Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Ok Deal!...lol

Comment

maciejj, what outputs are you using? Since you are expecting better picture quality, I assume that you're using HD outputs, but if you are using component, the studios required that the output be limited to 480p because of the lack of content protection. There is also a very small switch to switch analog output to either 480i or 480p; if you are facing the front of the box, reach around it to your left, and the switch is to that side in the back, near the bottom. If you are using component out, that might help somewhat, but the picture over HDMI is really good on my 57" RPTV, you should use it if you can.

Comment

Woohoo! I've had my vudu for about a month now, but I never got the registration confirmation from the forum. Thanks to Vudu support I'm now able to actually post on here. Lovin' my box right now.
        Last edited by Nded; 10-12-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by junk View Post
          Woohoo! I've had my vudu for about a month now, but I never got the registration confirmation from the forum. Thanks to Vudu support I'm now able to actually post on here. Lovin' my box right now.
          Heh... accidentally wrote "not" instead of "now." Thanks for fixing that... whoever.

Comment

For the whole "Revisionist History" department I say "your welcome"

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
              Please take some of these criticisms and put them in a positive manner and post it in the feature request thread (ie: ...

Let me say it. I have a very good intentions and I am far away from useless criticisms. Just be flexible. I am not here to send any requests. It doesn't work.

First of all, Disney won't give their classic films to digital delivery...

We can not stop time. Obviously all films will be digitalized sooner or later. It is not the issue of a permission but an art of negotiation. Stereotypes will not work.

You can't tell me that you have possibly looked through all 5000.

Yes, I checked all the inventory just by categories and I know a lot about movies (owning ca 2000 of them). Of course I was not able to count. I will say it again - the inventory is poor. And, I do not care about others.

And TV series has never been advertised and TV series aren't movies.

According to TV shows, I am talking about programs and series commercially available. Unfortunately, I missed some parts of my favorite TV series - so, for example, I was forced to buy: The Surface and Season 1-2 of Prison Break to watch, and finally, to sell them on Ebay. Think about it.

As for the prices - why are they amazing?
              Prices? We are attending movie theatres and we are paying the same price for a show, not for a movie. There is no reason to charge for renting/buying in a different way. As I said before, it would make sense to consider time of streaming. How to make money of it? Let's trust professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                maciejj, what outputs are you using? Since you are expecting better picture quality, ...
                OK. It was a good advice. Now I am using htmi connection and pictures are fine. I think, instead of showing the front page of a cover it would be even better to see both sides. I am still recommending putting on the same page famous movie stars from the movie with a link to their movies, instead of showing 'similar' movies.

Just rented my first movie: True Romance. On my 120" screen (1080p projector) it looked very good and streaming was smooth. Unfortunately only stereo, but my Onkyo receiver faked it extremely well. I like the movie and I am going to buy it, but ... from Ebay.com. The price for a new movie: $5.50 + $5.95 (shipping). Amazon.com offers a used one for $7.59 + $2.98 (shipping).

It is a reason I am doing it in that way. I want to have it, and I like to look at the cover among other movies, I own. Exactly, like looking at my bookshelf to choose one to read.

It is maybe time to say it straight. Vudu, in my opinion, should forget about selling movies. Studios, obviously, are making money selling movies. They are doing a favor for video rental stores, but giving them higher prices, before releasing movies to sell, for a final price. Of course, video rental stores sell their used inventory after making money of new releases. Obviously, studios don't participate in a rental profit; just selling many copies for a better price. It is not the time to change this situation. Fortunately, it is the time to adjust a rental movie business to an Internet future. Imagine, that vudu will be able to negotiate with studios a common price for a minute of streaming, giving studios a percentage of that price, every time. It is a very nice compromise. Isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by maciejj View Post
                  It is a reason I am doing it in that way. I want to have it, and I like to look at the cover among other movies, I own. Exactly, like looking at my bookshelf to choose one to read.
                  How big is your collection and how are you keeping it organized. We tried to do that but it got impossible to manage when it got up around 500 movies. At that time, I copied everything onto servers on my network so I have really only been using network movie viewing since then. With the Vudu, if the availability of movies to rent becomes sufficient, I would never "buy" a movie again. If I can get on-demand viewing of any movie that I want to watch for $2.99 to $4.99 per movie, I wouldn't see the point of owning one.

Comment

I finally recieved my VUDU box today. I had it connected to the network in about 5 minutes. Left it plugged in for about 1 hr while we ate supper. After supper I was able to scroll through the movies, and even watched a few previews. Couldn't have been any easier.

Comment

Originally posted by mag12203
                      I have been a new user since the Vudu was shipped but I seem to have problems getting access to posting with quotes and seeing downloading images. Maybe I was suppose to check in her first. Please make sure I am a user and not a guest.
                      I just looked at your profile and it seems OK. As for the quotes, your last posting was missing the opening quote command (i.e. LeftBracket quote RightBracket ). I was able to edit your post to make it look right. Could you try a "quote" again?

Comment

Originally posted by mag12203
                        I have been a new user since the Vudu was shipped but I seem to have problems getting access to posting with quotes and seeing downloading images. Maybe I was suppose to check in her first. Please make sure I am a user and not a guest.
                        What browser are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by RonV View Post
                          What browser are you using?
                          AOL

Comment

The browser could be part of your problem. If it does not accept the cookies from this site, then this could be why you are having problems. Can you use another browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Make sure you are set up to accept cookies from this site.

EDIT: I have checked your user permissions on the site and all is in order. You should have no issues. This leads me to believe that the issue is on your end w/your browser or security settings for this site.

Comment

The browser could be part of your problem. If it does not accept the cookies from this site, then this could be why you are having problems. Can you use another browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Make sure you are set up to accept cookies from this site.

EDIT: I have checked your user permissions on the site and all is in order. You should have no issues. This leads me to believe that the issue is on your end w/your browser or security settings for this site.
                              Thanks NA9D, I went in to Vudu using Internet Explorer and I don't have the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by mag12203 View Post
                                Thanks NA9D, I went in to Vudu using Internet Explorer and I don't have the same problems.
                                YAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X