Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Chromecast with Google Tv no longer a compatible device to watch UHD content on the Vudu app? After purchasing UHD content, the option to select UHD for viewing is no longer available, only HDX is the highest quality available. Am I wrong? I am positive that I have watched UHD content from Vudu in the past on my Chromecast with Google Tv.

Comment

Did VUDU stop adding device support? I bought a Sony UBP-X800 years ago, and it STILL won't play my UHD content on VUDU.
      This list appears to have died in 2018.
      I am very disappointed with Vudu.

Comment

This list it's so antiquated and very limited.
        ​​​​For years since 2017 I've been patiently waiting for the Android app to be able to stream UHD content to capable 4K HDR phones. Reached out multiple times over the years with support, sent emails, left feedback and still nothing. Changed multiple times my Android phones and all were capable of streaming UHD.

And not long ago I got the latest Sony Xperia with HDR BT.2020 and still nothing just HD. Meanwhile I can stream 4K HDR10 with YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I just stopped from buying movies at Vudu all together some time ago. I'm done.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Friedrich View Post
          Did VUDU stop adding device support? I bought a Sony UBP-X800 years ago, and it STILL won't play my UHD content on VUDU.
          This list appears to have died in 2018.
          I am very disappointed with Vudu.
          The app will likely never be updated, since Vudu is not available on the newer UBP-X800M2 player.

Comment

it's taking a very long time for my 4k laptop to be able to view 4k movies on Vudu :/

Comment

I just want it to be available on phones. Google has been doing it for a long time.

Comment

I have been with vudu for approximately 10 years, and have about 700 movies, in all different formats. From SD to approximately 125 UHD. I have more than adequate equipment to play the UHD. since the new ownrrs have taken over. The ability to play the UHD, has totally disappeared from the selection list. Curious on my equipment the UHD selections did play just fine, not anymore. After calling customer service several times, and speaking with representatives, who obviously feigned ignorance about the problem. It's no better. Unfortunately with so much money invested it's not a viable option to merely quit. In addition to not showing the UHD playback for the current selections, it doesn't show up on the newly purchased selections either.Isn't selling something without the ability to make proprietary use out of it constitute as Fraudulent? Yeah Believe So! Too Bad, though, VUDU, used to be an excellent service, and extremely easy to deal with, apparently the new owners, are only concerned with money, and not at all with having the class to be a true quality organization.

Comment

Seriously this is a bad problem. I would love to see Vudu do something about this

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                    An on-going list of devices that are certified for Vudu UHD content playback.

Last update: 12/31/18

You may purchase or rent Vudu UHD movies via a web browser, mobile apps, and select living room devices. However, 4K UHD playback will be dependent on your device set-up..
                    So this list hasn't been updated in almost 4 years. When is PC going to join the 4K UHD device list? I don't understand this. PC's have been able to stream DHCP content for almost a decade now or maybe even longer. I have a pc connected to my 4K tv, and stream 4K content via other streaming services. Why has VUDU not jumped on this train???

Also, UPDATE the list. It's WOEFULLY out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by Teed Off 10000 View Post
                      I have been with vudu for approximately 10 years, and have about 700 movies, in all different formats. From SD to approximately 125 UHD. I have more than adequate equipment to play the UHD. since the new ownrrs have taken over. The ability to play the UHD, has totally disappeared from the selection list. Curious on my equipment the UHD selections did play just fine, not anymore. After calling customer service several times, and speaking with representatives, who obviously feigned ignorance about the problem. It's no better. Unfortunately with so much money invested it's not a viable option to merely quit. In addition to not showing the UHD playback for the current selections, it doesn't show up on the newly purchased selections either.Isn't selling something without the ability to make proprietary use out of it constitute as Fraudulent? Yeah Believe So! Too Bad, though, VUDU, used to be an excellent service, and extremely easy to deal with, apparently the new owners, are only concerned with money, and not at all with having the class to be a true quality organization.
                      I have a question for you. What equipment are you using? The reason I ask is that I use Vudu and have been for 20 years. I'm not having any issues watching 4K with/without HDR and in Atmos if available. I don't know if I'll be able to help or not, but maybe if you tell me what you're using, I can compare it to mine and possibly make some suggestions.

Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Subzero7 View Post

I have a question for you. What equipment are you using? The reason I ask is that I use Vudu and have been for 20 years. I'm not having any issues watching 4K with/without HDR and in Atmos if available. I don't know if I'll be able to help or not, but maybe if you tell me what you're using, I can compare it to mine and possibly make some suggestions.

Tim.
                        Vudu has only existed for about 15 years (well technically 18 years but for the first three years they weren't in production) and it wasn't until about 12 years ago that they switched focus from a hardware-based service to more of an app-based service.

Comment

I have a Philips 65PFL5602/F7 5000 series 4k smart tv with up to date firmware on the tv. In the past I had the option to playback movies in UHD but now that option is gone. Every movie I purchased with UHD can only play SD or HD. Did Vudu remove UHD/4K support for this Smart TV?

Comment

I despise smart app devices. Especially TV’s. The performance isn’t a good as an upmarket streamer. My $7k Sony Master Series OLED stop getting firmware updates as soon as it was replaced. The apps get occasional updates but not nearly as much as my Roku Ultra or even my Apple TV. Roku and Apple are also really could about updates for older models.

Vudu could stop support due to limited volume, TV’s could stop allowing more updates, all sort of reasons.

Roku has one of the latest we install basis and would get most support. Vudu is drastically crippled on the Apple TV due to how Apple expects a cut of everything.

When I got my high end Roku 4K TV the performance was so bad compared to my older Roku Ultra on my Pioneer Kuro Series OLED I moved it Roku TV to my office as a second monitor and bought the Sony Master Series OLED and the new Roku Ultra.

Keep in mine that the Studios have a LOT of control over how Vudu handles things, especially on which devices.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                              An on-going list of devices that are certified for Vudu UHD content playback.

Last update: 12/31/18

You may purchase or rent Vudu UHD movies via a web browser, mobile apps, and select living room devices. However, 4K UHD playback will be dependent on your device set-up.

4K Ultra HD Playback only
                              • Arris Mi4 (2017 IP900)
                              • Roku 4
                              • Roku Premiere
                              • Roku 4K TVs (without HDR support)
                              • VIZIO P-Series & M-Series 4K HDTVs (Non-SmartCast)
                              4K Ultra HD + HDR Playback
                              • Apple TV 4K - app version 1.1.1 or later (set default playback quality to UHD)
                              • Sony 4K TVs (2016 onward) with the Vudu Android TV app v4.2 and higher
                              • Google Chromecast Ultra
                              • LG UHD, Super UHD and OLED TVs (from 2016 onward)
                              • Nvidia Shield TV
                              • Philips 5000, 6000 Series 4K TVs
                              • Philips Blu-ray Disc Player 2018 BDP7303/F7
                              • Roku 4K TVs with HDR support (e.g. TCL P & C-Series)
                              • Roku Streaming Stick+, Premiere+, Ultra
                              • Samsung KU, KS, Q, MU, and NU (NU71XX and higher) Series 4K TVs
                              • Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player UBD-M9500
                              • Sony UBP-X700
                              • Tivo Bolt (2015 TCD849000)<= New!
                              • VIZIO Smartcast P & M-Series 4K TVs (2016 onward)
                              • Xbox One S, One X
                              More information at: www.vudu.com/UHD
                              App or Firmware update may be required. Due to variances in manufacturing not all devices within models may not compatible.
                              Are there any updates since 2018? I'm able to stream in UHD via the "Movies and TV" Microsoft App for Movies Anywhere content from VUDU but I can't stream UHD from any browser or via the app on my Samsung UN55HU9000FXZA 4K UHD TV.

Comment

The new Walmart "onn. Google TV 4K Streaming Box" doesn't currently have support for UHD in the Vudu app. (The old version also did not.) Any idea if support will be added?

Comment

Working...
                                X