV and tablet. Can the software for Visio be rolled back to a previous stable working version?

Comment

Widget Version: 7.4.25 (25-65ab58dd)
        Player version: 310601.49
        Tv model: D32h-F4
        Tv Version: 4.40.21
        LDT: Dec 12 00:50:17 2019

Comment

Yes, these are the exact messages I get. I have tried talking with VUDU and they keep telling me to do the same things - power cycle your TV, uninstall the app and reinstall (how do you do this on your tv?) I've done their suggestions but the uninstall. It doesn't help.
          Side note- I can cast my movies from my phone to the TV just fine. ??? But app itself in Chromecast is definitely dead. Ive lost all hope at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post

I'm interested to know what the widget version you're seeing when you launch Vudu. Currently, there is an issue where a network error is seen after trickplay, but starting playback and resuming shouldn't be an issue. Are you still on widget 7.3.20? The updated app should have resolve that problem. Please let us know the widget version (Settings-->About) in Vudu and if you're still having the same trouble after a hard power cycle.

I should also mention in the meantime, if you cast playback to the TV you shouldn't see the issue. Not convenient, but a work around where you won't run into the issues you're seeing.

Thanks,
            Dan.
            Widget version 7.4.25
            player 310601.49
            hardware vztc.:d: 5f3dc

i can finally watch 4K movies but still can?t play from a playback resume and the app crashes all the time when I try to resume a free watch movie.

Comment

I just received my vizio tv for Christmas and it only worked for ONE DAY!!! Evidently this is a big issue, thinking about returning my tv to get another brand. Any suggestions?
              My signal for internet is great, it?s the vudu app and watchfree app that is not working. Very irritating and disappointing. I tried everything that VUDU suggested in their post, STILL does not work.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem and it all started when the Television did an update. This is something to do with Vizio updates that mess up the VUDU app.

Comment

Hello All,

Vizio is aware of the problem that started with their recent firmware rollout. We're working with them on a release schedule and hope to have a fix rolled out asap. When we have more information about the timeline, we'll provide an update.

Thanks,
                  Dan.

Comment

Same problem...did soft restart, worked for about 10 minutes and failed. Same on 2 different Vizio TVs. No issues on any other brand TVs.

Comment

My TV keeps saying Playback Error please try again. It will only play movies that are resuming. It will not start a movie over or from the beginning. I have a Vizio TV

Widget: 7.4.25
                      Model Number: D32f-F1
                      Software: 4.40.21

Comment

Like everyone else I'm having the Playback error issue. Very frustrating to watch the commercials then get the error code. My best guess at the info you requested: Model D401-G9. Version 4.40.21 SCPL Version 1.0.13_1.0.13.29_1945_0004. I don't see a reference to the Vudu Widget Version so I don't know what to give you. Any updates on getting it fixed???

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post

Hey CM,

What is the model number for your TV? I will give it a try and see if I'm encountering the same here.
                          Hi Daniel,
                          Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Widget version (7.4.25 (25-65ab58dd))
                          TV model number D43fx-F4
                          TV software version 4.40.21

I have noticed something odd. If we don't use the app for a couple of days, it will sometimes work. But it's not consistent, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Courtney

Comment

I am having the same problem " player stopped working " generic message on VUDU. Vudu works fine on Sony Blu Ray and Samsung Smart TV but not on Vizio TV. Odd thing is if I start it on my smart phone and cast to the TV it works fine and continues to work during that session even if I turn the phone off. I can play the same movies on the Vizio TV using the Amazon widget fine.

TV model D40F-G9
                            TV software version 4.40.21
                            Widget version (7.4.25 (25-65ab58dd))
                            player 310601.49

Comment

I just spoke to Vizio support. As usual, they say this is a VUDU issue. So now to VUDU, when can we expect a working version of your app to be updated to the Vizio TVs that are effected by this?

Originally posted by Shadowrc View Post

VUDU Widget Version = 7.3.20(20-4a018c86)
                              VUDU Player number = 301442.42
                              TV Model Number = D43f-F2
                              TV Software Version = 4.40.21

when can we expect a fix???

Comment

I am having the same issues with trying to play a movie Used to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X