atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Unable to Cast (to Chromecast Ultra, Shield TV, Sony 4K TV) many UHD Movies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unable to Cast (to Chromecast Ultra, Shield TV, Sony 4K TV) many UHD Movies

    Specifically many Warner Bros. titles (Blade Runner 2049, Dunkirk...) will not Cast from the Vudu app to my Shield TV or a Sony TV (both Chrome Cast enabled boxes).

    HDX versions of these movies work properly, and some other UHD movies will Cast as well - like "Oblivion".

    Appears that titles with Dolby Vison and HDR 10 won't work - may be others besides Warner Bros (the Disney "Thor" movie, for example).

    I see there was an extensive thread on this issue going back about 3 months, but that thread was somewhat mysteriously Closed, it seems.

    This is definitely an issue, especially since the Vudu app on the Shield TV is broken, as all video coming out of it is too dark (not just UHD or HDR titles - any title).

    Because of this, one needs to "Cast" from a phone or tablet to get around the defective Vudu app (Shield TV only - other platforms like Roku or TVs don't seem to have whatever issue the Shield TV vudu app has), but Casting won't work with those certain UHD titles.


    #2
    Support for casting these new titles will be released for Chromecast (and related platforms like Shield and Vizio) in the near future - it's going through final QA now.

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks for responding on this.

      While I realize you don't have a specific date, can you provide a window - closer to several weeks, or several months?

      Comment


        #4
        We are hoping for next week, but you can't quote me on that

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks - sounds good. And don't worry - I won't...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jake View Post
            We are hoping for next week, but you can't quote me on that
            Next week is my birthday so that would be a great gift...

            93 UHD
            860 HDX
            3 SD

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jake View Post
              Support for casting these new titles will be released for Chromecast (and related platforms like Shield and Vizio) in the near future - it's going through final QA now.
              That's awesome, so was it DV profile?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Jake View Post
                We are hoping for next week, but you can't quote me on that
                Any new updates?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Vudu released an update yesterday. It did not fix this issue. I've been asking for 2 months for refunds on 8 UHD titles that only play HDX on Chromecast Ultra. Tonight, a supervisor put me on hold for an extended time at my request and came back with a clear response. Accounting said "No, they will not refund the titles because they believe they will be fixed in another update due next week". Per posts online, this has been occurring at least since December 2017. I have no faith in their promises and I'm appalled at their lack of customer support and unethical practices (i.e., you can't contest a charge with your credit card company because Vudu will automatically SHUT DOWN your entire account and movie library).

                  I'm back to physical discs from now on. They play beautifully and I've never had my Oppo BD players show the incorrect resolution, color gamut, or audio format. And if something ever DOES fail to play, I won't have an unethical company like Vudu holding my entire library of physical discs hostage if I need to return one for some reason.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by SolomonJ View Post
                    Vudu released an update yesterday. It did not fix this issue. I've been asking for 2 months for refunds on 8 UHD titles that only play HDX on Chromecast Ultra. Tonight, a supervisor put me on hold for an extended time at my request and came back with a clear response. Accounting said "No, they will not refund the titles because they believe they will be fixed in another update due next week". Per posts online, this has been occurring at least since December 2017. I have no faith in their promises and I'm appalled at their lack of customer support and unethical practices (i.e., you can't contest a charge with your credit card company because Vudu will automatically SHUT DOWN your entire account and movie library).

                    I'm back to physical discs from now on. They play beautifully and I've never had my Oppo BD players show the incorrect resolution, color gamut, or audio format. And if something ever DOES fail to play, I won't have an unethical company like Vudu holding my entire library of physical discs hostage if I need to return one for some reason.
                    You're right as this has taken entirely too long to fix and I blame both Vudu and Google for this issue. It never should have happened and when it did start back in December, it should have been fixed way before this.

                    95 UHD
                    861 HDX
                    3 SD

                    Comment


                      #11
                      My opinion is that they don't want to communicate with their customers, and keep the situation internally contained. I suspect this means the issues are not solvable with their current staffing situation.

                      Vudu is (or was, anyway) a well funded company - I don't know who's running it, but my opinion is that he / she should be running (or maybe not running...) something else.

                      I hate apple and their practices, but if it tells you anything, I just bought an apple TV 4K (and not to watch Vudu on it - that's another app disaster story...) with the realization Vudu wasn't going to fix the app on the Shield (they are unable to figure out it is broken - or don't want to admit it, one of the two), likely would not or could not fix the Casting issue, thereby driving me - a customer for a very long time - to another source for my streaming movie needs. I'm still happy to use Vudu if they ever get it together (and I still have an open mind when and if that happens), but for now I'm going elsewhere...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by telljcl View Post
                        My opinion is that they don't want to communicate with their customers, and keep the situation internally contained. I suspect this means the issues are not solvable with their current staffing situation.

                        Vudu is (or was, anyway) a well funded company - I don't know who's running it, but my opinion is that he / she should be running (or maybe not running...) something else.

                        I hate apple and their practices, but if it tells you anything, I just bought an apple TV 4K (and not to watch Vudu on it - that's another app disaster story...) with the realization Vudu wasn't going to fix the app on the Shield (they are unable to figure out it is broken - or don't want to admit it, one of the two), likely would not or could not fix the Casting issue, thereby driving me - a customer for a very long time - to another source for my streaming movie needs. I'm still happy to use Vudu if they ever get it together (and I still have an open mind when and if that happens), but for now I'm going elsewhere...
                        Me too, I bought two Apple TV 4K boxes because of the many issues Vudu has been having recently with no fix.

                        95 UHD
                        861 HDX
                        3 SD

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by telljcl View Post
                          My opinion is that they don't want to communicate with their customers, and keep the situation internally contained. I suspect this means the issues are not solvable with their current staffing situation.

                          Vudu is (or was, anyway) a well funded company - I don't know who's running it, but my opinion is that he / she should be running (or maybe not running...) something else.

                          I hate apple and their practices, but if it tells you anything, I just bought an apple TV 4K (and not to watch Vudu on it - that's another app disaster story...) with the realization Vudu wasn't going to fix the app on the Shield (they are unable to figure out it is broken - or don't want to admit it, one of the two), likely would not or could not fix the Casting issue, thereby driving me - a customer for a very long time - to another source for my streaming movie needs. I'm still happy to use Vudu if they ever get it together (and I still have an open mind when and if that happens), but for now I'm going elsewhere...
                          Yea, just watch closely. I had Apple selling me 4K movies but recording it on the receipt as HD, and then telling Movies Anywhere I only purchased HD. I don't know if that is resolved yet. It's kind of weird with Apple's "free UHD upgrade" policy.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Is there any update on this?

                            Its likely that this is highly illegal, Vudu charging for a service which doesn't work even when using their 'supported' casting method and then to top it all off they deny refunds for. Warning to Vudu, be on the lookout for any summons.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by blavenn View Post
                              Is there any update on this?

                              Warning to Vudu, be on the lookout for any summons.
                              The reason why there has been no Vudu response to you blavenn is that you have scared them all out of the building. Good job. Now we will never hear back from them ever again on these forums.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X