Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

Originally posted by ncain View Post
    Thanks Rafs1 for trying and letting us know. Believe me, I feel your fustration with Samsung. They have at times decent products, like this TV, but their support is terrible when it comes to fixing things. They are good with general help topics like "how do you turn on the TV."
    I actually sent them one last reply to their bs and included links of my own to the Samsung website that clearly states that Vudu is available for my TV. I also took screen shots of the website in case they have problems figuring out what to do with a link.

Comment

In my previous call tey tried to tell me my unit was not compatible with Vudu. I told them I was using it last month before the firmware update and it quit. I also pointed out the notification on their support page for my model where it said Vudu was now available. They still don't have an answer. Fast forward to today:

Just got a call back from the same supervisor who's employee number was apparently removed by samsung in the previous post. They offered no solutions and no ETA of a Fix. They put the blame solely on Vudu and said an update would be coming out to address the problem, but they have no idea when. I am curious if anyone has had any luck on this or the "workaround" it would seem rolling back the firmware to the previous version would be an obvious fix??

So despite being a diehard Samsung guy, I am contemplating returning this TV. Anyone have any suggestions on a better brand? Anyone want to get together on a class action suit for advertising/deception???

Comment

According to AVS forum you have to call Samsung and get them to login and delete the smart hub, NOT a factory reset. User claims he watched them delete all the apps one by one and then reset the smart hub and they repopulated one by one and it worked. I am anxious to get home and see if this fixes mine.

Comment

Hello All,

I have gotten confirmation from Samsung that the communication to the Samsung Customer Service team has been pushed out. If users call and state they have the 118 error when installing VUDU, the care agent should be able to assist you.

I also got confirmation that the internal resource web site used by the Samsung Customer Service team has been updated to include VUDU compatibility with KS and KU Samsung TV models. So hopefully no one will get a "VUDU is not supported" answer for these models.

If Samsung Customer Service team still can not address the issue please let me know so I can follow up on my end.

Thanks,
          Tam

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
            Hello All,

I have gotten confirmation from Samsung that the communication to the Samsung Customer Service team has been pushed out. If users call and state they have the 118 error when installing VUDU, the care agent should be able to assist you.

I also got confirmation that the internal resource web site used by the Samsung Customer Service team has been updated to include VUDU compatibility with KS and KU Samsung TV models. So hopefully no one will get a "VUDU is not supported" answer for these models.

If Samsung Customer Service team still can not address the issue please let me know so I can follow up on my end.

Thanks,
            Tam
            Dude, if I could buy you a beer, I most definitely would. Thank you again for all the help.

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks,
              Tam
              And the saga continues,,, I called Samsung, told them about the problem including how it all started, advised them that the upper tier support are aware of the issue and even suggested the removal and reinstalling the Smart Hub. The person I dealt with went into my service menu, looked at all my settings, and decided to do a factory reset (???). After setting my TV up again, she went into my apps and tried installing the latest version of Vudu. Surprised that she got an error 118 code, she put me on hold, a minute later she came back and said "this is a known issue and the problem is with the Vudu app." When I suggested again about removing or deleting all of the apps in Smart Hub and reinstalling them, she said that a factory reset from the service menu does all that (Hmmm).

Looks like I'll have to watch Superman vs Batman on Amazon.

Comment

Oh wow. That's not good news. I was going to attempt to do that this evening now I'm not so sure I want to deal with Samsung support again. I did read on the AVS forum that a new firmware has been released but it's not available online and I'm not home to check. It is supposed to be version 1121 and as usual, has absolutely no explanation on what it fixes. I hope this is the fix we have all been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafs1 View Post
                  Oh wow. That's not good news. I was going to attempt to do that this evening now I'm not so sure I want to deal with Samsung support again. I did read on the AVS forum that a new firmware has been released but it's not available online and I'm not home to check. It is supposed to be version 1121 and as usual, has absolutely no explanation on what it fixes. I hope this is the fix we have all been waiting for.
                  The support page for the US model still shows 1114, and the support person didn't mention a new update was available. From what I see the only thing that has changed was that they updated the Vudu compatible devices to include the 2016 TVs.

Comment

Just updated version 1121 and Vudu app still doesn't work

Comment

Updated to version 1121 and the Vudu app still doesn't work.

Comment

That sucks. I'm gonna try to get remote assistance to do it for me tonight. I'll report back with results..

Comment

I'm happy to say that Vudu works for me now.

After I saw the Alert on Vudu app on the Samsung support web page, that came out yesterday, probably after my failed attempt, I decided to give it another try and specifically reference the alert (repeatedly) and told them I do not want another factory reset (said that repeatedly too). The person remotely went into my Smart Hub, did something too quick for me to see, and the next thing I saw was apps popping up in "My Apps" again, beginning with the Vudu app. I had to re-install other apps like Amazon, Netflix and TuneIn, and I also had to add them back on my "home" page on Smart Hub so they pop up immediately when I start Smart Hub. But it is the latest version of Vudu 4.1.23.

The support person did not go into my Service menu, or he may have accessed it without appearing on my screen, no saying what these smart TVs are capable of. I asked him what he did and he tried to explain, but I could not understand what he was saying because of his thich accent, and his voice traveling 9000 miles.

Hey, but who cares. It works! Superman vs Batman tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ncain View Post
                            I'm happy to say that Vudu works for me now.

After I saw the Alert on Vudu app on the Samsung support web page, that came out yesterday, probably after my failed attempt, I decided to give it another try and specifically reference the alert (repeatedly) and told them I do not want another factory reset (said that repeatedly too). The person remotely went into my Smart Hub, did something too quick for me to see, and the next thing I saw was apps popping up in "My Apps" again, beginning with the Vudu app. I had to re-install other apps like Amazon, Netflix and TuneIn, and I also had to add them back on my "home" page on Smart Hub so they pop up immediately when I start Smart Hub. But it is the latest version of Vudu 4.1.23.

The support person did not go into my Service menu, or he may have accessed it without appearing on my screen, no saying what these smart TVs are capable of. I asked him what he did and he tried to explain, but I could not understand what he was saying because of his thich accent, and his voice traveling 9000 miles.

Hey, but who cares. It works! Superman vs Batman tonight!!!
                            Hello Ncain,

That is great news. Thanks very much for your patience and I am glad Samsung pulled it together and was able to assist. Enjoy Batman V Superman.

Thanks
                            Tam

Comment

Hello Ncain,

That is great news. Thanks very much for your patience and I am glad Samsung pulled it together and was able to assist. Enjoy Batman V Superman.

Thanks
                              Tam
                              I believe once Samsung updated their compatibility device page to include 2016 AND issue the alert under support for 2016 models (both happened yesterday), only then will their be less of a headache with tech support.

Thank you and Vudu for keeping whatever pressure you could on Samsung to make this happen.

Comment

Hello Ncain,

Thanks
                                Tam
                                Just got off the phone with remote support and all is well. We did get into an issue within the service menu when he had me select APPS RESET and it would not work while pressing the select button on the remote. Instead of pressing select (little circle within big circle) I decided to press right and that was what finally reset the apps. Vudu is up and running and I'm watching Deadpool as I type this. Thank you Tam for all your hard word and have an awesome weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X