Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Well, here's something to think about.

The movie "28 Weeks Later" is available now on Vudu. It is not yet available on DVD (comes out October 9th).

That says something...

Originally posted by mbustin View Post
    NA9D,

I hope you're right, but if Vudu can't get on par with Blockbuster then I think it's a lost cause. It wouldn't bother me if BB bought out Vudu and made their collection available online.

-Mark

Comment

Im with Mark, you can't sell a product for $400.00 and say keep it past the 30 day return policy it will get better. You have one chance when you release a new product. If it doesn' t improve within my return period I am sending it back. Why should I hold on to something in hope it will get better and lose $400 if it doesn't. I can return it and then if I here things have improved and it is now what I thought it was ( a rental service) then I can always purchase it again. The way it is now I can not cancel my Netflix subscription. Also I just checked on the movie 28 weeks later and on my box it still says coming soon. With no indication on when it is coming or whether it will be rental or purchase only. Maybe since you are a beta tester you have different access to the movies than the paying customers. I would like to see a section on either the vudu box or on the website that would give me a list of upcoming movies and a date when they will be available on the system. With netflix you can enter any movie, even movies that are currently in the theater and when the release date is announced it shows up on your rental list.

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Comment

Ken,

Based upon my experience, when a movie says "coming soon" that generally means it has been released to the field, and you will have full access to it as soon as your Vudu finishes downloading the updated database. Typically this download happens overnight when you aren't using the box. The database updates are secondary to supporting customer purchases/rentals, so if you went hog wild ordering movies over the weekend, then your database won't get updated until all of your on order movies finish downloading.

Would you mind keeping an eye on this title and tell us when you see it switch from "coming soon" to "available now".

Thanks,

Comment

The last movie rental was yesterday and it was only one movie. Also the movie Blades of Glory has said coming soon since Friday.

Comment

Ken,

If you would, please go to System Info on your VUDU and tell us what database version your box is on. Also it would help me to know your box ID. It's also located in System Info screen and is a number similar to 0x1234.

Thanks.

Comment

Just wanted to say hi. Not a new user yet (haven't gotten my Vudu). Am ordering it tonight and, with overnight shipping, will hopefully have it by the weekend.

Looking forward to adding this to my entertainment center.

I'll check back once I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TinL View Post
                Ken,

If you would, please go to System Info on your VUDU and tell us what database version your box is on. Also it would help me to know your box ID. It's also located in System Info screen and is a number similar to 0x1234.

Thanks.

Database version 14:1353
                box id 0x2b4a

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by kmulder View Post
                  Also I just checked on the movie 28 weeks later and on my box it still says coming soon. With no indication on when it is coming or whether it will be rental or purchase only. Maybe since you are a beta tester you have different access to the movies than the paying customers. I
                  No, at present you and I get the same sets of movies. Again, depending on how quickly your box gets updated, makes a difference on when the movies actually become available.

I had not checked if 28 Weeks Later could be rented or purchased. I just noticed it was in the database. So I'm probably in the same boat as you.

Again, the amount of movies released over the last few weeks has been huge. And I expect this to continue to pick up steam in the next couple.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. 28 weeks later is "coming soon" along with "blades of glory" I haven't notice any updates since Friday when I got the box. Then again, my box is connected to my wireless network by a game adapter/bridge and it drops connections a few times a day, maybe that screws up the updates .... Ken's suggestion about when we can expect to see movies,partiularly when we'll be able to rent, would be nice.

MY box id is: 0x277d and database is also at 14:1353.

I hate to complain because I want vudu to suceed -- but it's real frustrating to go into BB and see most of the newer movies available like "Knocked Up" and I have to choose from "Mulletville" and "Plan 9 from Outer space", among other gems ...

Also, it's not the $400, I spent $800 on my Hi-Def Tivo (in addition to my SD TiVo) and over a grand on my Sony location free TV - all well worth the money, but I don't need a box to rent movies a month after they've been available at BB....

Comment

Hey guys,

Thank you again for the feedback.

Some clarifying remarks:

A) Feedback is extremely important and it comes the way it comes - so feel free to hammer away, we need each and every one of you folks.

B) The beta users do not have access to a different catalog as our normal customers. The title "28 Weeks Later" should not be available to order and watch until midnight (Pacific Time) tonight, "Blades of Glory" on Friday. All without any throttling, lines, gasoline, or postmen ;o)

C) The "about 1700 are purchase only and they cost 19.99" comment is a little off, many of our titles are available for purchase for $10 (including Dr. Strangelove, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Clockwork Orange, Reservoir Dogs, and everyone's favorite Aliens), and others are available for $5, $15, and $20.

D) The movie library will continue to grow as Hollywood releases titles to us - and we'll get 'em up alright, pronto. A couple of our major short-term goals is to get HD going and a library 10,000 titles. And, as far as freshness is concerned you will see more and more day-and-date type releases.

E) I saw a couple of UI change requests (and please correct me if I?m wrong)
                      1. Indicate when the title will be available if it is currently 'coming soon' (duh, right?).
                      2. Provide a 'coming soon' type section so that you can plan.

Comment

my box is connected to my wireless network by a game adapter/bridge and it drops connections a few times a day, maybe that screws up the updates ....
                        Yeah, this is not good. You need your box to be solidly connected. It will cause issues...

Comment

Gil, I think those 2 UI changes sound great - especially the part about indicating an ETA on the coming soon stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                            Yeah, this is not good. You need your box to be solidly connected. It will cause issues...
                            Yeah - the box prefers a solid 2 Mbps to a flaky 54 Mbps...

-- Greg

Comment

Hmmm ... and the bridge (Linksys G) has a direct line of sight to the router. Any recommendations for a bridge to my linksys draft N router?

Will the box recover from an interruption? They're not that frequent, I've watched 2 movies so far and playback has been flawless ...I don't think I can convince my wife to let me run an ethernet cable from the bedroom to the offfice

-Mark

Comment

Hmmm ... and the bridge (Linksys G) has a direct line of sight to the router. Any recommendations for a bridge to my linksys draft N router?

Will the box recover from an interruption? They're not that frequent, I've watched 2 movies so far and playback has been flawless ...I don't think I can convince my wife to let me run an ethernet cable from the bedroom to the offfice

-Mark
                                I'm sure Gil and Ron have lots of recommendations for your bridge. I'll let them provide that info.

As for the latter, yes, the box will recover, but depending on when the issue happens, you may end up hitting the dreaded "out of buffer to consume!" situation - and we hate those because we want to provide an uninterrupted instant playback experience. Basically, the earlier in the movie, the more dangerous. Also it depends how long the loss of connectivity last: the longer, the more dangerous also (obviously )

As for our background "keep up to date" activities, they will survive connectivity losses, as long as they are the exception rather than the norm.

-- Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X