Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Originally posted by giffordj View Post
    Here's my list

Name: Babylon 5 - The Movie Collection
    Disc :5 Disc DVD Set
    UPC :0 85393 34372 9

Name: Firefly - The Complete Series
    Disc : 4 Disc DVD Set
    UPC : 0 24543 08929 2
    Error : Reads as Serenity

Name: Crusade - The Complete Series
    Disc : 3 Disc DVD Set
    UPC : 0 85393 97202 8

Name: Gamera Trilopy
    Disc : 2 Disc Bluray Set
    UPC : 6 83904 63055 1

Name: Space 1999 - 30th Anniversary Edition
    Disc : 8 Disc DVD Set
    UPC : 7 33967 77337 8

Name: Dune (Newer)
    Disc : 3 Disc DVD Set
    UPC : 0 12236 12529 7

Name: Children of Dune
    Disc : 2 Disc DVD Set
    UPC : 0 12236 13872 3
    I don't believe any of those are eligible for d2d. TV shows and TV movies are definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
      I don't believe any of those are eligible for d2d. TV shows and TV movies are definitely not.
      Shouldn't matter whether they are eligible or not as far as recognition goes. While I would like them to prioritize fixing the ones that are eligible, all discs should be recognized (and then highlight they aren't available for conversion if they indeed aren't - though it would be quicker to check on the vudu site of course).

Comment

Originally posted by CBrown View Post
        Shouldn't matter whether they are eligible or not as far as recognition goes. While I would like them to prioritize fixing the ones that are eligible, all discs should be recognized (and then highlight they aren't available for conversion if they indeed aren't - though it would be quicker to check on the vudu site of course).
        True, but he did not give much description on what error he got except for Serenity. Not eligible? Not identified? That weird error double sided discs give sometimes. For all we know they were identified but gave the not eligible message. I would guess not eligible discs aren't high on their list to fix but if they do want them they'd want as much info as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
          True, but he did not give much description on what error he got except for Serenity. Not eligible? Not identified? That weird error double sided discs give sometimes. For all we know they were identified but gave the not eligible message. I would guess not eligible discs aren't high on their list to fix but if they do want them they'd want as much info as possible.
          The TV Series Firefly reads as the movie Serenity, and it would allow me to get the movie.

The others did not read at all. Sorry for not being clear.

Comment

Off work today due to the snow so I was playing around trying to get in one more order pretty soon and all the following discs have problems. I didn't include the upc. I may go back later and add it.

Blu's:
            Casablanca 70th anniversary edition: the blu ray doesn't read in the d2d at home program but the dvd that charges $5 does

American Gangster: you only have the option to add Theatrical cut but both are in the d2d listing

Horrible Bosses (Totally Inappropriate Edition)

Smashed, The Ring, Rust and Bone, The Heat 2013, Boondock Saints 2 director's cut, Mama, This is 40, Lawless, The Way Way Back, will not work with the d2d at home program. I really want Rust and Bone to work. It along with Lawless and I think Smashed will work with the Flixster app but I'm not paying $5

Enemy Mine which shows up on the D2d list doesn't read (I thought ive seen the movie here at vudu before but its no longer showing up on the vudu search)
            Night of the Living Dead 1990, doesn't read but is available.

Dvd's

Joe Kidd from the Clint Eastwood western 3 movie collection is the only one that want read from that set

The Passenger (jack Nicholson), And Justice for all, Superman 4, Lemony Snicket's A series of Unfortunate events, Dead Ringers, Lords of Dogtown, Phantasm, You don't mess with the Zohan, all offer SD only. Would love to have them in my locker but if they ever go HD you will have to rebuy so...no thanks.

All the following movies are not read at all and some of these are MGM and some if not all are not even here at Vudu. They need to be lol.

Equilibrium
            Troy Directors Cut
            The Last of the Mohicans Directors Cut
            The Doors
            Dogma
            Money Talks
            Undertow (mgm)
            Oldboy (tartan)
            The Proposition
            The Brothers Grimm
            A Fish called Wanda (mgm)
            Superman II The Donner Cut

Comment

Superman: The Movie [Special Edition] (UPC: 012569753419)
              Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (UPC: 085391131045)
              Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Director's Edition (UPC: 097360885842)
              Blade Runner [Theatrical Cut] ? (UPC: Unknown)

Comment

Disc-to-digital discs reporting errors

Although I have sucessfully converted serveral DVD's and Blu-Rays to digital using the AT Home Disc to Digital service, I receive errors on quite a few listed as available. Please note my local Walmart has told me they do not offer this conversion. Having said that, here is my list of owned DVD or Blu Ray discs that give error messages while attempting the AT HOME disc to digital service. HOW DO I GET THEM CONVERTED?
                1. Next (Blu-Ray)
                2. Avatar (Blu-Ray)
                3. Jurassic Park (Blu-Ray)
                4. The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Blu-Ray)
                5. Jurassic Park III (Blu-Ray)
                6. A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-Ray)
                7. Big Fish (DVD)
                8. Bad Girls extended cut (DVD)
                9. Live Free or Die Hard (DVD)
                10. Lethal Weapon (DVD)
                11. Lethal Weapon 2 (DVD)
                12. Lara Croft Tomb Raider; The Cradle of Life (DVD)
                13. Broken Trail (DVD)
                14. Alvin and the Chipmunks (DVD)
                15. The Seventh Sign (DVD)
                16. Meet Joe Black (DVD)
                17. S.W.A.T. (DVD)
                18. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (DVD)
                19. The Mothman Prophecies (DVD)

Also does anybody know where there is a list of all disc conversion errors awaiting a solution? This would be the easiest way for members to review that they know when to attempt a conversion again.

