Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Feedback about New Vudu Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feedback about New Vudu Interface

If it's really that simple, they probably would be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq View Post
      Hopefully that will be coming soon!

I can deal with it for the most part except...

With some tv shows I have found the countdown timer covers actual show content

I guess the idea was that the timer would only be covering credits that a lot of people do not care about, but unfortunately that isn't always the case.

I kind of wish we had a skin toggle option that would let us revert to the old style vudu app with no watchlist and no autoplay, but then I wouldn't have anything to come on here and post about

Thanks again to all the engineers for taking our comments into consideration.
      The autoplay wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for that horrible clock posted over the screen. If you play a trailer for an episode you own it starts playing the countdown clock over that too and covers the video for the last ten seconds. This was obviously a feature the so called "engineers" didn't test out at all before implementing. The clock needs to go permanently, just have it play the next episode after the credits end. Just because some people don't care about seeing the credits it doesn't mean that none of us do, I have a write to see them for episodes I purchased and not have them hidden behing a Vudu pop up that covers half of my screen. Then of course they need to give us the option to turn auto play off completely. It's a pretty simple request, and we're all still waiting for this to get fixed, come on Vudu how long does it take?

I want my watchlist cleared out too, and I want the ability to mark all watched shows as new.

Comment

Wow- way to show respect for your customers there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
          Who's going to watch all those movies and set the markers? I'm sure if there was an easy way to get the chapters from the physical media, they'd do it. But it's video on demand, it's not physical media.
          Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
          If it's really that simple, they probably would be doing it.
          Wait, which is it?

In reality, I would guess the apps are designed for a certain number of chapters for ease of use or simplicity and movies have different numbers of chapters and some have a lot, so for now they are taking the easy/simpler way and making movies fit Vudu's template and not fitting their template to the movies.

Comment

Well, that's two separate posts of mine. In the first post, I did not know there was a website that lists physical media chapter points. In my second post, I pointed out that if Vudu could easily make use of that website's data, they would. I don't see where my posts contradict each other. I'm sure there's a lot more to making a movie available for VOD than customers realize. There's alot of customers posting here who make it sound so simple.

Comment

Jeff - just as in the other thread, I made no comment about this being super easy or anything. But this is a thread on the new interface...what type of feedback do you expect to see in here? Please make the green button blue? You seem to be getting defensive over just another request added to a long list. I made no demands or tirades or negative comments but just politely asked a question and then followed up with feedback on the interface based on how I would like to use the software and why it mattered to me as a user.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                If it will calm people down (things are getting a bit chippy/borderline insulting, let's keep it constructive):

FYI, all suggestions on this thread are noted and being considered - and many are already planned (and have been for a while). Can't always get everything in the first release, unfortunately. I'm a movie purist more than many (maybe not "Alan Smithee", but at least enough to get that joke) and agree with many of the comments. But for what it's worth priorities and decisions were made based on customer feedback and testing - VUDU forum users are always passionate but not always representative...

The long-time customers out there will appreciate that the VUDU app features and UI have continuously updated/evolved for what, 7+ years, and I challenge you to name another company that has kept every TV/BD/STB UI up to date for that long. I could go through a feature laundry list over that time, and there is another laundry list of new features to add, but unfortunately I can't go through those
                Jake - I wanted to respond to this and say that as someone new to Vudu, it is exactly all the great work you guys have put in over the years that got me converting my collection, buying into UV, and starting to buy digital only copies here on Vudu recently.

When I signed up, I read all 68 pages of the Master Vudu thread over at AVS Forum to get a sense of history of the service, going back to when the original hardware Vudu box was released and the service really has grown and matured over the years!

Comment

Naylia, my response to you was just about wondering how Vudu would go about accomplishing that. If they can do that, good on you. It just seems a Herculean task to me. There's no template that would work for every movie. Each movie would need to be analyzed individually. Your suggestion is not one that excites me. it wouldn't bother me if it was adopted, either.

Comment

We're approaching the three month mark since the new Vudu interface was forced on all of us and so far none of the suggestions talked about here seem to be getting fixed. God awful forced autoplay with clock countdown is still in full effect, still no option to play partially watched items from the beginning, and still no way to clear the watch list. Is it too much to hope that these things will ever be addressed anytime soon?

Comment

Still none of these issues are fixed! How long is it going to take?

Comment

Originally posted by Emissary35 View Post
                        Still none of these issues are fixed! How long is it going to take?
                        I would say you have made your point. have you called Vudu and logged a ticket with your suggestions? Not everyone hates the new features i for one like the autoplay and dont want to watch or listen to the credits. and i am sure i am not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                          I would say you have made your point. have you called Vudu and logged a ticket with your suggestions? Not everyone hates the new features i for one like the autoplay and dont want to watch or listen to the credits. and i am sure i am not the only one
                          I'm glad you like the auto play and don't want to watch the credits, well I do. I'm not asking anybody to remove features that you or anyone else likes about the new interface I just want an option to disable them. If I've "made my point" as you say you should have understood that already. Forcing features with no disable option is foolish and causes problems, this thread is example enough of that.

Comment

I'll second that- and it shows how people who don't care can ruin it for those who do care. If you want to skip the credits or any other part, you can already do that with the remote. But I'll just vote with my wallet and not buy any TV series as long as they keep doing this (and hope they don't even THINK about doing anything similar with the movies!)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post
                              I'll second that- and it shows how people who don't care can ruin it for those who do care. If you want to skip the credits or any other part, you can already do that with the remote. But I'll just vote with my wallet and not buy any TV series as long as they keep doing this (and hope they don't even THINK about doing anything similar with the movies!)
                              I've also halted my purchases as well, I was in the process of buying seasons of a show but when I saw the forced auto play and countdown clock that you can't turn off I decided right then and there I'm not giving Vudu any more of my money until I can make it stop doing that. It's only a matter of time before something like this intrudes onto the movies as well. Such a foolish thing to add that will tick off a lot of people when it didn't need to be this way if they had just given us control to turn it off. I will not buy anything on Vudu unless this is resolved and the longer it goes unfixed the more faith I am losing in Vudu as a good service.

Comment

I think Vudu is a good service.

Comment

Working...
                                X