Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Hey guys,

I received my Vudu box last week and have watched a number of movies - overall I'm pretty impressed. I'm really looking forward to the HD content and futures updates to functionality.

This forum is a great resource and I hope to be a regular here.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathon View Post
      Hey guys,

I received my Vudu box last week and have watched a number of movies - overall I'm pretty impressed. I'm really looking forward to the HD content and futures updates to functionality.

This forum is a great resource and I hope to be a regular here.
      Glad to have ya! The more the merrier.

You'll like the HD...

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
        Hey all,

Hopefully you're a new Vudu user and checking in here. Let us know if you got your box (should start arriving today), a little about yourself and your out of box experience! We want to see what you think. Cripe, this is almost as exciting as when my wife was having our children...I said ALMOST...

Got my box this evening, and seems I'm having a problem downloading firmware updates, it downloaded the first one without a problem but it appears to be hanging now.

Comment

See you posted last night - has activity picked up again? Let us know.

Comment

I received my Vudu Box 5 days ago ,setup/Movie delivery so far has been Great! I hooked it up to a Airport Ext. Base station with 4 R45 hookups for it and my other equipment choices. I'm using WiFI from this Base station
            using N standard so far VERY Fast with great download speeds VERY easy setup nothing to do with VUDU or Home Network plug in and with in 20 sec.
            all working Great !

I'm Loving my VUDU system so far!Its primary comp. for my eyes and others in my home, My Directv system and My AppleTV with iTunes,So far my VUDU has won out,The NEW HD VUDU is providing for download,is starting to make the dif. where I buy downloads in the future

Great Product !

Comment

Welcome Techguru,

Make sure you take advantage of the Bourne high def movies. Those will will show off what the VUDU can do.

I noticed that you have DirectTV. Do you subscribe to their HD service? I have been debating an update but everytime I look at it at the store it doesn't look as good as my DVD collection.

Comment

I have to say I am very impressed with the VUDU box's speed and picture quality. I was a little sad to see no wireless, but I had no problems hooking it up to my airport express via WDS (for some reason my PS3 balked at similar accommodations). I was hoping for HD through component, due to my one HDMI-port TV, but I can live with switching now and then.

I have watched a lot of stuff using the Netflix "watch now" feature, and was expecting comparable speed/quality with my VUDU. Netflix was pretty good, but VUDU so far has been excellent...no waiting, no pauses, no mpeg errors. My untrained eye couldnt see a big different between my Blu-ray discs and the new VUDU HD Bourne content. I am really looking forward to more HD content coming online (crossing fingers for Star Trek TOS Season 1!! ).

I am a movie fanatic, and am ecstatic to be one step closer to instant access to a huge movie library. Great first step VUDU! I have already convinced two people in my office to sign up, I doubt they will be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceEmperor View Post
                  I have watched a lot of stuff using the Netflix "watch now" feature, and was expecting comparable speed/quality with my VUDU. Netflix was pretty good, but VUDU so far has been excellent...no waiting, no pauses, no mpeg errors.
                  If VUDU had been anything like my Netflix "watch now" experience it would have gone back the next day! I've tried Netflix's offering multiple times and the constant stuttering (on a 5M cable connection) really put me off.

-John
                  John - 0x36d3
                  "If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman
                  Pleas support me in Tour de Cure: [url]http://main.diabetes.org/goto/John.Reddersen[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceEmperor View Post
                    I am a movie fanatic, and am ecstatic to be one step closer to instant access to a huge movie library. Great first step VUDU! I have already convinced two people in my office to sign up, I doubt they will be disappointed.
                    It's only going to get better so hang on - it's going to be a wild ride. As a friend of mine told me - all this technology stuff is just going to continue to improve and improve.

Comment

Hello everybody! I ordered my Vudu about an hour ago, and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Vudu looks like a great product with a ton of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
                        Hello everybody! I ordered my Vudu about an hour ago, and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Vudu looks like a great product with a ton of potential.
                        Just remember when you get it that the movie database is going to have to get updated and so it will take some time - usually overnight.

I think you'll be very happy with your purchase!

Comment

Welcome aboard to a great group of 'early adapters'. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks; I hope that the info that I can gain here is as good as some of the other site I visit such as AVS forums

Comment

Originally posted by rlauwereins View Post
                              Welcome aboard to a great group of 'early adapters'. Enjoy!
                              And a welcome to the "early adopters" as well...

Comment

Originally posted by marzie View Post
                                And a welcome to the "early adopters" as well...
                                Ya know, I was going to make a crank comment about early adapters but I couldn't think of something quite funny enough.

I got it....

Drum Roll Please....

An "early adapter" is what a procrastinator uses to make himself on time!

Comment

Working...
                                X