Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Non 4K UHD List - 4K UHD Elsewhere

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
    Here is the spreadsheet, a work in progress. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Z8I/edit#gid=0

    If anyone has any blank spots they can fill in feel free to post and I will get them updated.
    Great job on that list. I appreciate the effort you took in putting it together

    Comment


      #32
      I think we got all done. There could be some still missing, or mistakes on some listings. If anyone sees any please let me know, and if you know of a title not listed, share that as well.

      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Z8I/edit#gid=0

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
        I think we got all done. There could be some still missing, or mistakes on some listings. If anyone sees any please let me know, and if you know of a title not listed, share that as well.

        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Z8I/edit#gid=0
        I love the spreadsheet but are you able to tell which of the FandangoNow UHD titles have HDR and which do not? The FandangoNow website mixes the two together where all the SDR titles are with the HDR titles. They only have a link to go the HDR but not SDR alone. The SDR section contains all the 4k titles so it's still hard to tell if it's only SDR. Can you add a column that shows whether it's HDR or not? I know that's asking a lot but it doesn't hurt to ask?

        126 UHD
        841 HDX
        3 SD

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by lujan View Post

          I love the spreadsheet but are you able to tell which of the FandangoNow UHD titles have HDR and which do not? The FandangoNow website mixes the two together where all the SDR titles are with the HDR titles. They only have a link to go the HDR but not SDR alone. The SDR section contains all the 4k titles so it's still hard to tell if it's only SDR. Can you add a column that shows whether it's HDR or not? I know that's asking a lot but it doesn't hurt to ask?

          126 UHD
          841 HDX
          3 SD
          That's I'm not sure of. I never use FN unless it's to buy something on sale for the sole purpose of it porting into Vudu, then stick watching what is offered on Vudu.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
            I think we got all done. There could be some still missing, or mistakes on some listings. If anyone sees any please let me know, and if you know of a title not listed, share that as well.

            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Z8I/edit#gid=0
            You should add the link to your spreadsheet in the OP. Thank you again for taking the time to make this list.

            Comment


              #36
              Great list. The majority prefers Vudu to Fandango, but we still have to watch them drag their feet. I want to view my 4K's on Vudu, not other providers. Why is this so hard???

              Comment


                #37
                Wasteland...a big (HIGH 5) for putting this together, very helpful in showing who has what. One thing..would it be possible to add VUDU say in column G showing whether they have the title in UHD compaired to other storefronts? If they don't and happen to add at some point an time...then you can change the NO to YES. This way we can see who has what all across the board at one place. If that's not possible, I understand and don't want to add to much more work for ya on a already great spreadsheet, just thought i'd ask. Keep up the good fight..dawg..and keep us informed. (PEACE)

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by rdawg View Post
                  Wasteland...a big (HIGH 5) for putting this together, very helpful in showing who has what. One thing..would it be possible to add VUDU say in column G showing whether they have the title in UHD compaired to other storefronts? If they don't and happen to add at some point an time...then you can change the NO to YES. This way we can see who has what all across the board at one place. If that's not possible, I understand and don't want to add to much more work for ya on a already great spreadsheet, just thought i'd ask. Keep up the good fight..dawg..and keep us informed. (PEACE)
                  The sheet in general only lists titles Vudu doesn't have in UHD, and others do. Once Vudu adds it, it gets removed. Unless I'm not understanding your post correctly, which could happen since I'm just waking up... lol

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

                    The sheet in general only lists titles Vudu doesn't have in UHD, and others do. Once Vudu adds it, it gets removed. Unless I'm not understanding your post correctly, which could happen since I'm just waking up... lol
                    Ok..I follow you now. Didn't know the titles were being removed when the UHD version was added. Been away for a while and just catching up. Keep at it bro!

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
                      I think we got all done. There could be some still missing, or mistakes on some listings. If anyone sees any please let me know, and if you know of a title not listed, share that as well.

                      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Z8I/edit#gid=0
                      Great spreadsheet! I really hope Vudu starts to add more of these. They are WAY behind in UHD compared to other digital providers...

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I think the sheet is up-to-date now. There might be some mistakes still. If you notice a title that's either not listed on the sheet, or the info on providers is wrong, just let me know.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                          Amazon does allow you to buy upgrades to UHD for a title you own. They actually list the UHD titles seperately.
                          I have not seen this option. Is it on a particular browser or via a particular device?

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by B2Net View Post

                            I have not seen this option. Is it on a particular browser or via a particular device?
                            Yup, the links to buy the UHD are all seperate. It took me a while to figure this out.
                            You can Google the title + Ultra HD or manually search @ https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/stor...&pf_rd_t=12401
                            Why they list them separate is a mystery to me. I can't even get them to show up in search results when searching on Amazon itself.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

                              Yup, the links to buy the UHD are all seperate. It took me a while to figure this out.
                              You can Google the title + Ultra HD or manually search @ https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/stor...&pf_rd_t=12401
                              Why they list them separate is a mystery to me. I can't even get them to show up in search results when searching on Amazon itself.
                              So I would have to use my list of titles I already own in HD, then search those titles in Google to discover if they are available on Amazon in UHD. I will have to try this to see if there is any Upgrades available for titles I own.

                              Do you know if the upgrade is only available for titles purchased or can you upgrade from a title you obtained via MA?

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by B2Net View Post

                                So I would have to use my list of titles I already own in HD, then search those titles in Google to discover if they are available on Amazon in UHD. I will have to try this to see if there is any Upgrades available for titles I own.

                                Do you know if the upgrade is only available for titles purchased or can you upgrade from a title you obtained via MA?
                                You should be able to just upgrade from a MA purchase. It will show your MA owned titled in the SD/HD listing, but the UHD listing is separate page, and will ask you to buy it, then it will port back to MA as UHD - at least they should. I've only bought one UHD upgrade from Amazon because their prices are mostly outrageous, and that purchase was by accident, but since Amazon was the only place I could upgrade that title on at the moment, I went ahead and kept the purchase. I'll send you a PM with a couple links to explain it more.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X