Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

The Official Movies Anywhere Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Movies Anywhere Thread

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
    Everything you need to know right here...

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...ng-1202587915/
    Not everything.

That article said nothing about 4K/UHD, which is the most important question for me. Will this service support UHD playback?

Comment

Originally posted by tomandshell View Post
      Not everything.

That article said nothing about 4K/UHD, which is the most important question for me. Will this service support UHD playback?
      Of course, through the retailers it will! I even got upgrades on what ported to iTunes

Comment

Found it:

Movies Anywhere does not currently support 3D, 4K or HDR formats.

Comment

Originally posted by tomandshell View Post
          Not everything.

The MA app does not support 4K. But the retailers will.

Comment

Titles porting over doesn?t happen instantly. With mine it kind of happened in waves. Patience...
            It's been 30 minutes..It doesn't take that long...there is nothing new importing over.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
              Yes but here?s the problem no one is talking about. Only Vudu movies I have purchased will carry over to Movies Anywhere. Any movie purchased by my UltraViolet members will likely not, although I haven?t verified. And with Movies Anywhere only the Master Account can purchase and I assume redeem titles. So any sub members can only view which is stupid IMO and is likely the big reason Amazon/Google/Apple have signed on to Movies Anywhere and never did with UltraViolet.
              Are you sure this is the case? When your UV members redeem movies they show up in Vudu as a purchase under your account. Why would they not show up in MA as a purchase under your main account?

I havent signed up yet but for the FAQ it appears as if it should work like this: UV + members should all see all movies ever loaded to the UV account upon registering. After that initial load, UV + member loads should still show up if a UV movie is redeemed (probably more so through Vudu). Non-UV movies from UV members accounts shouldnt show up because they wouldnt be listed as a purchase under your account but theirs. Because even though it shows up in their Vudu, it shows as a MA movie like Disney movies did as of yesterday.

Does this sound right to you guys?

Comment

This is terrible.

First, I happened to try and redeem the DMA code for Alice in Wonderland (1951), and the DMA site was down. I redeemed the code on the DisneyMovieRewards site, got my rewards, but the movie never appeared in my DMA library (according to my DMA app, and what I saw migrating down to my Vudu/Amazon/Google libraries). So I redeemed the code via Amazon.

Anyway, like the rest of you, I haven't been able to link my Vudu account yet. I have a bunch of UV titles that are in my Vudu library by way of the secondary accounts under my UV sharing. Since myuv.com doesn't seem to separate those movies from those I redeemed myself, would the MA compatible titles carry over? This question also applies to UltraViolet titles I bought through Fandangonow that migrated back down to my Vudu library. I guess we'll have to see.

Omissions like Lionsgate and Paramount are not small things, and will cause me to never actually use any MovieAnywhere app. I'll just keep using Vudu.

I also noticed some titles that I bought directly from Vudu that were not UV compatible aren't MA compatible either (Jackie Chan's Police Story series), so again, I'll keep using Vudu.

I was able to link my Amazon account, and I noticed at least one movie not carrying over: Highlander. So it seems like the ONLY complete library you can rely on carrying over is your DMA library, everything else is potentially partial.

Oh, and the ability to sort your library is...um...not there. It is terrible, like Fandangonow!

EDIT: This is interesting....the free titles MA gave me for linking accounts are appearing under my Amazon library now...that is pretty cool.

EDIT 2: For what it's worth, my Amazon titles that didn't port were from Paramount, Lionsgate, and Well Go USA.

Comment

So I read the article and am still a little confused. So maybe while this thread is still young, some folks can help fill in some blanks which will be useful to others as well:

1) I already had a Disney Movies Anywhere account set up which I linked to my Vudu and iTunes account. It allowed me to watch any Disney-owned movies (which included subsidiaries (?) like Marvel) on my TiVo using Vudu or on my Apple TV, regardless of who I purchased the movie from. This new Movies Anywhere thing will replace that and do the same thing, but now includes movies from most of the movie studios, not just Disney. So far, so good?

Some things I'm still confused about...

2) They mention a Movies Anywhere "app" for the iPhone and other devices. I'm thinking that the purpose of this app is two-fold: Allows you to set up a Movies Anywhere account and manage the linking of your services (e.g., Vudu, iTunes) - both of which I'm assuming could also be done via the moviesanywhere.com website, and 2) Allows you to download the movie to your device (which, if you're using this, on an iPhone you could just as easily do the same thing via the iTunes app which you've now linked). But looking at this app right now, I'm actually not seeing an option to download the movie from within the Movies Anywhere app. I do see an option to Play the movie, though. Anyone know any more as to why I would ever want to use the Movies Anywhere app?

