Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Have I lost my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I lost my mind?

This is what Im seriously considering-

Buy the Vudu today, and sell the BD30 and my Bluray collection while cancelling BB Online and Netfilx.

Is Vudu far enough along for that.(Just saw Happening hit HDX as soon as DVD/BR)

Re: Have I lost my mind?

Screw it, just bought the 250gig from best buy, DOH!

Gonna put the bd30 up for sale along with the movies. Going digital.

Comment

I can tell you that I really don't have a need for a DVD player in the house anymore with the exception of playing DVDs for my kids b/c most of the kid stuff on Vudu is purchase only.

However, IF Vudu would allow media streaming from networked computers or storage then ALL my media problems would be solved!

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post
        However, IF Vudu would allow media streaming from networked computers or storage then ALL my media problems would be solved!
        AMEN to that!

Comment

Originally posted by elwaylite View Post
          Screw it, just bought the 250gig from best buy, DOH!

Gonna put the bd30 up for sale along with the movies. Going digital.
          YAY! I think you'll be happy. Now, keep in mind that there may be times when you will want to buy the DVD (special extended edition or extra content that isn't on Vudu). So I would hang onto the player and movies unless you need the cash.

Comment

Honestly, we just watch em and go.

Ive been wanting to go VOD for awhile, PQ just wasnt there. Now with the 1080p coming to Directv and Vudu's HDX, no worries.

Only time I rewatch a movie is during a Holiday or something and someone wants too. With Vudu, Ill just re-rent it. Ive also had enough of the long waits and throttling from Netflix Blockbuster.

Ive also been using Amazon unbox for tv shows, getting ready to connect it to my 50" plasma so I can replay them on the tv.

Ive been spending about $25/week buying blurays and $30/mo on online rentals, all the while not getting my moneys worth. Ill gladly rent 1-2 new releases from VOD from now on.

Comment

I think, the major benefit for VUDU is convenience. I have HTPC, TiVo, 360, and PS3 hooked up to my TV along with VUDU. I could easily "acquire" movies on the inter-tubes or get them with my Blockbuster Online (suspended for now), but it's just so much easier to fire up VUDU.

Although, for certain blockbuster titles I'd probably stick with Blu-Ray, so I think PS3+VUDU combo is ideal (especially, when paired with PlayOn's software for Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix playback).

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post
                I can tell you that I really don't have a need for a DVD player in the house anymore with the exception of playing DVDs for my kids b/c most of the kid stuff on Vudu is purchase only.

Tell me about it -- I've got a little over 1TB of content on my network, and that's with only a handful of ripped DVDs. But the real power in being a media extender is that Vudu would become the portal for all your content, and so you'd always turn on your Vudu to see what you wanted to watch, not just when you felt like renting a movie. I think that would increase revenue by getting eyeballs on the paid content more often, instead of decreasing rentals and purchases by allowing access to free user-provided content, which might be a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                  Tell me about it -- I've got a little over 1TB of content on my network, and that's with only a handful of ripped DVDs. But the real power in being a media extender is that Vudu would become the portal for all your content, and so you'd always turn on your Vudu to see what you wanted to watch, not just when you felt like renting a movie. I think that would increase revenue by getting eyeballs on the paid content more often, instead of decreasing rentals and purchases by allowing access to free user-provided content, which might be a concern.
                  Well, I sold 67 blurays on AVS in about 4 hours last night, boy was that hectic

Also have offer on the player, so Ive paid for my Vudu box and then some. Also ordered a cable last night to allow me to watch the tv shows I missed off Amazon, from my laptop to my HDTV.

Comment

The only way to get the best picture and the best audio quality is from the Blu-ray Discs and players(and HD DVD). VUDU does complement BD very well and for me I use it for titles that I might not want to buy or something I want to see on the spur of the moment. Even with the HDX titles they look very good and sound better than a DVD, but the audio is nowhere near what lossless DolbyTRueHD and DTS-MA can sound like on BDs and the video is still not as good as most BD titles. But the VUDU is certainly very convenient.

I also have over 630 titles between HD DVD and BD and I still use my two VUDU boxes.

Comment

I don't think the HDX will top BR, but on my 50" the 1080p/24 Directv is using looks VERY good. Its plenty for me, so the convenience makes it a no brainer for me.

I like the HD audios, but audio was never as important to me as the wait and the cost.

Comment

I probably shouldn't even start going down this path but I can't help it...

I fully understand that some people are into getting the very best picture and the very best audio and and they are certainly entitled to their own opinion.

But for ME... I just have to laugh b/c the difference in quality that we're talking about here and the relative benefit of those differences is marginal at best. If I were that concerned with the quality then I'd spend all my time analyzing the quality of the output rather than the content and to me that defeats the whole purpose of watching a movie in the first place.

I think what Vudu has done with the tiers of service is a nearly perfect solution. HDX is as good as I really care to get. I mean - if they were to offer something better at the same price then I'd consider renting it but that's about it. I wouldn't pay more for any further increase in quality.

Again - to each his own. I'm just stating how I feel.

Comment

So, elwaylite - have you gotten your Vudu yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Just checked the tracking, delivered tomorrow!

Will be watching Forbidden kingdom in HD Fri night (next movie on my list).

Comment

Originally posted by elwaylite View Post
                              Just checked the tracking, delivered tomorrow!

Will be watching Forbidden kingdom in HD Fri night (next movie on my list).
                              Yay! We want a full accounting of your out of box experience!

Comment

Working...
                              X