atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

    Sorry for double post
    Last edited by Rafs1; 07-13-2016, 09:28 AM. Reason: Double post

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

      Have a KS8000 with the same exact issue. Have been told by Samsung to reset smart hub (this is the biggest mistake since it deletes the app altogether and if left alone, the app will update just fine. It just won't download on its own), reset tv, unplug for 2 hours, change DNS settings, delete and reinstall (couldn't delete the app since it was a system app and now I can't even install it after the smart hub reset wiped it out.) My buddy bought the same tv on same day but he didn't do any updates till this past weekend (no internet) and his Vudu app is working fine.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

        Another KS8000 owner getting error code 118. I did a Smart Hub reset, did not solve problem, followed by complete TV reset to original factory settings. Tried reinstalling Vudu app, version 4.1.23, dated 7/11/2016, and error code 118 still occurring

        Any estimate on when a fix will be out? I would like to access my Vudu videos, not all are UltraViolet.

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

          Originally posted by ncain View Post
          Another KS8000 owner getting error code 118. I did a Smart Hub reset, did not solve problem, followed by complete TV reset to original factory settings. Tried reinstalling Vudu app, version 4.1.23, dated 7/11/2016, and error code 118 still occurring

          Any estimate on when a fix will be out? I would like to access my Vudu videos, not all are UltraViolet.
          The Vudu app has been updated twice in the last two weeks so it seems they're constantly working on it but I hope they figure it out soon cause I also have a fairly large vudu library that I'd like to access.

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

            Originally posted by Rafs1 View Post
            The Vudu app has been updated twice in the last two weeks so it seems they're constantly working on it but I hope they figure it out soon cause I also have a fairly large vudu library that I'd like to access.
            Samsung has found the root cause but has not found a solution to address the bug. If I hear anything more I will pass it along. I am putting pressure on them to get a solution ASAP.

            Thanks for your patience
            Tam

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

              Originally posted by TamM View Post
              Samsung has found the root cause but has not found a solution to address the bug. If I hear anything more I will pass it along. I am putting pressure on them to get a solution ASAP.

              Thanks for your patience
              Tam
              Thank you. Dealing with Samsung on this issue is quite frustrating.

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                Originally posted by TamM View Post
                Samsung has found the root cause but has not found a solution to address the bug. If I hear anything more I will pass it along. I am putting pressure on them to get a solution ASAP.

                Thanks for your patience
                Tam
                Ditto on the thanks for the update. Finding the cause of the problem is good news. Keep the pressure on... may I suggest thumbscrews.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                  Anybody have any luck yet? I'm still getting a 118 error code

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                    Originally posted by ncain View Post
                    Ditto on the thanks for the update. Finding the cause of the problem is good news. Keep the pressure on... may I suggest thumbscrews.
                    Anyone get this problem resolved? It's still giving me issues

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                      Originally posted by Jcmet32 View Post
                      Anyone get this problem resolved? It's still giving me issues
                      Not resolved but I did get a response from Vudu:

                      "This is an ongoing issue with Samsung devices and their current Software Version. It's something that we're investigating at our engineering level, and you've already provided the information that we would request to escalate.
                      Please allow them time to investigate the issue and reach out to you with a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

                      Looks like they're working on it. Hopefully it gets resolved soon..

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                        Samsung has a fix for this that will be in their next firmware update in a few weeks.

                        In the meantime, they have requested that any VUDU user with this issue contact Samsung customer care. They will be able to provide a workaround until the firmware gets updated.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                          Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Samsung has a fix for this that will be in their next firmware update in a few weeks.

                          In the meantime, they have requested that any VUDU user with this issue contact Samsung customer care. They will be able to provide a workaround until the firmware gets updated.
                          Any idea of what the workaround is? I have been dealing with Samsung on this for the past 2 weeks and every time I reply to them, it goes to someone new who has no clue what I'm talking about even though I reference the original ticket number that was issued with the original complaint.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                            Originally posted by Rafs1 View Post
                            Any idea of what the workaround is? I have been dealing with Samsung on this for the past 2 weeks and every time I reply to them, it goes to someone new who has no clue what I'm talking about even though I reference the original ticket number that was issued with the original complaint.
                            From what we were told Samsung is specifically instructing their CS people about the issue this week. I believe it may require a factory reset in a mode that is not available in normal menus (ie. over the network?)

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                              Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              From what we were told Samsung is specifically instructing their CS people about the issue this week. I believe it may require a factory reset in a mode that is not available in normal menus (ie. over the network?)
                              Awesome. Thank you so much for your help. If only Samsung customer service was this helpful, it would make dealing with it so much easier.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

                                Originally posted by Rafs1 View Post
                                Awesome. Thank you so much for your help. If only Samsung customer service was this helpful, it would make dealing with it so much easier.
                                Rads1 - Please let me (and everyone) know if Samsung support goes in via remote access, goes into the service menu and does more than a typical reset. Most of the samsung TVs have 3 resets in the service menu, Factory reset, Smart Hub reset, and eeprom reset. Curious as to which one they will do, or all 3.

                                Oh, and most importantly, if it worked.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X