3) So how does 4K movie sharing work with all of this? If I've bought a movie through iTunes and they've upgraded me to 4K for free, can I now watch it in 4K via a 4K-ready Vudu device? How about the opposite: if I bought it from the Vudu store in 4K, can I watch it on an Apple TV in 4K using Apple's own movie playing functionality? And where do Disney's 4K movies fall into this? It was my understanding that they weren't participating in Apple's "free 4K upgrades". Was that just a temporary thing because they were about to announce this new service?

4) I'm also curious to know the best way to set up movie sharing will be. This service has its own sub-account feature (you can set up some additional user accounts where they can play your movies but not purchase from your account). Ultraviolet had something similar. For the Apple TV and iTunes, they made it fairly easy for me to sign into my brother's account and switch between accounts, but that would give me full access to purchase movies under his account (and his credit card), which wasn't ideal.

Comment

Of course, through the retailers it will! I even got upgrades on what ported to iTunes
                    This made me excited and angry at the same time. Since i just spent money for itunes movies i already had on vudu to get the UHD versions. In addition I just returned my A4K cause it wouldnt play nice with long Active HDMI cables (Monoprice DynamicView HDR HDMI).

Comment

SO I guess there is no way to go back to just using a Disney Movies Anywhere app? The DMA site is down.

I was going to unlink everything from MA and close out the account but it looks like this will be the only option to view DMA content going forward (without having to use Vudu, iTunes, etc...the DMA app was actually very good and always had special features even if Vudu didn't)

Here's another piece of bad news...
                      all those Target "exclusive bonus feature" videos that you redeem via code when you buy select Disney blu rays from them appear to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CT-Scott View Post
                        So I read the article and am still a little confused. So maybe while this thread is still young, some folks can help fill in some blanks which will be useful to others as well:

3) So how does 4K movie sharing work with all of this? If I've bought a movie through iTunes and they've upgraded me to 4K for free, can I now watch it in 4K via a 4K-ready Vudu device? How about the opposite: if I bought it from the Vudu store in 4K, can I watch it on an Apple TV in 4K using Apple's own movie playing functionality? And where do Disney's 4K movies fall into this? It was my understanding that they weren't participating in Apple's "free 4K upgrades". Was that just a temporary thing because they were about to announce this new service?
                        I think the itunes portion will be more straightforward than all the others since the HD files are switched to 4K upon availability. The reverse may be an issue.

Comment

So I set up a new account and linked it to my iTunes account. I held off from trying to link to Vudu since I knew there was an issue being worked on. But I just realized that none of my Disney movies are showing up. I purchased those through Vudu, but I had previously linked my Vudu account to the old Disney Movies Anywhere account. So I'm thinking that there should be a way to link the new Movies Anywhere account to the old Disney Movies Anywhere account, but I'm not seeing that.

The Disney Movies Anywhere website (disneymoviesanywhere.com) has a message at the top stating that there's a temporary outage, so that probably has something to do with it.

But I'm now I'm left wondering why I needed to set up a new Movies Anywhere account in the first place. Shouldn't the old Disney Movies Anywhere service be replaced altogether with this new one, and my old DMA account have just become a Movies Anywhere account?

Comment

So I set up a new account and linked it to my iTunes account. I held off from trying to link to Vudu since I knew there was an issue being worked on. But I just realized that none of my Disney movies are showing up. I purchased those through Vudu, but I had previously linked my Vudu account to the old Disney Movies Anywhere account. So I'm thinking that there should be a way to link the new Movies Anywhere account to the old Disney Movies Anywhere account, but I'm not seeing that.

The Disney Movies Anywhere website (disneymoviesanywhere.com) has a message at the top stating that there's a temporary outage, so that probably has something to do with it.

But I'm now I'm left wondering why I needed to set up a new Movies Anywhere account in the first place. Shouldn't the old Disney Movies Anywhere service be replaced altogether with this new one, and my old DMA account have just become a Movies Anywhere account?

Upon creation of the MA account it popped up and asked me to migrate the DMA account over (which I wish I said no to). So yes, it sounds like it may have something to do with the DMA site being down.

Comment

Click on your name dropdown in MA and there should be an option to migrate your DMA account.

Comment

There is an option, not on the same page as the Vudu/Google/iTunes linking, where you migrate your DMA account.

Comment

Working...
                                X