Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

    A UHD community is reporting that UV codes redeemed on MA are no longer syncing to UV through VUDU as of this morning (the 19th).
    I've not seen any announcements nor any consistent reports that there has been a change made vs. just random syncing issues so I thought I'd check with folks here to see if anyone is aware of a change and/or isn't seeing their MA redeemed - UV eligible- titles sync to UVVU.

    #2
    Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

    Originally posted by CBrown View Post
    A UHD community is reporting that UV codes redeemed on MA are no longer syncing to UV through VUDU as of this morning (the 19th).
    I've not seen any announcements nor any consistent reports that there has been a change made vs. just random syncing issues so I thought I'd check with folks here to see if anyone is aware of a change and/or isn't seeing their MA redeemed - UV eligible- titles sync to UVVU.
    Thank you, I thought I was alone having issues. Shortly after the merge I redeemed a few iTunes codes through iTunes, and those movies ported over to Fandangonow via Vudu in little time.

    Yesterday I redeemed about 5 Movie Anywhere compatible (Universal) movies in iTunes. They appeared in Vudu almost immediately, but have yet to appear in Fandangonow. The site myuv.com is still acting funny, so I can't check there.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

      Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post
      Thank you, I thought I was alone having issues. Shortly after the merge I redeemed a few iTunes codes through iTunes, and those movies ported over to Fandangonow via Vudu in little time.

      Yesterday I redeemed about 5 Movie Anywhere compatible (Universal) movies in iTunes. They appeared in Vudu almost immediately, but have yet to appear in Fandangonow. The site myuv.com is still acting funny, so I can't check there.
      I used instawatch for one title yesterday it populated to my sub accounts and fandangonow and its in MA but i am not getting itunes to sync but thats for all movies

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

        update Annabelle Creation did not populate to my UVVU account nor did it flow thru to my other Uv provider it was redeemed on the MA site

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

          Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
          update Annabelle Creation did not populate to my UVVU account nor did it flow thru to my other Uv provider it was redeemed on the MA site
          I would stay away from the MA site for redemptions. I bought Annabelle: Creation from Vudu and it ported just fine to other providers almost right away.

          73 UHD
          851 HDX
          2 SD

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

            Originally posted by lujan View Post
            I would stay away from the MA site for redemptions. I bought Annabelle: Creation from Vudu and it ported just fine to other providers almost right away.

            73 UHD
            851 HDX
            2 SD
            He says he used Instawatch, which is redeemed through Vudu and not Movies Anywhere.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

              I redeemed "Wonder Woman" in Vudu - It appears in my uvvu account.
              I redeemed "War for the planet of the apes" on MA - it does not appear in my uvvu account...

              This is very worrying. Both are UV enabled on Vudu.

              Can someone from Vudu clarify what's going on?

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                Originally posted by Tom Erik Smith View Post
                I redeemed "Wonder Woman" in Vudu - It appears in my uvvu account.
                I redeemed "War for the planet of the apes" on MA - it does not appear in my uvvu account...

                This is very worrying. Both are UV enabled on Vudu.

                Can someone from Vudu clarify what's going on?
                I'm not sure even Vudu knows what's going on with MA?

                73 UHD
                851 HDX
                2 SD

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                  To answer the main issue of this thread, this is how MA is designed to work. MA redeemed titles only port over to Vudu, Google Play, Amazon and iTunes. THEY DO NOT PORT INTO ULTRAVIOLET. This is by design.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                    Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                    To answer the main issue of this thread, this is how MA is designed to work. MA redeemed titles only port over to Vudu, Google Play, Amazon and iTunes. THEY DO NOT PORT INTO ULTRAVIOLET. This is by design.
                    Thank you for clarifying, that makes sense. Perhaps Vudu will look into a new system for family sharing now that Ultraviolet will see reduced content and support due to studios changing from UV advertising and slips to MA advertising? iTunes and Google Play both have systems for family sharing all movies and television content, and not just using the limited UV system of sharing.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                      Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                      To answer the main issue of this thread, this is how MA is designed to work. MA redeemed titles only port over to Vudu, Google Play, Amazon and iTunes. THEY DO NOT PORT INTO ULTRAVIOLET. This is by design.
                      Thanks for replying Filipe but that hasn't been the case prior to yesterday according users on number of forums. While yes, we understanding redeeming on MA doesn't give you UV directly and the same is true for redeeming on UV, VUDU's role since MA launch was as the bridge so if we had both licensing sources linked to VUDU, owned movies on once service would show up in VUDU and be synced to the other service since. This is still happening for UV redemptions to MA through VUDU but reportedly MA to UV through VUDU has stopped.
                      On Tuesday I redeemed Spider-Man Homecoming on MA (per Sony's redemption site default directions) and it showed up on VUDU in UHD and then on UVVU.com as UHD. So it was working prior to yesterday.

                      So if this isn't happening anymore, it would seem to be due to a change in the way VUDU is handling things as they were the link in both directions. Are you saying that this change (or correction) with VUDU's linkage has indeed happened?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                        Originally posted by CBrown View Post
                        Thanks for replying Filipe but that hasn't been the case prior to yesterday according users on number of forums. Experience redeeming Spider-man Homecoming which I redeemed on MA (per Sony's redemption site's default direction) and it appeared on VUDU and then on UVVU as UHD.

                        So if this isn't happening anymore, it would seem to be due to a change in the way VUDU is handling things as they were the link. Are you saying that this change (or correction) with VUDU's has indeed happened?
                        What some users have experienced is a bug. Those titles were never to export out to UV. The bug will be resolved soon.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                          Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                          What some users have experienced is a bug. Those titles were never to export out to UV. The bug will be resolved soon.
                          It appears that the bug has been resolved already, as MA redemptions no longer provide UV rights. Is that what you're referring to? Or will UV rights be revoked from content that did port to Ultraviolet during the bug?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                            Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                            To answer the main issue of this thread, this is how MA is designed to work. MA redeemed titles only port over to Vudu, Google Play, Amazon and iTunes. THEY DO NOT PORT INTO ULTRAVIOLET. This is by design.
                            So i am understanding perfectly, the best way to redeem a code right now if you want UV and MA on a title that is both is to redeem on VUDU?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

                              Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                              So i am understanding perfectly, the best way to redeem a code right now if you want UV and MA on a title that is both is to redeem on VUDU?
                              That's correct. The only issue that comes into play is 4K digital copies. When Vudu doesn't have 4K available, redeeming in Vudu will only give you HD rights on the other services and UV, even if they are 4K elsewhere.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X