Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disney/Touchstone Movies downgrading to SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These last two posts are really good and make sense. Thanks for posting these well thought-out comments. Please read them Vudu!

Comment

The tragic part is the neither Vudu or MA are communicating with the users with the explanation and expected solution. Besides FelipeF (along with DanielH) who are the only ones who really care and try to help everyone, the rest of Vudu (and MA) couldn't care less about the users.

Comment

This has been fixed, you should see your downgraded titles returning to HD shortly.

Comment

Mine went back to HD on Amazon. Can't connect my Vudu and MA at the moment, but assume they would go back to HDX as well.

Comment

Originally posted by VuduAddict View Post
            This has been fixed, you should see your downgraded titles returning to HD shortly.
            Not here. How do you know it's fixed? Captain America First Avenger and Dick Tracy still showing SD for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherRobin View Post

Not here. How do you know it's fixed? Captain America First Avenger and Dick Tracy still showing SD for me.
              Like I said, it will return to HD shortly. Movies Anywhere is rolling it out, may take some time depending on rollout.

Comment

So this is interesting:

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...definition-SD-

"Movies redeemed at Movies Anywhere or connected digital retailers prior to November 14, 2017, using a standard definition (SD) digital copy code were being incorrectly recorded as high definition (HD) transactions. Starting November 14, 2017, all new SD transactions will be properly recorded as SD transactions. If you are unsure as to whether your digital movie code is SD or HD, please contact the customer care team for the specific studio that issued your digital movie code."

Comment

Now why couldn't they have come out with that days ago when this first started appearing to happen to users accounts? Or at least acknowledged something was screwed up and they were looking into it. I wouldn't even have known who to blame and contact had it not been for FelipeF's post. Again, a simple tweet from MA's customer care twitter or facebook page. Instead, consumers left in the dark.

I'm just glad it's appearing to be resolved. It hasn't filtered through to my account, but knowing what the mistake was, I wont be worrying about it any longer. And props for acknowledging those XML SD titles weren't supposed to be ported as HD (here I thought it was just a nice feature of MA, go figure that it's not the case, lol) but due to their mistake allowing all of us to keep them in HD. If they said the non-Disney SD XML titles will remain SD, the DMA titles best had reverted back to HD though, seeing as MA was obliged to keep what DMA already offered us. I could just imagine the uproar had that been the case. haha

Comment

... So I guess this cancels out the old DMA policy of free upgrades of all digital codes to HD regardless of their source. DMA raved about that policy as part of their message of being a better service. So far, there is virtually nothing that I think makes MA superior to UV and a laundry list of why they're worse.

Comment

Okay mine are all back to normal now.

Comment

Mine are still messed up.

I also don't understand why MA doesn't show the version you own...SD or HD...on their site. That seems like something that you would have the right to know.

Thus far, MA has been total trash as I am concerned.

Comment

My chat with MA

MA:
                          Thank you to explain why some of the movies are SD as opposed to HD please check out our help page article:
                          Let me know if you have any questions after checking it out!

Me:
                          That doesn't help me at all
                          My redemption WAS in HD

MA:
                          I understand, the movies that were in HD previously should go back, it is just going to take a little bit of time

Me:
                          ok..I don't understand why they would have changed anyway. They weren't SD movies that you guys upped to HD, they were HD from day 1 with iTunes.
                          I redeemed HD codes from blu rays

MA:
                          I don't have a confirmed answer as to why it happened, we are still looking into getting some additional details. If you purchased HD movies you will still end up with those HD movies

Me:
                          So how long should I give it?

MA:
                          I would say to check back in a week but we don't have that confirmed just yet either because this issue did just arise last night

Comment

So they are saying now that any movies that were bumped up to HD with a SD redemption before 11/14 will stay HD....doesn't explain why movies that were originally HD to begin with got bumped down.

Comment

Originally posted by ithinkurcrazy View Post
                              So they are saying now that any movies that were bumped up to HD with a SD redemption before 11/14 will stay HD....doesn't explain why movies that were originally HD to begin with got bumped down.
                              Funny thing, I can think of four movies in my collection that upgraded to HD and weren't downgraded in this snafu: Hook, Phone Booth, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen (Theatrical Version).

Comment

Of course, as preciously stated, none of this explains how Movies Anywhere can do ANYTHING that affects a movie that is already on Vudu. That is a MAJOR concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X