Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu flooding network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu flooding network

Originally posted by rdkl24 View Post
    Per Vudu support I also tried setting my second unit to the lower bandwidth mode.

As of right now everything is working fine. I am going to try turning the second one back to normal now to see if the TCP timeout alone solved the problem.
    Oh, you have two Vudus...Ah. What's your maximum upstream bandwidth?

Comment

I have Comcast. All of the speedtests are showing around 1-1.5 mb up but I don't know if I believe that. If i fire up my slingbox remotely I can get 300k at best last I tried.

Comment

I have Comcast. All of the speedtests are showing around 1-1.5 mb up but I don't know if I believe that. If i fire up my slingbox remotely I can get 300k at best last I tried.
        Can you give us the result you get with our bandwidth test page
        http://speedtest.vudu.com/cdn1/
        Please tell us the upload and download speed.

The slingbox is using upstream bandwidth, it should be lower than the speed test report.

Thanks,

LLN

Comment

ARGH! Don't rely on speed tests! They don't factor in powerboost.

You likely have a 384k upload speed from Comcast. With 2 Vudus on your network you will swamp it out and that's why you have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
            ARGH! Don't rely on speed tests! They don't factor in powerboost.

You likely have a 384k upload speed from Comcast. With 2 Vudus on your network you will swamp it out and that's why you have problems.
            When I had ccomcast it was 768k upstream(2mbs Powerboost)

I noticed both my VUDU boxes only seem to use around 400K upstream total and with my 5mbs FIOS conection I have plenty to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
              When I had ccomcast it was 768k upstream(2mbs Powerboost)

I noticed both my VUDU boxes only seem to use around 400K upstream total and with my 5mbs FIOS conection I have plenty to spare.
              Well, it depends on the service package. Here, if you have anything but the 6 Mb/sec consumer package your upload is 384k.

Anyhow, the Vudu's each use around 200 kpbs uplink max. So if you have two units and a 384k uplink, you'll swamp it.

Comment

Right now I have 2588kbps down and 1154kbps up by your speed test.

I get better than 2.5 down elsewhere and the box also says I have the 4/HD streaming bandwidth avail. Uplink measurement seems to match on all the speed tests but could well be the speedboost.

Comment

Right now I have 2588kbps down and 1154kbps up by your speed test.

I get better than 2.5 down elsewhere and the box also says I have the 4/HD streaming bandwidth avail. Uplink measurement seems to match on all the speed tests but could well be the speedboost.
                  Yes, it's the speed boost. You need to do long time streaming of both uplink and downlink to see what your actual speeds are or check your Comcast account.

Comment

Jon,

I got an idea...setup a FTP server on your side and let him FTP a large file from him to you....that would help identify the speed....

Comment

Getting around 400k up right now running a slingbox stream. Any higher and it breaks. The Vudu boxes are both plugged in right now too. One is set to the low bandwidth mode.

Comment

Getting around 400k up right now running a slingbox stream. Any higher and it breaks. The Vudu boxes are both plugged in right now too. One is set to the low bandwidth mode.
                        I do have an FTP server that you could use. I have an 8 Mb/sec downlink so, I could suck up all you can give me.

If you are willing, let's do this:

I will create an account for you on my FTP server and PM you the username and password.

You can then at your leisure upload a large file to me. By large I mean > 50 MB. When you upload, STOP all other network activity. Unplug the Vudus and don't use the Slingbox.

Then see what your average upload speed is. That will tell us what you have.

Let me know if you'd like to try this.

Comment

Try this link

ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/

This is a 512MB test download link that I use to test my bandwidth. It maxes out my connection for the entire 512MB download.

There are also other test sizes as well if you want a smaller size.(64MB, 16MB, 8MB, 4MB, and 1MB test downloads)

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
                            Try this link

ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/

This is a 512MB test download link that I use to test my bandwidth. It maxes out my connection for the entire 512MB download.

There are also other test sizes as well if you want a smaller size.(64MB, 16MB, 8MB, 4MB, and 1MB test downloads)
                            Right - this is good, but we need him to test his UPLOAD as well. I think he is saturating his upload and that is resulting the boxes not thinking he has enough download bandwidth as upload saturation is bad for download traffic as ack packets can't get through.

Comment

I have tested my upload a couple of times today. I am getting a solid 400k out with 1 Vudu plugged in. With none the test is giving me around 600k.

I have tested my upload/outbound 2 ways. One is with FTP traffic and the other is streaming my slingbox at home out to my computer at work.

Comment

I have tested my upload a couple of times today. I am getting a solid 400k out with 1 Vudu plugged in. With none the test is giving me around 600k.

I have tested my upload/outbound 2 ways. One is with FTP traffic and the other is streaming my slingbox at home out to my computer at work.
                                OK. You should have enough. But if you are Slinging a lot, then you'll end up swamping with the two Vudus and the Slinbox. You might want to set up QoS and then limit the upload bandwidth to about 10% below the rated level. At 600k speed, you probably have a 768kbps upload. You'd set the upload QoS limit to maybe around 680 to 700 kbps. This will ensure you have enough headroom to send ACK packets.

The two Vudus will take up nearly 600 kbps if they are both serving content at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X