Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD 4K is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu UHD 4K is here!

VUDU UHD Is now available on three more TV models.

Updates will be listed here: https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...e-Devices-List

VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs
    VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs
    VIZIO D-Series 4K HDTVs

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey, it is nice to have a lower price point for these now.

With regard to external devices can you comment on vudu coming to the nvidia shield and if it will support HDR which the Roku 4 doesn't support?
      Will it be possible to download movies to the internal harddrive of the shield when vudu is available on the shield?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
        VUDU UHD Is now available on three more TV models.

Updates will be listed here: https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...e-Devices-List

VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs
        VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs
        VIZIO D-Series 4K HDTVs
        Why are they still just Vizio TVs?

701 HDX
        2 HD
        2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by woodrowjr View Post
          I think you know the answer to this, based on "I've done this for VHS, DVD, BLURAY, then Digital HDX... " Did they give you break when upgrading to any of those formats? I fully expect some sort of discount on some titles but no way is Disney going to budge on that. What incentive would the studio have to upgrading their encodes if they were giving the away for free? I don't think UV ever promised that you won't have to pay for the movie again.

For a vast majority of people HDX would be fine. Hell DVD's have not been replaced by Blu-ray. I doubt most consumers are going to be able to tell the difference between 4K and 1080p especially on smaller screens. Plus are the studios going to spend the money to redo all of their old catalog? Probably not.
          There is a loophole.

street price of a UHD title is ~thirty.

Now, most of us here have the bulk of our titles in our library as a result of the D2D incentive program. My count is about 80% from D2D with the remaining 20% outright purchases.

Assuming Vudu/DECE collude, we could be looking at a steep discount to go from HDX to UHD by doing a D2D transaction again on titles which have UHD availability.

Free? no.

Heavily discounted I think is fair to assume will be available shortly.

As to quality delta's, IMHO, 4k rocks visually, but the Atmos sound standard has up to 64 individual speaker feeds with 128 distinct channels. For anyone looking for a home theater setup, Vudu UHD is the top of the line.

BRD does not touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
            Critical reports I've heard from AVSforum is that Vudu UHD 4k is comparable to a high quality Blu-Ray title. In some cases marginally better. It will not apparently compete with actual 4k UHD blu-ray when they start shipping.

Best picture and sound is typically blu-ray and has been. But streaming is good enough for most; let alone far more convenient.
            optical disc as a medium is in it's twilight days.

Commercial movie theaters are moving from film to digital. In-home playback has benefited from this transition just as fast residential bandwidth is becoming prolific, making OTT streaming the obvious next step. With Dolby Atmos audio, a home theater can be all but un-distinguishable from a commercial. That is assuming the OTT playback is Vudu UHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post

BRD does not touch it.
              What's BRD? Blu-ray disk?

703 HDX
              2 HD
              2 SD

Comment

Bluray Disc

Comment

I just purchased the Vizio M70 UHD TV and also have a compatible UHD Denon A/V receiver that is capable of playing Atmos.

Does anyone know if using my TV's Vudu app, and choosing one of the movies that lists as UHD and Atmos capable, should it send Atmos quality audio via the ARC HDMI connection back to my receiver?

Or, do you have to use a separate media device (Roku 4) to get the Atmos audio?

Comment

Originally posted by merlin803 View Post
                    I just purchased the Vizio M70 UHD TV and also have a compatible UHD Denon A/V receiver that is capable of playing Atmos.

Does anyone know if using my TV's Vudu app, and choosing one of the movies that lists as UHD and Atmos capable, should it send Atmos quality audio via the ARC HDMI connection back to my receiver?

if your Denon has a face-plate indicator when detecting atmos, it should light. Either an optical or ARC HDMI should work.

If you do not have a atmos detecting indicator on your receiver/amp, but you have more then five speakers, you could check the ceiling facing speakers for sound. I think with a standard 5.1 feed, those stay quiet.

Hopefully soon, Vizio will come out with a Atmos sound system. Their 5.1 packages are pretty slick and stupid easy to setup and use.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin803 View Post

I know the 2014 P-series does not support DD+/ATMOS over ARC. Since the 2015 M-series is basically the same HW as the 2014 P, it probably doesn't either, though it is possible they upgraded their HDMI hardware to do it. The R-series and 2016 P series will support it, not that that helps you...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        I know the 2014 P-series does not support DD+/ATMOS over ARC. Since the 2015 M-series is basically the same HW as the 2014 P, it probably doesn't either, though it is possible they upgraded their HDMI hardware to do it. The R-series and 2016 P series will support it, not that that helps you...
                        Yep, I just tried to get Atmos to work via ARC and it did not work. I played the same thing through my Roku 3 and it did work.

So, looks like that would be a good reason to upgrade to the Roku 4 for me.

Comment

Unless I missing something...... It would be nice to be able to search for UHD movies on here. I can on Netflix......

I have found some by searching the internet, but I would rather use VUDU.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredqwest View Post
                            Unless I missing something...... It would be nice to be able to search for UHD movies on here. I can on Netflix......

I have found some by searching the internet, but I would rather use VUDU.
                            On a UHD device the movies are listed under the collections tab by (UHD Collection}. Also you can learn more about VUDU UHD and see the current list of available titles currently 21 at http://www.Vudu.com/UHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                              On a UHD device the movies are listed under the collections tab by (UHD Collection}. Also you can learn more about VUDU UHD and see the current list of available titles currently 21 at http://www.Vudu.com/UHD.
                              I wish Vudu would get The Maze Runner Scorch Trials... I hear it's very good especially with HDR.

704 HDX
                              2 HD
                              2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                                I wish Vudu would get The Maze Runner Scorch Trials... I hear it's very good especially with HDR.

703 HDX
                                2 HD
                                2 SD
                                yep i certainly enjoyed it in HDR on my js9500. what tv do you have?

I wanted to mention, that the ROKU 4 is now carrying MGO and finally gives other tv brands besides mgo access to the app. similar to vudu UHD, i believe this is just the 1st step in granting access to the MGO app on tvs built in app store. so when mgo comes to other tv brands, the scorch trails in HDR will be available to you. but you will need the western digital passport to download the 4k movie which is about 75 gigs. the passport comes with mazerunner part 1 and exodus, but those are early HDR grades and are not reference quality. scorch trails blows away part 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X