Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Early adopters IN LUCK with UV! Flixster upgraded SD movies to HDX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early adopters IN LUCK with UV! Flixster upgraded SD movies to HDX!

I'm going to try AGAIN with my Shameless Season 1 and Falling Skies Season 1 codes. So far no luck. Hopefully this time they'll come through.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
      I'm going to try AGAIN with my Shameless Season 1 and Falling Skies Season 1 codes. So far no luck. Hopefully this time they'll come through.
      I just redeemed Shameless Season 1 now and got SD only rights. I have put in a support request with Warner Bros.

Comment

Okay, FINALLY, absolute and total success! After roughly three days of e-mailing back and forth to uvsupport@wb.com, I was given HD upgrades to all of the Blu-Ray Combo Pack movies I had initially been given only SD rights too. I truly feel like I've reached the end of a quest. Now, I only have, surprise surprise, COWBOYS AND ALIENS, left in my collection STILL giving me trouble. I just got an e-mail back from Universal with the same "no HD available" and they still haven't changed the ALID to allow my SD copy, redeemed in FEB. 1012 by the way, to show up in MY VUDU collection. But, again, I know there's another thread for complaints about that. But, back to this topic, if it bothers you that you still didn't get the HD rights that were owed to you for those early WB movies, I urge you to shoot 'em an e-mail and see what you get. Hopefully, you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

Comment

Something is going on with COWBOYS & ALIENS because the theatrical version appeared in my VUDU library over the weekend and it's in HDX. I already had the extended version in there in HDX since I bought the BD.

Comment

WOW! You are SO lucky. I wish I could say that that happened to me. COWBOYS AND ALIENS is really the last "trouble" movie in my UV collection. I've really worked at fixing the other ones in my collection, but STILL this movie reserves to be fixed. Oh well, maybe one of these days.

Comment

Well I just tried my luck with and sent WB an email about upgrading 6 movies that I had redeemed before they supported HD. I sent the email earlier today and within 90 minutes I had received a reply stating that they went ahead and added HD access to the movies I asked for. Just checked VUDU and all 6 are now available in HDX! I tried messing around with Flixster's support a couple times over the past few months about getting the same movies updated and like everyone else I got the typical "This movie is not available in HD" type response. So I went straight to WB this time and they took care of my in less than 90 minutes. Talk about awesome service. Here are the 6 movies I had upgraded.

Contagion
              Crazy, Stupid, Love
              Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
              The Hangover Part II
              Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
              Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

So for those still having issues with Flixster getting their movies upgraded I totally recommend contacting WB directly at the uvsupport@wb.com email listed in prior posts. I basically explained that I redeemed the UV before they supported HD UV and gave them a list of the 6 movies with the original UV codes that came with the blu-ray. Totally worth the 5 minutes it took to email them.

Comment

Yeah for WB! I'm going to definitely consider WB movies in the future first since they are so great with customer service compared to the other studios. They have also recently had better pricing on some of their movies than Amazon, Walmart or BB. I only have 5 (out of 80) SD movies left on my Vudu account and they're not WB (or I don't have UV codes) so don't think they will ever get upgraded to HDX?

Comment

Has anyone tried upgrading WB movies they got free from Flixter? I have like 4-5 more WB movies that were "gifts" from Flixster for various reasons but I didn't bother asking WB if they'd upgrade those since I never actually bought the movies. But has anyone tried it and had luck getting those upgraded as well?

Comment

Originally posted by KMan2100 View Post
                    Has anyone tried upgrading WB movies they got free from Flixter? I have like 4-5 more WB movies that were "gifts" from Flixster for various reasons but I didn't bother asking WB if they'd upgrade those since I never actually bought the movies. But has anyone tried it and had luck getting those upgraded as well?
                    I thought of it but when I did the request I also sent them the UV codes so we wouldn't have the codes for the ones we didn't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                      I thought of it but when I did the request I also sent them the UV codes so we wouldn't have the codes for the ones we didn't buy.
                      Yeah...that's what I was thinking too but then again maybe we don't need to give them the UV codes to get them upgraded. The way WB was talking in the email I got they basically added the HD access under my email address for the movies I listed. Now I don't know exactly how the whole process works but I would imagine if you don't own the movies, them giving you HD access doesn't necessary mean they wouldn't show up in your UV account. But like I said I don't know how the whole process works.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to send them another email and inquire about it. I just won't mention that I got the movies free. I'll just say I don't have the original codes anymore and well see what they say. Worst thing they'll say is that they can't do it without the codes.

