Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UltraViolet FAQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UltraViolet FAQ's

Originally posted by lujan View Post
    The only reason I got the SD copy first is because I incorrectly did the UV copy using the code on the insert at the UV website instead of the Paramount website. You don't need both because once you have the HDX Vudu version, you can watch the SD version on iPad, PC, etc. Just use the code at the Paramount website and register and then link to the UV site and all should be well.
    I did the redemption through the Paramount site and got the SD version. doesn't sound like its consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
      The only reason I got the SD copy first is because I incorrectly did the UV copy using the code on the insert at the UV website instead of the Paramount website. You don't need both because once you have the HDX Vudu version, you can watch the SD version on iPad, PC, etc. Just use the code at the Paramount website and register and then link to the UV site and all should be well.
      Thanks, I just want the HDX copy and don't want to clutter up my Vudu library with the same movie in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
        Thanks, I just want the HDX copy and don't want to clutter up my Vudu library with the same movie in SD.
        It won't clutter up your Vudu library because it only shows up once. When you click on it to watch it, you will have:

SD checked
        HDX checked

Comment

Originally posted by droidzombie View Post
          I did the redemption through the Paramount site and got the SD version. doesn't sound like its consistent.
          Strange

Comment

So does it say HD purchase on Paramount's site? If it does you need to contact Vudu support, but if it says SD purchase you need to contact Paramount support.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
              So does it say HD purchase on Paramount's site? If it does you need to contact Vudu support, but if it says SD purchase you need to contact Paramount support.
              It actually doesn't say either SD or HD on the paramount site. But when I play the movie its HD. I think this is a vudu thing cause when I look at the movie status in vudu, it says you own "SD, HD, HDX" but when I try to play it through vudu, it only plays SD. I've opened a ticket with vudu. Even if things are working correctly in the end, at least I'll get an answer of what is happening here. Perhaps the vudu UI doesn't support an HD option and it should?? Hmm just guessing here. I'm going to post a follow up if support helps me out here.

Comment

It actually doesn't say either SD or HD on the paramount site. But when I play the movie its HD. I think this is a vudu thing cause when I look at the movie status in vudu, it says you own "SD, HD, HDX" but when I try to play it through vudu, it only plays SD. I've opened a ticket with vudu. Even if things are working correctly in the end, at least I'll get an answer of what is happening here. Perhaps the vudu UI doesn't support an HD option and it should?? Hmm just guessing here. I'm going to post a follow up if support helps me out here.
                How are you playing it on Vudu? On PC? If so, PC is always SD for Vudu.

Comment

Something is amiss here because all of my movies I have registered on Paramounts website through Paramount say "HD Purchase" right next to it. Could it be under "Other Ultraviolet Movies"? Does it not look like this on your Paramount page?:

Comment

Something is amiss here because all of my movies I have registered on Paramounts website through Paramount say "HD Purchase" right next to it. Could it be under "Other Ultraviolet Movies"? Does it not look like this on your Paramount page?:

Hey Stark,

Could you send me a private message with your email address? I'd like to take a look at your account?

Comment

Starkenator, thank you! I might have been accessing paramount a wrong way or something. I was able to bring up the page that you posted and yes, it says HD purchase on mine as well. So being confident that I do have it in HD from Paramount I now have to wonder why i'm only getting it in SD on vudu.

Since I missed the HD on the paramount site I studied the vudu site really good and saw this. I did catch that it does say I own the HDX version in vudu. But it only lets me play it in SD. I wanted to make sure this was not a GUI browser issue. I verified its the same in Chrom, IE, PS3, and Boxee.

I also did a disk to digital (that was a crazy time, but another story). All videos were bluray and once they were put into my account same thing as the screen shot above. says I own it in HDX, but only watch in SD.

Comment

Starkenator, thank you! I might have been accessing paramount a wrong way or something. I was able to bring up the page that you posted and yes, it says HD purchase on mine as well. So being confident that I do have it in HD from Paramount I now have to wonder why i'm only getting it in SD on vudu.

Since I missed the HD on the paramount site I studied the vudu site really good and saw this. I did catch that it does say I own the HDX version in vudu. But it only lets me play it in SD. I wanted to make sure this was not a GUI browser issue. I verified its the same in Chrom, IE, PS3, and Boxee.

I also did a disk to digital (that was a crazy time, but another story). All videos were bluray and once they were put into my account same thing as the screen shot above. says I own it in HDX, but only watch in SD.
                        Thats because it's on the PC, you can only play back SD with a computer. If you use your PS3 you should be able to access it in HDX.

Comment

why can computer only play SD if computer supports HD????

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                            why can computer only play SD if computer supports HD????
                            Studios restriction. Hopefully with iTunes allowed to play HD on PC nowadays that will change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
                              Thats because it's on the PC, you can only play back SD with a computer. If you use your PS3 you should be able to access it in HDX.
                              Thanks Dan. At the same time of posting this I did the disk to digital and can confirm that on a PS3 and Boxee the new movies do show up as HDX. And yes they are still all SD on the PC (VERY BUMMED ABOUT THIS PC THING). However, the reason why I was under the impression that I was only getting SD is because I only had movies (at the time) that I redeemed from UV inserts from my bluray movies. These are still SD and I have a feeling they will always be SD.

Can I assume these are SD because the distributing company (i.e. Paramount, Universal...) has only given us SD? That its not Vudu's choosing of what we get? Since I'm 99.9% sure this is a yes, could vudu provide a program where we can upgrade those movies for $2 to HDX? I see that for the whole vudu site you can own a movie in SD, and then re-buy it in HD or HDX for the full price. Having an upgrade option for already purchased movies would be great! Unfortunately, at this time I have absolutely no use for these SD movies because they look horrible on my big TV. I'm sure others are in the same boat too. More money for you guys .. hint hint.

Comment

Thanks Dan. At the same time of posting this I did the disk to digital and can confirm that on a PS3 and Boxee the new movies do show up as HDX. And yes they are still all SD on the PC (VERY BUMMED ABOUT THIS PC THING). However, the reason why I was under the impression that I was only getting SD is because I only had movies (at the time) that I redeemed from UV inserts from my bluray movies. These are still SD and I have a feeling they will always be SD.

Can I assume these are SD because the distributing company (i.e. Paramount, Universal...) has only given us SD? That its not Vudu's choosing of what we get? Since I'm 99.9% sure this is a yes, could vudu provide a program where we can upgrade those movies for $2 to HDX? I see that for the whole vudu site you can own a movie in SD, and then re-buy it in HD or HDX for the full price. Having an upgrade option for already purchased movies would be great! Unfortunately, at this time I have absolutely no use for these SD movies because they look horrible on my big TV. I'm sure others are in the same boat too. More money for you guys .. hint hint.
                                Yes, as of now Universal and Warner only appear to offer their movies in SD when packed in whith Blu-rays while Sony and Paramount give you the HD version. An upgrade from SD would be nice through Vudu but you could always just take the Blu-ray into Walmart, upgrade to HDX and get the same effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X