Comment

Found a few more

Name : Riddick Trilogy
                  Movies : Pitch Black UnRated - Disc 1
                  : The Chronicles of Riddick Dark Fury - Disc 1
                  : The Chronicles of Riddick - Disc 2
                  Disc :2 Disc DVD Set
                  UPC :0 25192 65942 3
                  Problem: Reads Disc 1 as Pitch Black Unrated only, no Dark Fury
                  : No issues with Disc 2

Name : Sweet Home Alabama
                  UP :7 86936 20803 0
                  Problem: Does not recognize

Comment

Name - Battlestar Galactica Razor - Unrated Extended Edition
                    UPC - 0 25195 01505 9
                    Problem - Does not recognize

Name - Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome - Unrated Edition
                    UPC - 0 25192 16513 9
                    Problem - Does not recognize

Comment

Re: Disc-to-digital discs reporting errors

Originally posted by gdaontour View Post
                      Although I have sucessfully converted serveral DVD's and Blu-Rays to digital using the AT Home Disc to Digital service, I receive errors on quite a few listed as available. Please note my local Walmart has told me they do not offer this conversion. Having said that, here is my list of owned DVD or Blu Ray discs that give error messages while attempting the AT HOME disc to digital service. HOW DO I GET THEM CONVERTED?
                      1. Jurassic Park (Blu-Ray)
                      2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Blu-Ray)
                      3. Jurassic Park III (Blu-Ray)
                      If you have unused Digital Copy codes for the Jurassic Park trilogy you can contact Universal with these codes and they will give you UV codes. Unfortunately UV codes are not available from them for the Back to the Future trilogy. Contact them with this info at the link below:

http://www.universalhidef.com/support/

Comment

Name: Shakespeare In Love [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 031398147657
                        Problem: Disc not recognized

Name: Ghostbusters [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 043396249462

Name: Goodfellas [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 085391108085
                        Problem: Recognized as DVD version

Name: Who Framed Roger Rabbit [Blu-Ray] 25th Anniversary
                        UPC: 786936833027

Name: Constantine [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 085391156802

Name: 2001: A Space Odyssey [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 012569798380
                        Problem: Recognized as Barry Lyndon [Blu-Ray]

Name: Almost Famous (Untitled Bootleg Cut) [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 097360829143
                        Problem: Recognized as standard DVD edition

Name: Robocop [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 027616091635
                        Problem: Recognized as Robocop 2 [Blu-Ray] which is unavailable for conversion

Name: Braveheart [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 097361396743

Name: V For Vendetta [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 085391117018

Name: The Fifth Element [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 043396215207

Name: The Godfather [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 097361386447 (disc one of The Coppola Restoration set)

Name: The Godfather Part II [Blu-Ray]
                        UPC: 097361386447 (disc two of The Coppola Restoration set)
                        Last edited by MatthewTheRaven; 01-31-2014, 06:45 PM. Reason: Removed some discs where the problem was that I already had them on my previous disc-to-digital list in SD

Comment

The following are still broken/not identified ...

Rango (There was a problem while verifying this disc)
                          Puss in Boots (Unable to identify this disc)
                          The Ring (Unable to identify this disc)
                          Pet Sematary (Unable to identify this disc)

How can I confirm that Vudu is actually receiving the information I send when manually identifying a disc?

Comment

Bad Grandpa (032429146243) Blu Ray unsurprisingly comes up as not identified but even more of a surprise is the DVD reads as "The Cove".

Wrong Turn 5-Unrated (Blu /dvd 024543824862): DVD needs to be verified and Blu comes up as Theatrical.

Comment

Back to the Future (25th Anniversary Trilogy) Blu-ray 0-25192-04949-1
                              4 Film Favorites:Batman Collection (Batman, Batman&Robin, Batman Forever, Batman Returns) DVD 8-83929-07359-7
                              Cold Mountain Blu-ray 0-31398-14763-3-80
                              Pathfinder Blu-ray 0-24543-45997-2-80
                              Fight Club DVD 0-24543-04479-6
                              Date Night 4 Movie Collection DVD 0-43396-408760
                              - The Bounty Hunter reads as Everything is Illuminated
                              - The Ugly Truth & How Do You Know reads as Taras Bulba
                              - The Back-up Plan not recognized
                              Double Feature: Tin Cup/Bagger Vance DVD 8-8392938981-0
                              - Tin Cup not recognized
                              Double Feature: Moulin Rouge/Tristan + Isolde DVD 0-24543-68487-9
                              - Tristan+Isolde not recognized
                              Girls Just Want to Have Fun DVD 0-14381-72882-8
                              The Heat DVD 0-2454388957-1-81
                              Double Feature: Hollywood Homicide / Hudson Hawk Blu-ray 6-83904-63109-1 neither recognized
                              4 Film Favorites: Denzel Washington DVD 8-8392918308-1
                              - Fallen not recognized

In most cases, I have entered the movie name and received message that I will be notified when the disk is confirmed, but have yet to receive any notifications of this type. The movies in question have either been purchased through Walmart or Amazon. I am trying to convert my entire library to the cloud, so any assistance in resolving these mapping/recognition issues would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Comment

Another one

Name: Red Faction: Origins
                                UPC: 025192102783
                                Problem: Unable to Identify Movie

Comment

Working...
                                X