Comment

When I got my WB movies upgraded to HD I even had some upgraded that I didn't redeem with my Flixster or Vudu but I knew it came from the Blu-ray combo since everyone in my Ultra-Violet group only buy new release movies on Blu-ray.

Comment

Well I just tried my luck with and sent WB an email about upgrading 6 movies that I had redeemed before they supported HD. I sent the email earlier today and within 90 minutes I had received a reply stating that they went ahead and added HD access to the movies I asked for. Just checked VUDU and all 6 are now available in HDX!
                          Thanks for update and advise. So, I forwarded a previous Flixster support email from July 2012 to WB and couple hours later I got;

"Thank you for your patience. We have inserted HD copies of Project X, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, and Hangover 2.

If this does not resolve your issue, please reply to this email with additional information.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for contacting us."

WooHoo!

Comment

Well I just tried my luck with and sent WB an email about upgrading 6 movies that I had redeemed before they supported HD. I sent the email earlier today and within 90 minutes I had received a reply stating that they went ahead and added HD access to the movies I asked for. Just checked VUDU and all 6 are now available in HDX! I tried messing around with Flixster's support a couple times over the past few months about getting the same movies updated and like everyone else I got the typical "This movie is not available in HD" type response. So I went straight to WB this time and they took care of my in less than 90 minutes. Talk about awesome service. Here are the 6 movies I had upgraded.

Contagion
                            Crazy, Stupid, Love
                            Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
                            The Hangover Part II
                            Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
                            Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

So for those still having issues with Flixster getting their movies upgraded I totally recommend contacting WB directly at the uvsupport@wb.com email listed in prior posts. I basically explained that I redeemed the UV before they supported HD UV and gave them a list of the 6 movies with the original UV codes that came with the blu-ray. Totally worth the 5 minutes it took to email them.
                            Can you PM me the content of the email you used sans personal info and codes of course.

I emailed that address last Wednesday and received a response 20 minutes later stating the following but I have yet to hear anything back from them.

We apologize for any technical difficulties you are experiencing. We are currently researching the issue you have reported and will contact you soon with further support.
                            I seem to have bad luck as I haven't been able to get them to upgrade any of my movies which should have been HD.

Comment

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on the email I sent yesterday afternoon about the 6 free movies I got from Flixster. Took them a bit longer to get back to me this time but they did upgrade 1 of the 6 to HDX. The told me that the other 5 they did not have HDX UV versions to upgrade me too yet. So I'm guessing that VUDU is the one supplying the HDX copies of those 5 and not WB. But they made it sound like they might eventually be coming so I'll give it a month or two and maybe try it again.

Here are the 6 movies I tried to get upgraded.

Blow
                              The Bodyguard
                              Lethal Weapon
                              Michael Clayton
                              Pay It Forward
                              Year of the Dragon

The only one they were able to upgrade was "The Bodyguard". But hey...I guess 1 is better than none. I didn't include any codes in this email I basically just stated that I no longer had the codes for them. They didn't ask me any further questions or as me to prove that I owned the movies. They just went ahead and added the HD copy of "The Bodyguard" to my email and it showed up in VUDU this morning. So it looks like they will upgrade the free movies from Flixster if they have them. So you might want to give it a shot.

Comment

Just got my HDX copies of Crazy, Stupid, Love; Horrible Bosses and Safe House. It must have been from my original email I sent to Flixster about a month or so ago. Still didn't get The Dark Knight from Best Buy's steelbook (from first email) or Face/Off from the Walmart $7.88 collection (from more-recent email). Has anyone had luck upgrading free movies or other movies in general from SD to HDX by emailing Flixster/WB support? I've got around 15 or so free movies I got that are in SD and a handful of purchases from Cinemanow that I paid the HD price for and only have SD. If I could get these in HD that'd be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X